Sneer.
- Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Disruptive content
Posted 12/01/2011 - 22:33
Link
Er - Radio 4.
Posted 12/01/2011 - 22:55
Link
I think you will find it's..."Werther's originals" And very tasty they are to..Cant get on a plane without them.
As you have obviously given good advice to the forum in the past. Why hang up your lens cap. I dont condone bad language, but you can get your point across in many other ways..
As you have obviously given good advice to the forum in the past. Why hang up your lens cap. I dont condone bad language, but you can get your point across in many other ways..
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 12/01/2011 - 22:57
Link
I think that's a shame mowog, especially as we went out of our way to welcome you back in without consequences or grudges of any kind. Funny? Not really, just a bit of a shame.
Best regards, John
Posted 12/01/2011 - 23:11
Link
We live and learn.
But why so public an exit?
Best regards
But why so public an exit?
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 12/01/2011 - 23:47
Link
What a sad thing to want to write, even more so that you actually did write it.
Do you think David Cameron would have turned his back so easily though.
Sorry to see you go and I do empathise with some of the sentiment you have shared in your post.
PS: I've never even seen a Panda.
Do you think David Cameron would have turned his back so easily though.
Sorry to see you go and I do empathise with some of the sentiment you have shared in your post.
PS: I've never even seen a Panda.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 12/01/2011 - 23:52
Link
I think you are secretly admired for not pandering to the conservative rules of the forum.
Peter
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm
Posted 13/01/2011 - 00:10
Link
Post deleted. This is not an excuse to push the boundaries by using every possible slant on offensiveness whilst thinking the line has not been crossed. The line has been crossed and it's quite clear why. This is not a pub full of the lads having a drink and a laugh, so please temper things accordingly.
Posted 13/01/2011 - 02:15
Link
mowog wrote:
Nah!. A cool dude like me doesn't want to hang out with a load of Worther's original sucking, Radio 2 listening, Calcium supplement scoffing, Flower macro shooting bunch of dullards and old fogies like you lot!
Aww come on Mowog. Nah!. A cool dude like me doesn't want to hang out with a load of Worther's original sucking, Radio 2 listening, Calcium supplement scoffing, Flower macro shooting bunch of dullards and old fogies like you lot!
I am none of those things. I particularly hate flower macros, I never listen to Radio 2 and would never suck an original, or fake, Wurthers. I'm sure most members aren't like that either
mowog wrote:
I still maintain that One should be offended by deeds, not words. Expletives are just linguistic tools. Noises we make to stress a point. No word; Even the naughtiest, ever harmed anyone.
Of course it didn't. the old 'family' excuse is just using 'kids' as a cloak for people's own tastes IMO.I still maintain that One should be offended by deeds, not words. Expletives are just linguistic tools. Noises we make to stress a point. No word; Even the naughtiest, ever harmed anyone.
So I completely agree, but you still gotta respect the hosts of the forum in question. I run my forum in a manner which comes down on personal attacks but doesn't censor words just because of the word itself.
But I'm here for the photography first and foremost and I find this a great little forum. I'm quite happy to abide by the rules. We humans are diverse after all. Some people are offended by the lack of censoring swear words on my forum. That's fine. You can never please everyone.
So look, yes there's a language restriction here, but surely the benefits of the photography outweigh that?
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 13/01/2011 - 08:35
Link
While I do think the anyway who could be 'offended' by your word was being a bit pathetic, I also think you didn't react very well to JR's ticking off Mowog Just let it go, take a few weeks off, and come back in February!
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 13/01/2011 - 08:51
Link
TBH i actually find the OP quite insulting.
I have never sucked an original or had cocoa before bed. I have never been called conservative (political or other) by anybody.
Given the feelings expressed by Mowog I am quite happy not to see him on the forum again.
There is a time and place for expletives and obscenities; using them to provoke reaction is in itself quite childish.
It is always a pity when somebody leaves the forum, but there are times when it`s for the best.
Davex.
I have never sucked an original or had cocoa before bed. I have never been called conservative (political or other) by anybody.
Given the feelings expressed by Mowog I am quite happy not to see him on the forum again.
There is a time and place for expletives and obscenities; using them to provoke reaction is in itself quite childish.
It is always a pity when somebody leaves the forum, but there are times when it`s for the best.
Davex.


753 posts
18 years
London.
I had not read the Terms and Conditions of Forum membership, when signing up. Few people do read these things.- Thats no excuse, of course. All entirely my fault.
I still maintain that One should be offended by deeds, not words. Expletives are just linguistic tools. Noises we make to stress a point. No word; Even the naughtiest, ever harmed anyone.
Anyway!.. I've had a little time to think. Which I suppose, was the purpose of my ban. I have come to the conclusion that this Forum is no place for a candid and opinionated fellow like me.. Or anyone else who likes to talk in an adult manner, using the occasional fruity word, and without fear of upsetting someone. All things here must be fit for a child to see, apparently.
There is a distinctly elderly and conservative feel about the place. In attitude, at least. So. A forum for children, those in their second childhood, the easily offended, and the mindlessly civil, then. Certainly no place for anyone with some grit and bile, in them.
Oh, It's a nice enough little Forum. Safe, cosy and friendly... If you like that sort of thing. Yes, It's a Daily Mail reading, Cocoa before bedtime kind of Forum. If it were an item of clothing, It would be a nice, comfy pair of beige Marks and Spencer elasticated slacks.
I've found the Moderation to be mostly well meaning, but a bit humourless and pedantic, from one quarter, and of the sanctimonious, finger wagging variety, from another. This second kind, I put down to all that salty porridge they eat up there... And maybe thistles getting up his kilt, too. - That's enough to make anyone dour, 'aint it!
Nah!. A cool dude like me doesn't want to hang out with a load of Worther's original sucking, Radio 2 listening, Calcium supplement scoffing, Flower macro shooting bunch of dullards and old fogies like you lot!
I console myself with the thought that Henri Carter-Wotsisname and Gary Winnalot would also have been banned from here. - They were proper, grown-up, unshockable photographers.
It's not been all bad, tho'. - I have learned much, seen some good photographs, been given good advice and conversed with some fine people (there are a few with a spine). I hope too, that I have contributed one or two helpful posts, to offset the less welcome ones, I made.
Goodbye... You bunch of narrow minded, Provincial Panda snappers, you!
Mowog.