By Scott Burnham @snaptphoto

Kit lens is SMC! DC and WR...
Sv?
WiFi
A HDR (Auto HDR?)

Oh that's good Jules, thanks!

That's a big as$ wifi button?!

Sticky tape over the model number

Is that something else on the on/off switch? Looks like maybe a video mode select there maybe? Hard to see on the angle.

It has scene modes on the dial, that was Nigels point of difference between basic and serious models from memory.

Sv is quite weird, will be interesting to see what that's all about.

The body seems very small when shown in this shot. I guess KS-1 ish? I haven't tried the KS-1 but a few comments seemed to say it wasn't particularly comfortable? What do people think about this?
Last Edited by richandfleur on 06/01/2015 - 23:01

richandfleur

Link Posted 06/01/2015 - 23:05
jules wrote:
SV Doh, should have looked at my K3!

Care to share?

I don't have a K3

judderman62

Link Posted 06/01/2015 - 23:38
SV = shutter value surely ?

friend of mine got a KS-1 and he loves it and says he's got some cracking shots form it
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

widezu69

Link Posted 06/01/2015 - 23:42
On the dial, Sv is sensitivity priority and Tv is shutter priority with Av being aperture priority.

StephenHampshire

Link Posted 06/01/2015 - 23:42
Sv is sensitivity priority, surely - Tv is Shutter speed (Time) priority
AF-C/AF-S selected by menu presumably
Everything Changes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arleimages/

judderman62

Link Posted 06/01/2015 - 23:46
ah right ... right you are
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

richandfleur

Link Posted 06/01/2015 - 23:58
widezu69 wrote:
On the dial, Sv is sensitivity priority and Tv is shutter priority with Av being aperture priority.

Huh, that's auto mode for shutter and aperture and you select a specific ISO?

Isn't that just Auto, or P mode with a specific fixed ISO selected?

Sorry, I feel I'm missing something here.

I'm actually cracking up here as it's on my K-30 also and I've never 'seen' it before.

I think I'm against options that overlap on the mode dial. Like you can be in Manual mode, but you get the option to select an ISO range, which effectively puts you in TAv mode. In my opinion that shouldn't be allowed if they are going to have different mode dial options for these situations for example.

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 05:14

© Scott Burnham

Two dials..

The hood on that 18-50 is soo cute!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 06:44

richandfleur

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 07:23
Does that screen tilt though?

Kinda the million dollar question for me.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 07:27
A DC, WR, collapsible kit lens - nice. I'll be very interested in that one. Good to see SMC isn't dead yet, though maybe they're keeping it around as the "lower quality" option for cheaper lenses, which seems a shame given SMC's proud history. I'm sorry to see it's a DAL though, and that the filter thread is a massive 58mm. That's a funky square hood at the back left - good for keeping the kit size down.

The wifi button suggests the FluCard is dead though, which is probably a good thing for functionality but bad as it will drive up the cost of the camera bodies and some people won't want or use it.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Last Edited by Jonathan-Mac on 07/01/2015 - 07:30

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 07:43
richandfleur wrote:
Does that screen tilt though?

Kinda the million dollar question for me.

Lead to believe it does, it rotates around in that protusion you can see next to the screen, there is a metal rod from there to the screen that has all the wiring in it lettting it swivel, not an engineer, so can't describe it any better than that
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 07:44

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 07:46
richandfleur wrote:
widezu69 wrote:

Huh, that's auto mode for shutter and aperture and you select a specific ISO?

Isn't that just Auto, or P mode with a specific fixed ISO selected?

Sorry, I feel I'm missing something here.

I'm actually cracking up here as it's on my K-30 also and I've never 'seen' it before.
I think I'm against options that overlap on the mode dial. Like you can be in Manual mode, but you get the option to select an ISO range, which effectively puts you in TAv mode. In my opinion that shouldn't be allowed if they are going to have different mode dial options for these situations for example.

Basically with Pentax you get the chance of choosing whether you make Shutter speed ISO or Aperture the priority, pretty cool really for people like me who live at F11 ISO 100 and on a tripod cause the light is so crap!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 07:46

richandfleur

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 08:29
Can't you opt to fix or float the ISO in most modes though anyway?

Fully articulated screen gets my vote. Had one on a canon bridge camera nearly 10 years ago and it was great then.

My cheap £40 cell phone has wifi and gps.
Seriously don't think these things add as much cost as people want to make out.
The phone has a capacitive lcd touchscreen also for what it's worth...

richandfleur

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 08:33
Is this body confirmed WR yet?

And with sensor stabilisation?

jules

Link Posted 07/01/2015 - 08:33
Also I have heard from the well known "Asahi Man" this A.M.
He thinks from now on all budget lenses will be DC, and no more screw drive only at all, basically like everyone else allowing them to, save a little bit of cash in manufacturing, of both lenses and lower end bodies, had to come really?
Star Glass, if thats still the name, will still be dual drive but no word on whether it will be SDM or DC...

SMC does now seem to be the nom de plume for standard glass, bit sad that really, HD for higher end and SMC for lower, they have the coating tech so they may as well use it I guess...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 07/01/2015 - 08:42
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.