New DFA 50mm f1.4

kh1234567890

Link Posted 30/06/2018 - 09:49
What is manual focus like on this beast ?

Since Pentax PDAF sensors are f2.8ish on a good day, no matter how quiet and powerful etc the focus motors are, surely it won't auto focus well at f1.4 on any existing Pentax body ?
Flickr Stream

pschlute

Link Posted 30/06/2018 - 10:23
kh1234567890 wrote:
What is manual focus like on this beast ?

Since Pentax PDAF sensors are f2.8ish on a good day, no matter how quiet and powerful etc the focus motors are, surely it won't auto focus well at f1.4 on any existing Pentax body ?

Don't know until we get our hands on one It has a large focus ring however and given the weight of the lens I think it should manually focus just fine. Someone may let you know in a few weeks.

i don't have problems using AF with the FA 50mm 1.4 or the FA* 85mm 1.4. Why would this be different ?

Focus-shift may be an issue, but that is a potential problem with any fast lens.
Peter

My Flickr page

Mike-P

Link Posted 05/07/2018 - 13:29
I remember not long ago People from Europe buying lenses from SRS because of their silly prices and the strong Euro value. Today someone on the other Pentax forum posted a link to FOTOLOOMAN who are advertising the new 50mm for 1099 Euro with a 5 year European warranty (approx £1000).

I purchased my 150-450mm from them when it first came out and can thoroughly recommend them if someone was looking to buy this lens. (I must admit I am tempted but A. I am not spending any more money on Pentax until they bring out a new crop body with decent AF and B. I tend to use zoom lenses rather than primes and I can't think of the last time I used my FA 50mm f/1.7)
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

smudge

Link Posted 05/07/2018 - 15:31
In the UK we seem to have got locked in to a cycle of yo-yo pricing, particularly since the adoption of Black Friday. The euro price is tempting but the lens may well be available in the UK for, say, £899 when the next round of promotions comes on stream.
Regards, Philip
Last Edited by smudge on 05/07/2018 - 15:32

Algernon

Link Posted 06/07/2018 - 10:47
These are the best digital shots, I've ever seen especially the B&W's which I don't normally like

Be careful you don't buy TWO!!!

Bottom of page...
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/lMGt0koxY0MXXlh0YjVgVw

When the noon of the full frame has passed away, after many years of knives, it is uncompromisingly revealed. It presses the sword of the group and tells the world .... I stand up!

Google_Translate

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 06/07/2018 - 10:56

RobL

Link Posted 06/07/2018 - 12:58
Pentax-Leica? What’s that about?

Algernon

Link Posted 06/07/2018 - 16:08
RobL wrote:
Pentax-Leica? What’s that about?

No idea possibly changed his mind about the article due to how big it was becoming when he received additional information about MTF tests etc.

It's great that this is being released before the Tokina Opera
--

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 06/07/2018 - 16:08

robbiec

Link Posted 06/07/2018 - 23:14
I've seen a few references about the interweb, originally comparing the K-5 and the 5 stack of DA Limiteds as being a Leicaesque experience but much cheaper. More recently on DPR at least one comment was posted as saying the new DFA*50 is actually going after the Leica Summilux 50/1.4 in terms of rendering at f/1.4 but again much cheaper.
My Gallery

Mike-P

Link Posted 19/07/2018 - 15:42
"borrowed" from the other Pentax site, posted on Twitter ... delivery for just one retailer (yaotomicamera) in Japan apparently.

No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

Algernon

Link Posted 19/07/2018 - 16:24
They look like Seconds or forgeries to me

What's the box of matches for

---

Algi

johnriley

Link Posted 19/07/2018 - 16:34
It would be fascinating to know how many are being made, but we never will. Just to populate all the countries and dealers must take a huge number to start with, plus the initial sales interest.

I'm not greedy though, just one will do.
Best regards, John

Algernon

Link Posted 19/07/2018 - 18:46
At least one customer in Japan has already taken delivery

--

Algi

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 19/07/2018 - 21:03
Cambrian in Colwyn Bay has a copy, tempted but as I have a F 1.7 FA 1.4 and AF-S G 1.4 Nikkor - all of which I seldom use............
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

LennyBloke

Link Posted 20/07/2018 - 12:46
ilovesaabs wrote:
Cambrian in Colwyn Bay has a copy, tempted but as I have a F 1.7 FA 1.4 and AF-S G 1.4 Nikkor - all of which I seldom use............

I wasn't expecting any in the UK until next week
LennyBloke

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 20/07/2018 - 13:42
It'll be the one we played with last week.

The reps had samples delivered to them to show dealers.

First 'retail' stocks are due to the UK next week...
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook
Last Edited by Chris@SRSWATFORD on 20/07/2018 - 13:45
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.