New DFA 50mm f1.4

robbiec

Link Posted 28/06/2018 - 09:24
Just off the phone with SRS, 2 to 3 weeks. No pricing mentioned but it was mentioned that there is a lot of interest.
My Gallery

RobL

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 07:22
Now available to pre-order at SRS Microsystems.

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 08:16
SRS now have the 50/1.4 on pre-order - 1200
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Irek

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 08:21
price say everything, now we needs some 35mm star lens.
Pentax ME-F, MZ-3, K-1
Pentax D-FA 24-70mm F2.8, FA 31mm F1.8 Ltd, FA 43mm F1.9 Ltd, FA 77mm F1.8 Ltd, Sigma 100-300 F4 + TC 1.4x, AF 540 FGZ
Hitech-Formatt 10% off all filters code - CIEJ10

RobL

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 08:37
Optically, how do * lenses compare with Limited lenses? I am still drawn to those.

smudge

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 09:11
RobL wrote:
Optically, how do * lenses compare with Limited lenses? I am still drawn to those.

I am interested to see a comparative review of the new lens with the FA 43mm. We can be confident that it will be a big improvement on the existing FA 50mm 1.4 but how much better can it be than the FA 43mm, which is a high quality lens that is much smaller, lighter (and cheaper)? It will have to be something really special to justify trading up.
Regards, Philip

johnriley

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 09:16
I reviewed all three FA Limited lenses for EPZ, unfortunately not on the latest high resolution cameras, and when we say "better than" or "big improvement" we do need to define in what way we mean that. Of the three lenses, the 43mm was the weakest in terms of resolution, but it was the one of the three that I kept. So there are clearly other factors that create the overall "look" and "quality" of a lens. The 43mm has such a look and IMHO delivers nicer looking images that the rather "bland" rendition of the 50mm f/1.4.
These of course are all emotive descriptions and very imprecise, but I do think there's no doubt that regardless of MTF50 graphs there are other "soft" measurements that make up the overall quality of any lens.
Best regards, John

Defragged

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 10:49
johnriley wrote:
I reviewed all three FA Limited lenses for EPZ, ................

These of course are all emotive descriptions and very imprecise, but I do think there's no doubt that regardless of MTF50 graphs there are other "soft" measurements that make up the overall quality of any lens.

I suspect what you possibly allude to here is character. A sometimes undefinable quality measurable only in the eye of the beholder.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Algernon

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 10:50
It will be interesting seeing this new lens used for pixel shift. It should out resolve existing sensors because other lenses already do that, but pixel shift seems to find something extra.

The bokeh looks very good as well.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Mike-P

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 11:47
Sample picture look excellent ... looks like Pentax have made an effort this time.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

RobL

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 12:13
And interesting that the new lenses are being designed for future camera developments, a hint perhaps of yet higher megapixel sensors?

Algernon

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 15:20
RobL wrote:
And interesting that the new lenses are being designed for future camera developments, a hint perhaps of yet higher megapixel sensors?

You mean Ricoh are so far in front with production that they have time to bring out lenses for cameras that aren't even pipe dreams yet!

--

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 29/06/2018 - 15:21

Algernon

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 15:27
Some more sample full size images......

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/k/standard/hdpentax-dfa-50/

--

Algi

LennyBloke

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 15:45
Algernon wrote:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/k/standard/hdpentax-dfa-50/

--

Pretty impressive
LennyBloke

Mike-P

Link Posted 29/06/2018 - 15:52
Algernon wrote:

--

There is a new lens roadmap at the bottom of the page, looks like the DA* 11-18 f/2.8 has been put back to at least 2019.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.