New K3 image - interesting!

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 08:29
Think i will check prices for return ticket to watford

DrOrloff

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 09:36
Seems like that the video functions have been dragged into the modern world. The video capabilities have clearly been emphasised and the 'HD' lenses now make sense in terms of market positioning, HD being associated with the moxing image.

Some functionality there that is irrelevant to me (eg: headphone socket) as I never use video, so I hope Ricoh have brought their ethos of customisation to this. For example it would be interesting to be able to reprogram the video/stills lever to turn shake reduction on/off which is the only thing I miss from the K20.

A welcome move commercially for the brand nonetheless.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

jules

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 10:39
Don wrote:
jules wrote:

http://digicame-info.com/2013/10/k-3-5.html

Translation:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fdigica...

The Thick Plottens...

P.S. I'm going to make my fortune producing little sticky plates to cover that "Ricoh" up with a PENTAX logo!

must have.... must have! must have!! WANT WANT! WANT!!!

Me too but I think the buttons on the back of the camera look a little cluttered, however actual handling may be very intuitive, will have to wait till they hit the shops to see.
They don't seem to have mucked about with overall design too much, which I like. Though judging by the plethora of new buttons festooning the thing, they've put a lot of new technology in there and a lot of thought into what is in reality a total re-design...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 05/10/2013 - 10:43

Mike-P

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 10:50
Bottom right button, is that for choosing which card to write to?

HaI hate viewing pics on a mobile phone.
. My Flickr

JohnX

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 10:57
And the little switch to the right side of the viewfinder? Just a dioptre adjuster or viewfinder 'blind'? Have one on my old Minolta XD7 - perfect for tripod work/long exposures.

BrianL

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:01
When will we see stock? My K-7 is feeling lonely!
Brian

jules

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:06
Mike-P wrote:

HaI hate viewing pics on a mobile phone.

Well the little green markings are SD card shaped, so it looks like two slots! So twice the fun getting them in and out eh?
Hate to say this to my lovely K5IIs but this beastie looks like everything I ever wanted in a Camera, if the specs are to be believed. Newer sensor form sony apparantly than the A77 one which I owned for two months and the noise was awful so that can only be good too. Indeed it does look like they are dragging video into the serious, great for those who shoot it (Not me) but it also seems to bring other stuff along with it so applause there too...

I'll get one but will have to wait about six months to see if the other half still has a job next year and my own sales pick up, can't see this helping my OCD any...
At least it'll give time for it to get over sensor stains, mirror flop and buttons falling off before I get mine..

I'd love to view pics on my mobile but I lost the damn thing last night!
Must admit I hate em and so feel quite liberated at the moment!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
Last Edited by jules on 05/10/2013 - 11:30

JohnX

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:07
Mike-P wrote:

You could be right there Mike.

Also, be nice if they've kept the body so that the K5 accessories will still fit ok, especially the battery grip.

Always has annoyed me that a model change also required a refresh of accessories. I know 'they' want to sell more kit, but 'they' also irk the user in the process.

Mike-P

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:11
Trying to see how many af points there are through the viewfinder but no luck.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 05/10/2013 - 11:12

jules

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:18
http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/

Scroll down the page...

You never know?

gregmoll

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:23
Has there been any mention of Live View focus peaking, I need this desperately.
Greg

jules

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:27
gregmoll wrote:
Has there been any mention of Live View focus peaking, I need this desperately.
Greg

From what I hear, it has peaking too...
Dunno if it's in live view as well though...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Last Edited by jules on 05/10/2013 - 11:33

jules

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:46
http://www.flickr.com/photos/l-camera/sets/72157636201872393/

Check out this lot too!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

pgweber

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:55

The page linked-to is 'Private'
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm

jules

Link Posted 05/10/2013 - 11:59
pgweber wrote:

The page linked-to is 'Private'

THEN DON'T LOOK!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.