Pentax K-01

gartmore

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 12:57
That isn't a letter 'K', its a space invader being shot at
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Don

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 13:44
milamber wrote:
Any guesses on what the price might be?

if Q is anything to go by...it may be pricy... will know in a couple days...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

dangie

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 14:18
On Amateur Photographer website:
Link
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

dinneenp

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 15:01
I'd love something exactly like the Sony NEX-7 that'd fit current lenses without an adapter.
Smallish, put a pancake lens on it and it'd be a dream for indoors.

japers45

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 15:07
The question of the price is problematic- we kind of know it isnt going to perform any better than the K5- but I dont think it will cost initially at least, less than the £700- £750 that the K5 retails at right now.

What justification would there be for it being more expensive? I doubt many will buy the fact that it is "new" or that it is a little bit smaller.

I think the appearance and handling would be the thing- I'd like a Fuji X100 because it looks like a proper camera with proper controls even though I know it's "only" a good performer rather than a great one and isnt that versatile.

I reckon that the release price for the K-01 , with the kit lens will be about £999 and in 6 months time it will be about £799.

During that 6 months the K5 will be superceded and the we'll have a line up of Q, K-01, K5 replacement.

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 16:26
japers45 wrote:
The question of the price is problematic- we kind of know it isnt going to perform any better than the K5- but I dont think it will cost initially at least, less than the £700- £750 that the K5 retails at right now.

What justification would there be for it being more expensive? I doubt many will buy the fact that it is "new" or that it is a little bit smaller.

If it has an electronic viewfinder, it will be a lot better for video and frankly better for using manual lenses on. It may well also be better sealed than the K5. Possibly 'dunkable'....

Yep if it's above the Kr in the line up, it may encroach on K5 sales... but the K5 replacement will be along soon.

japers45 wrote:
I think the appearance and handling would be the thing- I'd like a Fuji X100 because it looks like a proper camera with proper controls even though I know it's "only" a good performer rather than a great one and isnt that versatile.

Luckily the K5 looks like a proper camera with proper controls!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 31/01/2012 - 16:27

japers45

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 16:57
I've a sneaky suspicion that there aint going to be a built in viewfinder- I reckon a clip on hotshoe mounted EVF (add another £300).

Hope I'm wrong though.

Galoot

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 17:49
I'm a bit like you Don, quite excited, this may be what I'm looking for.

Being looking at Sony, Panasonic, even the new Ricoh etc., to maybe down-size, but hopefully use the Pentax glass I have.

Could this be the answer ?
link

Don

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 18:46
Galoot wrote:
I'm a bit like you Don, quite excited, this may be what I'm looking for.

Being looking at Sony, Panasonic, even the new Ricoh etc., to maybe down-size, but hopefully use the Pentax glass I have.

Could this be the answer ?

I'm looking for a solution to having to juggle multiple cameras all with different batteries and menus and funtions to shoot a multicam, multimedia project...

be nice to have a future where I can have two pentax evils recording video while two pentax d-slrs pick up the stills... and not have to bother with Sony at all...

Galoot

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 18:57
Don, it sounds like you need a couple of extra arms my friend

But if this new one goes even half the way I want it to, it may make us both happy.

Hope you are well my Canadian friend and that 2012 will be kind to you.

Glad you still post on here, your input would be missed by us 'old-timers'.

John
link

Don

Link Posted 31/01/2012 - 19:27
Galoot wrote:
Don, it sounds like you need a couple of extra arms my friend

But if this new one goes even half the way I want it to, it may make us both happy.

Hope you are well my Canadian friend and that 2012 will be kind to you.

Glad you still post on here, your input would be missed by us 'old-timers'.

John

thank you.
hope 2012 will be kind to you as well.

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 01/02/2012 - 10:00
Further hints....

Quote:
Design concept of PENTAX K-01

The camera body is compact and trim whilst preserving all the functions of a professional camera.

The lines are clean and simple creating an elegant graphical composition.

The materials convey quality and honesty.

Machined aluminum and rubber provide user with a tactile and durable piece of technology.

TIMELESS, TRUSTY, TOUCHABLE

Marc Newson

Quote:
smc PENTAX-DA 40mmF2.8 XS Specification:

Lens Mount: PENTAX KAF Mount
Focal Length: 40mm (Equivalent to 61mm in 35mm format)
Aperture: F2.8
Minimum Aperture: F22
Lens Construction: 5 elements in 4 groups
Angle of View: 39° (with PENTAX D-SLR camera body)
Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.4m
Maximum Magnification: 0.13x
Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
Filter Diameter: 27mm
Maximum Diameter & Minimum Length: 62.9mm x 9.2mm
Weight: 52g

1 day to go....
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

arno

Link Posted 01/02/2012 - 10:09
I'm excited to see this. Could it replace my Panny GF1???

dinneenp

Link Posted 01/02/2012 - 10:19
the hype, the hype.....can only lead to disappointment?
Cheers,
Pa
http://www.photoblog.ie where every post have a musical reference as it's title.

Mike-P

Link Posted 01/02/2012 - 10:47
dinneenp wrote:
the hype, the hype.....can only lead to disappointment?

Normally does
. My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.