New Pentax dslr announced

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 09:32
richandfleur wrote:
Is this body confirmed WR yet?

And with sensor stabilisation?

WR has been mentioned but I have seen nothing confirmed, there is an SR badge on that prototype, so I think you are safe there!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 09:33

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 09:41
richandfleur wrote:
Can't you opt to fix or float the ISO in most modes though anyway?

Fully articulated screen gets my vote. Had one on a canon bridge camera nearly 10 years ago and it was great then.

My cheap £40 cell phone has wifi and gps.
Seriously don't think these things add as much cost as people want to make out.
The phone has a capacitive lcd touchscreen also for what it's worth...

Screen could be good, will be looking at this one closely for my second body and may skip any next gen K3 if there even is one? I love my K3 to bits, for me it's near perfect but if I can have wifi and a tilt screen in built, I can see me putting that to a lot of use, sensor dependant of course...
They will only mess with the K3, in the Mk II and just add more Blah in any case, there due an advanced body F@#* up and I see this one limping towards me as I speak... (Joke alert!)
Had the Sony A77 and the GPS sucked the battery down by about an extra third during a days shooting, the Fuji X-T1 I had would last for 120 shots with wifi turned on and about half a days shooting (200+) when it wasn't, both wifi and GPS seem to consume more battery in camera than they really ought to, To get the same battey life as the K3 I had to go into the field, for the weekend with an X-T1 and five batteries to the K3's one, the cost of basically shooting in live view 100% of the time, at least with an OVF Pentax you get a choice here...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 09:43

richandfleur

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 09:56
Why would you have wifi on the whole time?

Even gps should be able to be switched on or off on demand. ( I personally want gps as a killer feature as it's likely a gateway for free astrotracing for all).

Can't wait for some more info on this camera. The body has shades of the ks-1 which wasn't wr, but then again the k-500 looked like the k-50.

michaelblue

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 10:47
"Fully articulating LCD"

link
Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 11:16
richandfleur wrote:
Why would you have wifi on the whole time?

Even gps should be able to be switched on or off on demand. ( I personally want gps as a killer feature as it's likely a gateway for free astrotracing for all).

Can't wait for some more info on this camera. The body has shades of the ks-1 which wasn't wr, but then again the k-500 looked like the k-50.

It's easier to leave the GPS on in my business, I get about a bit when I am hiking and you would not believe the emails I get when I put up a piccie on my site saying it was taken at point A and I get a dozen emails saying it was taken at point B which in a small place like the UK Lake district is only about 50m away!
On my panaramio account I get suggestions for re-naming shots all the time because the location is about ten yards off, so they think, so I geo-tag every one to shut the pedantic buggers up!

With Wifi on and you set up a connect in the field and are obviously shooting live view (Fuji X-T1) via a tablet or smart phone, then transferring back to the aforementioned, the battery can drain in as little as half an hr!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 11:37

SteveLedger

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 11:39
richandfleur wrote:
Is this body confirmed WR yet?

Both lenses in the photos are WR, so I'd take a guess that the body is WR too.

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 12:47

Richard, I think it swivels like this un here, knowing the Asian Photographic industry very exactly!
The Pentax will however be properly sealed...

Apologies for the pic, just for reference!
I feel soiled just for downloading it!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 12:49

McBrian

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 13:19
Although a lot smaller, the 750Z has a fully articulating screen in 2004.

Cracking little camera, had an OVF too!!
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 13:46
McBrian wrote:
Although a lot smaller, the 750Z has a fully articulating screen in 2004.

Cracking little camera, had an OVF too!!

Good catch, should have used that un as a way to appease the Pentax Police

Love this from the updated Spec:
Decorative LED rings (toned down compared to the K-S1
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 13:49

widezu69

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 14:04
Anyone seen a pic of the back of the camera yet?

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 14:22
widezu69 wrote:
Anyone seen a pic of the back of the camera yet?

Not yet but it's in a glass case and just a "Reference Product" So I can't see it coming out of there this week either but you never know?
Probably for the Japanese CP+ show in Febuary though?

Pentax Nomenclature, never sure, on the lens front, DA L= DA Light? As opposed to D AL which means it's aspherical? So it's likely got a plastic mount then? That kind of spoils the party for me a bit...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 14:49

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 14:43
This is all very interesting and encouraging! An 18-50, weather sealed, retractable, DC kit lens sounds extremely useful! would never have seen that one coming.

And finally an articulated screen! Wifi! *faints*
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Last Edited by Pentaxophile on 07/01/2015 - 14:45

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 14:45
Pentaxophile wrote:
This is all very interesting and encouraging! An 18-50, weather sealed, retractable, DC kit lens sounds extremely useful! would never have seen that one coming.

Would go lovely on the K-S1 and should have from release!
They arn't very good at the joined up stuff are they?
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 14:46

jules

Link Posted 09/01/2015 - 05:46
Love the branding!
Ricoh are learning!
K3 is now unique too!
Looking good at the rear...erm...
I don't normally go for colours but... I will buy pretty much anything with orange in it, other half is about to be very unhappy I suspect!

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 09/01/2015 - 06:12

SteveLedger

Link Posted 09/01/2015 - 07:48
Based on styling alone, I'm guessing this could be a massive success for Pentax. Newcomers wanting to get into serious DSLR photography not wanting that looks like their grandfathers DSLR or looks like a hairdressers camera. It's a good blend that has something for all age brackets imho.

Next step is a new mirroless model..
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.