Pentax K-01
Posted 01/02/2012 - 11:21
Link
40mm = 60mm on 35mm????? Who in their right mind would choose
that as a standard lens???... they are normally wider?
Sounds like the lens has been chosen purely for appearances
sake? In fact considering that there's no VF it sounds
like the whole camera is just for appearances sake
that as a standard lens???... they are normally wider?
Sounds like the lens has been chosen purely for appearances
sake? In fact considering that there's no VF it sounds
like the whole camera is just for appearances sake
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/02/2012 - 11:24
Link
"Quote:
Design concept of PENTAX K-01
The camera body is compact and trim whilst preserving all the functions of a professional camera".
Now I'm interested to see exactly what that means as I have always considered the LX as their last professional camera.
Not long to wait.
Best regards
Design concept of PENTAX K-01
The camera body is compact and trim whilst preserving all the functions of a professional camera".
Now I'm interested to see exactly what that means as I have always considered the LX as their last professional camera.
Not long to wait.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 01/02/2012 - 11:24
Link
i've seen rumours that there will be 3 kits so (if the rumour is true) if the 40mm doesn't suit you can always buy a different kit
Posted 01/02/2012 - 11:42
Link
Just wondering why this wasn't launched at CES as that would have gotten it a lot more exposure I'd have imagined?
Posted 01/02/2012 - 12:58
Link
Algernon wrote:
40mm = 60mm on 35mm????? Who in their right mind would choose
that as a standard lens???... they are normally wider?
Puts to bed any speculation about a FF sensor I guess! Yes the 40mm was a bizarre choice, 21mm would have been better, and scarcely thicker. A totally new 30mm would have been ideal.... I guess they went with the 40mm because (apart from the thinness) it will reliably produce sharp pics with bokeh, something that compact camera shooters will recognise as something they can't achieve with their own kit even just from seeing a web sample.
40mm = 60mm on 35mm????? Who in their right mind would choose
that as a standard lens???... they are normally wider?
Posted 01/02/2012 - 13:03
Link
No viewfinder and uses same battery as K-5.
TBH the Sony sensor in the K-5 is about as good as it gets for a crop camera and I would be more than happy to have one in a mirrorless body.
At the end of the day (for me at least) it will come down to AF speed, whether you can see anything on the screen on a sunny day and most importantly size.
TBH the Sony sensor in the K-5 is about as good as it gets for a crop camera and I would be more than happy to have one in a mirrorless body.
At the end of the day (for me at least) it will come down to AF speed, whether you can see anything on the screen on a sunny day and most importantly size.
Posted 01/02/2012 - 14:57
Link
Mike-P wrote:
No viewfinder and uses same battery as K-5
If there's no viewfinder then for that reason only I'm out.
No viewfinder and uses same battery as K-5
Posted 01/02/2012 - 15:24
Link
Looks Good... I might even buy one!!!!
Nice signature on the bottom
No pics of the back yet
Wonder what the Red button does?
Edit: Pics of the back aren't being released until tomorrow ;-(
Nice signature on the bottom
No pics of the back yet
Wonder what the Red button does?
Edit: Pics of the back aren't being released until tomorrow ;-(
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/02/2012 - 15:33
Link
Algernon wrote:
Looks Good... I might even buy one!!!!
Nice signature on the bottom
No pics of the back yet
Wonder what the Red button does?
Edit: Pics of the back aren't being released until tomorrow ;-(
dedicated video rec button.
Looks Good... I might even buy one!!!!
Nice signature on the bottom
No pics of the back yet
Wonder what the Red button does?
Edit: Pics of the back aren't being released until tomorrow ;-(
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 01/02/2012 - 15:34
Link
Seems it merits a better strap than the K-5 too.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.




803 posts
15 years
Worcestershire
Machined aluminium and rubber- sounds exciting (if a little inappropriate:!
This is the first propercamera Pentax are launching since I purchased my K5 , I'm liking the hype
Mark Newsome says it has the functions of a professional camera- hope he includes a viewfinder in this list of functions.