New K3 image - interesting!

jules

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 05:02
Conqueror wrote:
Talk of a 55-300mm WR lens with HD coating over at the US forum... Not sure if release will be close to K-3 though

Sounds like a good idea

There's a piccie...

Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 06/10/2013 - 05:04

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 10:23
Great idea! Now if it was DC as well that would be sweet, but still a great move. Makes so much sense to make this a WR lens.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

womble

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 10:46
I have been reading variations on this thread ever since I joined the forum five years ago. K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

DrOrloff

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 12:10
Mike-P wrote:
DrOrloff wrote:

Every chance, I reckon Pentax has very good engineers who have been previously wrongly focused. It's a toughie but it absolutely depends on innovation. In the tech world a lack of constant, rapid innovation means a very prompt demise (Nokia, Blackberry).

I thought Hoya got rid of the decent Pentax engineers .. I know the best of the lens staff were let go.

I believe Nokia are on their way up again now, in part due to the cameras they are putting in the phones. Strange how these things work out.

Maybe that's why the lenses have only had a change of clothes.

Nokia managed to lose about 95% of what it was worth. The future of Nokia depends on Microsoft, the future of MS could prove interesting too. it could easily go either way. Microsoft, Apple, Adobe .......... I wouldn't count on seeing those companies around forever. In fact it's pretty unlikely.

But I feel that the Pentax K3 is yet to play its trump card. I think it will be a barnstormer.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

giofi

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 12:25
DrOrloff wrote:
Nokia managed to lose about 95% of what it was worth. The future of Nokia depends on Microsoft, the future of MS could prove interesting too. it could easily go either way. Microsoft, Apple, Adobe .......... I wouldn't count on seeing those companies around forever. In fact it's pretty unlikely.

This is OT.... but I would say that the future of Nokia was dependant on MS. Now the future of Lumia phones is dependant on MS (which cannot use the Nokia brand on those phone BTW....). Nokia is now out of the mobile phone business for the time being, but it is in a much better shape, so much that their shares shot up over 100% since the MS deal was announced.....
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery

Conqueror

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 12:30
If Pentax brought out FF would everyone chill out? I'm not sure they would. There would still be grumbles.

As for Adobe, they are in trouble with this security breach (only 2.9m accounts compromised). I know Red Hat has dropped them from their official repositories too.

Microsoft that's a ship in trouble too. Especially if some of their strong markets come under more pressure like Gaming. Which could happen if this steambox thing is realised.

MS just wanted Nokia to cannibalise the hardware and try to give them a foothold.

Now time to extol the virtues of Linux/open source
K-3ii
Last Edited by Conqueror on 06/10/2013 - 12:31

cabstar

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 12:31
Why is Nokia out if the phone business? It still exists as a company just been acquired by ms. Nokia is still the worlds second largest manufacture of mobile phones behind Samsung. It may lag in smartphone sales but normal mobiles its still king.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

cabstar

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 12:32
I do wish eyefi would bring out an app for wp8 so i could use it with my k-5
Concert photography

giofi

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 13:09
cabstar wrote:
Why is Nokia out if the phone business? It still exists as a company just been acquired by ms. Nokia is still the worlds second largest manufacture of mobile phones behind Samsung. It may lag in smartphone sales but normal mobiles its still king.

No, that is not the case. MS acquired Nokia's mobile phone business + licence to use Nokia's patents. As said, MS will not be allowed to use the Nokia brand in the smart phones business. Nokia retains its networks business, its map business and their patents. And interestingly, they are banned from entering the smart phone business only for 2 years....
Giorgio

Pentax Photo Gallery
Last Edited by giofi on 06/10/2013 - 13:11

cabstar

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 14:07
well according to this Nokia is concentrating on patent licencing maps and here. Why would MS buy Nokia if they couldnt use the nokia name on a device, if they have bought the devices division then they own the brand name too surely???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23940171
Concert photography

Epithet Man

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 14:07
All this talk of a K3 has prompted me to do my tax return so that I can claim the rebate that I think I'm owed. Should be quite an upgrade from the K10D...

EM

cabstar

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 14:48
More specs update

http://digicame-info.com/2013/10/k-3-7.html

- 24 million pixel APS-C sensor,
- Low-pass filter effect based on SR system actuation (The effect selectable: strong, weak, OFF)
- Astro tracer support(?)
- New AF unit SAFOX11. -3EV Supports. AF to take advantage of the color information of the photometric sensor
- the focus point of the AF three points (25 cross point), center point 27 on the light of the corresponding F2.8
- The continuous shooting 8.3 frames / second
- Media SD card (SDXC , UHS-I compatible), dual slot
- can save in RAW format HDR
- newly developed viewfinder, redesigned optical system -. 100% field of view, 0.95x magnification
- body adopts a magnesium alloy up and down and back and forth. Dustproof drip-proof. Cold performance of -10 ° C.
- 200 000 cycle shutter durability
- can work with smart phone i
- battery grip D-BG5

Read more at: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238873-pentax-k-3-specific...
Concert photography

cabstar

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 14:49
200,000 cycle shutter WOW!
Concert photography

cabstar

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 15:39
The new processor looks impressive too

http://jp.fujitsu.com/group/fsl/en/release/20130904-1.html

Maximum image processing speed equivalent to12fps at 24M pixels
Concert photography

jules

Link Posted 06/10/2013 - 16:26
cabstar wrote:
More specs update

http://digicame-info.com/2013/10/k-3-7.html

- 24 million pixel APS-C sensor,
- Low-pass filter effect based on SR system actuation (The effect selectable: strong, weak, OFF)
- Astro tracer support(?)
- New AF unit SAFOX11. -3EV Supports. AF to take advantage of the color information of the photometric sensor
- the focus point of the AF three points (25 cross point), center point 27 on the light of the corresponding F2.8
- The continuous shooting 8.3 frames / second
- Media SD card (SDXC , UHS-I compatible), dual slot
- can save in RAW format HDR
- newly developed viewfinder, redesigned optical system -. 100% field of view, 0.95x magnification
- body adopts a magnesium alloy up and down and back and forth. Dustproof drip-proof. Cold performance of -10 ° C.
- 200 000 cycle shutter durability
- can work with smart phone i
- battery grip D-BG5

Read more at: http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238873-pentax-k-3-specific...

Perfect, this is the Milbeaut I've been on about...
One of the benefits is the power to allow processing of HDR RAW

http://jp.fujitsu.com/group/fsl/en/release/20130904-1.html

Get back on your chair Mike P

Git yer Canon's Ere, Cheap Canons Ere!!!
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 06/10/2013 - 16:27
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.