New K-7 Firmware

Mike-P

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 07:02
LINK

Downloads : Firmware Update

Thank you for using a PENTAX K-7 digital camera.
PENTAX wishes to announce the release of Firmware Update Software Version 1.10 for K-7.
Firmware in this document is the software that runs inside digital cameras.
Changes to V1.10

* Added Movie editing function on playback mode palette. You can divide a movie into multiple segments and erase unwanted segments from the movie. How to operate the function, Click Here.
* Added Electronic Level indication on the Monitor
* When Mode dial is set M or X and Electronic Level is set to display, exposure meter is indicated both of them in the LCD panel and in the Viewfinder
* Added [Reversal Film] mode on Custom Image function [PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4] have been updated. For update software, Click Here
* When using Live View, auto focus activate by pressing shutter release button halfway. Also improved focus speed

*Contents of [Version 1.01 ~1.03] will be also updated.

Off to work now so will have a look when I return.
. My Flickr

dougf8

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 07:49
Thanks Mike.

Charge your batteries folks.
Read the instructions too.
Lurking is shirking.!
Last Edited by dougf8 on 28/07/2010 - 07:49

GDN

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 08:04
Cheers Mike...
Gary

Pentax K3

My Flickr

techno-terminator

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 08:44
hmmm - suppose we will also have to watch now for an update for the K-xs

Memo - check for new batteries - no problem

check for a new Card - yup have a split new unused one

let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Galoot

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 09:13
The 'PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4' has also been updated to version 4.21.
link

alfpics

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 09:15
Thanks for the link Mike - will have a play later
Andy
Andy

Mike-P

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 13:29
Well AF when using Liveview is much faster (not that I ever use it)
. My Flickr

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 14:15
Sounds like an extremely worthwhile upgrade. Movie editing in camera sounds good, as does the LV AF improvement

Now I want a K-7 even more.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

mike3legs

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 19:18
Here's hoping that there will be an improvement to AF speed with the SDM lenses.

Though probably not.

Apart from that it sounds great.

pentaxanne

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 21:39
I think low light af speed is better, also using the built in flash seems better to me, and iso seems better in jpeg i would say.
cheers mike well spotted.
Last Edited by pentaxanne on 28/07/2010 - 21:42

Mike-P

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 21:43
Press the info button twice when in shoot mode.

Funky LCD horizon graphics

Probably all in my mind but the AF on my 60-250mm seems faster .. although it certainly couldn't be slower thats for sure.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 28/07/2010 - 21:44

amoringello

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 22:35
How odd. Last night out of the blue for some reason, I thought I should check for an updated firmware, but nothing. Guess I just a little bit too early.

Haven't noticed any improvements myself.

The horizon meter is funky! I like that. Much easier to see whats going on. Wish that could be overlayed in live view. More than that, I wish it operated that way when horizon level was otherwise turned off. I hate having the level replace the EV adjust displays.

Hmmm, does automatic horizon adjust work for anyone now? I know it had in the past but now it does not seem to work. Thought I'd give it another go, now that the meter is so specific about telling you when the tilt is beyond its fixable range by turning red. (even half way there no adjustment)
Did the firmware break something? Not that i care, never use it in real life.
Last Edited by amoringello on 28/07/2010 - 22:38

scotjames

Link Posted 28/07/2010 - 22:45
Just tried a test with the new firmware and horizon correction both on and off and still working perfectly for me. Haven't tried it in Live View mode but can't imagine that would make a difference, plus I never really use this mode anyway.
---
Visit me on Flickr

iceblinker

Link Posted 29/07/2010 - 10:40
Note that Horizon Correction can only correct up to a certain point of tilt. Beyond that, it doesn't work. That was true before the firmware update as well.

- - - - - -

I'm always amused by the theories of undocumented (secret extra) improvements in firmwares. Some could be true, perhaps, but I suspect 99% of them are purely in the imagination of the users. The placebo effect is a powerful thing!
~Pete
Last Edited by iceblinker on 29/07/2010 - 10:41

pentaxian450

Link Posted 29/07/2010 - 14:02
I upgraded the firmware, and now the e-dial that control the shutter speed (front e-dial) on my K-7 doesn't work anymore. If I take the shutter speed up to or faster than 1/4000 of a sec., it wont come down below 1/5000. But the front e-dial on the grip does work properly. Now, I'm really pissed off.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.