New Pentax User Redesign Screenshots

Chrism8

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 15:57
michaelblue wrote:
Get rid of the facebook and twitter links. I'm sick of being told to "Connect to facebook", "Like us on facebook" etc.

And me toooooooo
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

MattMatic

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 16:52
A bit too much white space for me

Most of the time I'd prefer a condensed thread view - without the frills of the user details, and Edit/Delete/etc.

I'm particularly interested how it looks on iPhone / iPad too...

Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

InFESTation

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 19:36
Sorry to be negative on it, but in the end very little imagination used, it appears as though it is the ephotozine with a font colour colour change (a long time in coming for so little change from the parent site), could have been a nice opportunity to freshen and make it different from other sites on the web.
Pint o' rough & a game o' darts anyone

doingthebobs

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 20:17
Sorry, but I prefer the way the site is now. I'm sure there are things that could improve the site but I don't think this is it!

Face-twit bit is just wasted space that could be used for something of interest. If you must have it, why at the top of the page? I don't think many here will find it of use and it is just making it harder to find the content we come for!

I find the gray background more comfortable than the white although I think the main problem is there is too much empty space. It will mean me having to scroll more to find stuff but I might just not!

I'm afraid it seems to me like it is an update that does not actually improve the site but just makes it harder to access the content.
Bob

Dodge69

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 20:44
Think it looks up to date at least, so a hearty well done. Why not just add a 'sign in' with facebook facility?
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!

davem

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 21:36
I agree with infestation and doingthebobs This seems like tinkering without moving forward.

Dave

davidstorm

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 22:26
It looks good to me at first glance; clean, clear and more modern looking. We will have to reserve final judgement until we have had the opportunity to use it in anger, but at the moment it is positive for me.

Regards
David
My Website http://imagesbydavidstorm.foliopic.com

Flickr

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

dcweather

Link Posted 17/10/2014 - 22:51
Looks ok to me. As long as it functions well, that's the main thing.

Gwyn

Link Posted 18/10/2014 - 02:54
Can I ask if you are also making a version for mobile phones, or maybe making it for Tapatalk too? The current site is horrible on my phone, which is all I have to access the site while travelling.

JonSchick

Link Posted 18/10/2014 - 11:27
Gwyn wrote:
Can I ask if you are also making a version for mobile phones, or maybe making it for Tapatalk too? The current site is horrible on my phone, which is all I have to access the site while travelling.

I agree - making the site easily accessible on mobile devices is essential nowadays and to have a design that only works well on computers and tablets is a bit out of date TBH. Hopefully this has been addressed?

alfpics

Link Posted 18/10/2014 - 11:40
JonSchick wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

I agree - making the site easily accessible on mobile devices is essential nowadays and to have a design that only works well on computers and tablets is a bit out of date TBH. Hopefully this has been addressed?

Is that why ePz is the way it is; ie mobile friendly as personally I don't like it on the desk-top, although can fully appreciate the need to be mobile friendly. On the desk-top now, a lot of un-necessary scrolling seems to be needed to find info on it and many other sites.

A thought; is there a way for a host site to recognise whether it is a desk-top or mobile device that is trying to access it and provide two layouts?
Andy

McGregNi

Link Posted 18/10/2014 - 13:48
Smartphone browsers can be configured to default to a sites desktop or mobile versions, but of course both options have to be up and available on the web simultaneously.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Gwyn

Link Posted 18/10/2014 - 16:05
Other websites and forums I visit have a separate mobile phone format, usually indicated by an m. in the URL. The normal website is unaffected by the mobile version and on a mobile it is normally possible to view either.
The format tends to be much simpler for a mobile device.
This forum is hard to view on a phone, and it is hard to post from a phone too.

Stridey

Link Posted 18/10/2014 - 18:00
First impressions - looks good.

Regards
Nigel
Best regards
Nigel

www.nigelstridephotography.co.uk

Hardgravity

Link Posted 18/10/2014 - 21:42
michaelblue wrote:
Get rid of the facebook and twitter links. I'm sick of being told to "Connect to facebook", "Like us on facebook" etc.

I appreciate that there's a lot of social media users out there but I aint one of 'em,

so, nice clear site, as Gwyn says, it needs to be clear on a mobile device EG phone. White space? not a problem as long as the content is clear.

As long as a certain thread is still avialable and not ended...

All in, no colour changes, clear text, easy on the eye, no problem for me, go for it guys.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Last Edited by Hardgravity on 18/10/2014 - 21:42
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.