New K3 image - interesting!

Pentaxonian

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 16:04
"Your right it does look like a small joystick"

I think it's for choosing focusing points ..

What's the button next to Play on the Top left?
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
Last Edited by Pentaxonian on 05/10/2013 - 16:05

cabstar

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 16:11
Pentaxonian wrote:

What's the button next to Play on the Top left?

Thats te delete and exposure setting button which has replaced the switch on the mode dial which looks to be missing.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

cabstar

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 16:12
Just had another look and the exposure switch is still there yet it has the exposure logo hmmmm
Concert photography

stephenparfitt

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 17:25
Anyone hazard a guess at a price?

Mike-P

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 17:33
stephenparfitt wrote:
Anyone hazard a guess at a price?

£1200 ... total guess mind.

£1600 bundled with the 18-135mm ?
. My Flickr

michaelblue

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:06
Reading through this thread, it seens the 'moaners' can't wait to start criticising a new camera before they've even seen/handled it.

"You can please some of the people all the time, you can please all the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time"

Regards,
Michael
My new website:link

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:08
I'm a little disappointed. The pandering to video doesn't sit well with me, and the ricoh logo, and a big bloody hump for what? GPS? Nope a bloody headphone socket

cabstar

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:09
£1200 is ridiculous for an sps-c it needs to be under a £1000 maybe even £900 anymore and your well into full frame territory..
Concert photography

Mike-P

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:17
cabstar wrote:
£1200 is ridiculous for an sps-c it needs to be under a £1000 maybe even £900 anymore and your well into full frame territory..

I'm just going on the original K-5 price and adding a bit for good measure

To my way of thinking the new camera is basically my Canon 7D with a better sensor and an extra card slot so it should be selling for around a grand.

Full frame territory maybe but the cameras you are referring to are lacking the bits I want such as AF speed/points and decent tracking ability.
. My Flickr

Smeggypants

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:29
DrOrloff wrote:
cabstar wrote:
Well it seems to have everything weve been asking for except ff

Disapointed it needs a new grip bg5

The only thing I've asked for is a step up in iso performance, high and low. I would be surprised given the extra pixels but that would be the Nikon killer for me, otherwise it seems pretty much on a par with the D7100. So here's hoping Pentax have something up their sleeves. I don't really know what most of the buttons or menu options on my K5 are for, so I've little hope with even more buttons.

me too, plus GPS.

If it's got GPS and an increase in dynamic range equal to the increase from K-20D to K-5 then I'll be hankering, otherwise a little underwhelmed so far.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

cabstar

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:37
Mike-P wrote:
cabstar wrote:

I'm just going on the original K-5 price and adding a bit for good measure

To my way of thinking the new camera is basically my Canon 7D with a better sensor and an extra card slot so it should be selling for around a grand.

Full frame territory maybe but the cameras you are referring to are lacking the bits I want such as AF speed/points and decent tracking ability.

True, but how many aps c bodies have launched this year with a price over a £1000?? I think Ricoh need to get competitive with this from the outset
Concert photography

Pentaxonian

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:37
I'll rather have WiFi or NFC with bluetooth than GPS (which is a battery drain)
K5iis and a couple of lenses.

cedricd

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 18:42
Ricoh Pentax need to produce not just for "Pentax Forumers" but to supply and fulfill the requirements of the rest of the populace. If other makers have video capabilities then so must Pentax. If not, there`s a whole bunch of prospective DSLR buyers that will bypass the brand and choose something else. I`m guilty of this in buying a camera with NFC and wireless connectivity because that`s what I, as a customer needed and Pentax don`t have this facility on anything. I`ve been a Pentax owner since the early 80`s but if they don`t make what I want then I shop around for it. They will have done market research before investing in design and production they will survive or fail in selling volume numbers.
Enjoy life

Conqueror

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 19:00
What I'd like to see though I'm still not sure I'd buy because of price (may end up hunting a K-5 or K-5iis) is:

-built in astrotracer (might be pushing it there )
-slight DR and ISO perf improvement if possible
-quiet shutter
-duals cards would be a bonus

can't think of anything else.. I suspect I would be pretty satisfied by a K-5iis to be honest.. I'm not sure I would max that out so to speak
K-3ii

jules

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 19:01
Smeggypants wrote:
DrOrloff wrote:
Quote:
Well it seems to have everything weve been asking for except ff

Disapointed it needs a new grip bg5

The only thing I've asked for is a step up in iso performance, high and low. I would be surprised given the extra pixels but that would be the Nikon killer for me, otherwise it seems pretty much on a par with the D7100. So here's hoping Pentax have something up their sleeves. I don't really know what most of the buttons or menu options on my K5 are for, so I've little hope with even more buttons.

me too, plus GPS.

If it's got GPS and an increase in dynamic range equal to the increase from K-20D to K-5 then I'll be hankering, otherwise a little underwhelmed so far.

Yet to see a 24Mp sensor with the same Dynamics as the K5's... yet.
Even my D600 struggled to match the K5's lack of highlight clipping, I've owned a Sony A77 and Nex7 and also had an extended trial of a D7100, I'm still not convinced by 24Mp APSC Sensors, if this sensor is a Sony which by all accounts it is, it's a fairly new one so there is some hope of equalling the K5 here...
The sensor in all the K5's seemed to hit some kind of sweet spot regarding dynamic range and lack of diffraction across a range of lenses both Nikon and Pentax (Yes I owned a D7000 too!).

I'd like GPS too but only because I get a lot of interest in my Pictures thru Google earth and Panaramio, so it will probably make the exact mapping somewhat easier. It really eat the battery on my A77 though...
Can't decide if the new grip is different to the current one or not? Maybe it's only different in that as we have discussed before it adds more functionality?
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 05/10/2013 - 19:05
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.