Snowdonia meet

Cliff-P

Link Posted 04/03/2013 - 22:16
Stuey wrote:
Cliff-P wrote:
Can i come

Of course you can Cliff - if you tavel with Shaun you may need to make sure he doesn't put you in the boot with that new phototakingmebob you have bought

Lol and here`s me thinking I would get pampered

I was just talking to Shaun tonight about a possible meet soon, lets hope the weather gets a bit warmer though!.

End of March sounds ok to me.
Cliff.

My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses

davidstorm

Link Posted 04/03/2013 - 22:29
I'd love to go to Snowdonia, depending on date.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

simonkit

Link Posted 04/03/2013 - 22:49
Keeping my eye on the date...I'm running a couple of one-to-one tution sessions towards the end of March so might have a clash, otherwise am definitely interested

Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com

My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk

Find me on Google+ link

AndrewA

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 08:04
Any thoughts on a date yet, I will need to get it on the calendar before jobs are put on it for me
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link

Stuey

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 12:33
Just had a quick scan over the responses and Tim/Northgrain can't (or couldn't) be there at Easter but could after that and Simon's end of March clash - unless I have missed them no other actual dates seem to have been mentioned so how about April 6th or 7th?

Is this a good enough starter

And it gives the weather longer to warm up for Cliff P (I think his Nikon may be scared of the cold)
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Last Edited by Stuey on 05/03/2013 - 12:36

Cliff-P

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 13:05
Stuey wrote:

And it gives the weather longer to warm up for Cliff P (I think his Nikon may be scared of the cold)

Listen, if my camera freezes the af will still be faster than a Pentax
Cliff.

My Flickr link

Stuey

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 21:03
Good come back - shame it won't keep the rain out

Back on topic - whilst working ever so hard this afternoon I wondered where we may visit whilst in Snowdonia and put together the beginnings of an idea, of course this will change and will be down to what 'the group' wants to do but here at least is a start with a view to covering more than one set of photo opportunities during the day without much walking up hill.

Not knowing what each person wants to do or can do I thought to work on photo opportunities that are not far from the car as such, here is my initial idea;

Start AM at Llyn LLydaw as parking can be had for a cost close by or a shuttle type service could be run by one or more of us from a parking area not so close meaning less parking costs. It is not much of a walk to Llyn Llydaw from the car park and not much height is gained on the walk which is wheelchair friendly.

Then on to Anglesey Barracks/ Dinorwig slate quarry again not much of a walk from the nearest parking area and has pretty good views.

And one for Father Ted - how about lunch at Pete's Eats (no I am not offering to pay)followed by a wander around close by in Llanberis as there are a number of photo ops nearby

Then towards the end of the 'sunlight' assuming we have some LLyn Idwal or maybe LLynau Mymbr followed with a pint(or tea/coffee) or so at Cobdens on the way home

Of course there are many other options and the above are only ideas so any refinements/ total changes (we could cover one or more of the peaks instead) are welcome

Cheers

Stu.

My Flickr site link

Cliff-P

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 21:32
Stuey wrote:
Good come back - shame it won't keep the rain out

Stu.

Come on Stu do your homework

Looks like you have with the meet anyway and sounds like a half decent plan, I`m not very familiar with the area so I`ll go along with the majority on this one.
Cliff.

My Flickr link

Stuey

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 21:40
Cliff-P wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Stuey"]Good come back - shame it won't keep the rain out

Stu.

Come on Stu do your homework

Proof of my inferior knowledge about other brands

There's one on board so far then

My Flickr site link

davidstorm

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 22:09
6th or 7th of April is good for me, thanks for this Stuey.

Regards
David

Flickr

Stuey

Link Posted 05/03/2013 - 22:31
No problem David - I guess 'provisionally' that's three of us so far

My Flickr site link

SteveF

Link Posted 06/03/2013 - 10:51
Pity, I was hoping to come, but I'll be in a much less photogenic Dusseldorf that weekend.

Northgrain

Link Posted 07/03/2013 - 22:02
Gnashing of teeth. I won't be able to make the 6th 7th April.

It's right at the end of a week away with the family in a cottage in the Ystwyth Valley, a combined walking break and revision boot camp for the 16 year old's GCSEs

But sounds like it's a good weekend for 'tothers, so I'd definitely plough on with this Stuey. I'm sure they'll be another time
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

Stuey

Link Posted 07/03/2013 - 22:19
Hi Tim

I am willing to move with whatever fits the majority - the 6th/7th is an idea but not fixed in stone

I am open to any time at a weekend other than 23/3 and 24/3 so feel free to suggest alternatives I will go with the majority as long as no one gets upset

If the others agree I see no reason why a date change would not be possible

Cheers

Stu

Come on guys - speak up - perhaps we need a separate thread with an opinion/date poll

My Flickr site link

davidstorm

Link Posted 07/03/2013 - 22:44
6th or 7th April is now out for me Stuey as I have to go to the UAE on business, so a date change might work in my favour, but I think you should set a date and stick to it, otherwise you will be all over the place. You will never be able to please everyone.

Regards
David

Flickr

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.