Exclusive Offer: Save 40% On EaseUS Data Recovery Software

New Pentax User Redesign Screenshots

davem

Link Posted 11/11/2014 - 19:49
At last I can come back and read the forum. Thank you David for listening

Algernon

Link Posted 11/11/2014 - 19:51
Ha! Ha! a link back to when life was GOOD!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

dcweather

Link Posted 30/11/2014 - 22:57
Fine except for massive amount of white round the sides. I do have sensitive eyes and won't be able to look at this for long. Pale sepia like my tablet screen for Kindle would be nice. Gallery is excellent - even my pics look good now!
Dave
Last Edited by dcweather on 30/11/2014 - 23:00

DrOrloff

Link Posted 04/12/2014 - 17:40
The text looks better. However, I see vast swathes of white on either side of the forum posts and the overall viewing experience is uncomfortably bright. The real disappoinment is that the photos seem smaller than before. The click through versions are 800pixels which is not large enough for images to be appreciated properly. Overall a backwards step for me as it stands.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

davidstorm

Link Posted 04/12/2014 - 21:01
DrOrloff wrote:
The real disappoinment is that the photos seem smaller than before. The click through versions are 800pixels which is not large enough for images to be appreciated properly. Overall a backwards step for me as it stands.

The Gallery images are much better Dr O, especially the 'large' view. They now retain their original colour, contrast and detail, downsizing notwithstanding.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

DrOrloff

Link Posted 04/12/2014 - 22:01
Yes, I posted one to see how it looks. I just don't like images on bright white.

I do emphasise that the font and post boxes look better. Although I don't get why they are so narrow.

However, the key to a photographic forum for me is all about displaying images. They are smaller than before. I can't for the life of me see how that can be considered better. I really don't get in in the slightest.
Last Edited by DrOrloff on 04/12/2014 - 22:13

Algernon

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 08:25
Simple! ... If you can't make it better! ..... Make it worse!

Ebay are good at that.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

davidburleson

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 09:26
Quote:
However, the key to a photographic forum for me is all about displaying images. They are smaller than before. I can't for the life of me see how that can be considered better. I really don't get in in the slightest.

You're right, the images are key. However, we've not changed the size of the photos in the gallery. Yes, they have been resized slightly smaller in the forums. In the next phase of developments, we will be working on make the site mobile device friendly and hopefully expand the width of the site to something larger for larger screens.
Having problems? We're here to help! Contact PU Support.
Last Edited by davidburleson on 05/12/2014 - 09:26

DrOrloff

Link Posted 05/12/2014 - 10:01
You haven't changed the size of images in the gallery. They are still too small - that's not progress. I hope I shan't be admonished again for mentioning a nameless or even just generic 'another forum' since it is with the intention of passing on user feedback. Users basically find it a real pleasure to be able to view images in screen filling sizes. If you were to print an image for display you wouldn't hang a piddly little thing on your wall so why not have the option for images to be viewed as the photographer intends.
Last Edited by DrOrloff on 05/12/2014 - 10:01

richandfleur

Link Posted 10/12/2014 - 21:40
A few comments,

When I view this site on an iPhone it's quite hard to read.

When I first load it, the forum sections are not particularly clear. The last post info on each section takes up 3 lines, to show a time, then the user and then the topic heading. Perhaps putting these on one line would tidy this up? Over to other users for comments on this, just pointing it out.

The Green notification highlights don't always show, which is weird and frustrating.
(Understandable in the screen captures I'll show below as I'm not logged in, but they don't show green on all pages for some reason, even when I haven't read the post yet)

Also, there is a big issue with the top menu bar.
When I pinch to zoom in , this gets truncated. See the attachment below, as the top right cuts off at 'Reviews', which means I can't get to any section further across than this.

Sorry if any of the above has been raised earlier, this post is now 8 pages long...

ugh, PNG files didn't load, converted to jpg:

Original view when first logged in:

Zoomed in to view details:

Banner problem in the top right

Last Edited by richandfleur on 10/12/2014 - 21:44

bjolester

Link Posted 18/12/2014 - 06:25
On my iPad images from the gallery and front page of pentaxuser seem to live their own anarchistic life. They are all over the place. Gallery images swap places, etc. Is this a Mac/Safari browser thing, or is there something wrong with the coding of the new web site design?
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr

andymat

Link Posted 18/12/2014 - 08:23
I had this on my iPad too. Personal avatar images were all swaped around. And random images were all over the place.

Talking to Dave Burleson, it is a problem with iOS when it upgrades from iOS7 to iOS8. It can be sorted by clearing the history and website data in Safari. (Settings>Safari>Clear history and website data).

Note though that if you have saved logins (using cookies) these will have to be re entered as they will also be lost.
Andy
Flickr
Website

bjolester

Link Posted 18/12/2014 - 19:55
andymat wrote:
I had this on my iPad too. Personal avatar images were all swaped around. And random images were all over the place.

Talking to Dave Burleson, it is a problem with iOS when it upgrades from iOS7 to iOS8. It can be sorted by clearing the history and website data in Safari. (Settings>Safari>Clear history and website data).

Note though that if you have saved logins (using cookies) these will have to be re entered as they will also be lost.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the iPad random-image-syndrom This evening I installed the latest iPad OS update (8.1.2), and deleted all history and website data in Safari, but the problem still persists. Quite annoying, but at the same time there is some fun in randomness once it is accepted as a feature
Bjørn

PPG
Flickr
Last Edited by bjolester on 18/12/2014 - 19:56

andymat

Link Posted 19/12/2014 - 08:27
Oh dear. Sorry it hasn't sorted your problem. It worked on my iPad and everything is in order now here so I am assuming it must be something on iOS. I'm on the 8.1.2 too.

I suppose there is a certain amount of exitement not knowing what each poster will be looking like today and looking for the content among the random images!!
Andy
Flickr
Website

Teaka53

Link Posted 19/12/2014 - 14:12
bjolester wrote:
On my iPad images from the gallery and front page of pentaxuser seem to live their own anarchistic life. They are all over the place. Gallery images swap places, etc. Is this a Mac/Safari browser thing, or is there something wrong with the coding of the new web site design?

I said the same from the release of the new site, images swap places quite often. Then there are the times I click on a thumbprint and some annoying little random icon image is displayed, if it click on it I am then presented with the (mostly) original image in large view. Only happens on my Ipad on the Mac no problems
Malc
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.