Members on line

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Over aggressive thread

johnriley

Link Posted 04/07/2014 - 23:36
Very little Charlotte.

The figure for members online probably means people online as the number of visitors always exceeds the number of members at any one time. The current figure is probably a record number. The previous record was about 100 behind that, interestingly on the day that PentaxDan was married.

Clearly Dan brought the crowds in, but what was so attractive on 2nd July I'm not sure.
Best regards, John

Marat

Link Posted 04/07/2014 - 23:37
charlottef wrote:
What has this thread got to do with Pentax photography ?

Sorry I think it's my fault, I want to set up a photographic website and was asking about the counter system as I want a fairly accurate one on my site, So noticing the one on here and that other members have their own sites and also I am not that good with computers, I asked the question for a bit of info and help.

I also posted it in general photographic chat, as it's a photographic website, I wasn't aware it had to be about Pentax as I took general meaning general?

You know when you get that feeling you should just keep quiet and walk away, Well that's me done.

davidstorm

Link Posted 04/07/2014 - 23:42
Not your fault at all Marat, more an issue with some of the other posts in this thread. Please accept an apology from me on behalf of many others I suspect, for the shabby way this thread has been conducted.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

charlottef

Link Posted 04/07/2014 - 23:52
Here you go Marat;
How they work

and lots of choices

Goggle analytics which has been mentioned is probably the best way to judge for yourself how many hits you get for your website because you can see exactly where they are coming from.

I'd think yourself lucky as usually non pentax photography questions disappear into the ether.

Congratulations to PentaxDan on his marriage.

Marat

Link Posted 04/07/2014 - 23:52
davidstorm wrote:
Not your fault at all Marat, more an issue with some of the other posts in this thread. Please accept an apology from me on behalf of many others I suspect, for the shabby way this thread has been conducted.

Regards
David

Thanks David and please you do not need to apologise on anyone's behalf.

What I can tell you is that I have had enough, Only been a member on this forum for a few days and have spent half that time either saying sorry, explaining myself, being abused and ridiculed and generally feeling totally unwelcome by certain members and staff.

I have had a bit of time and managed to read some other threads to see what everyone was talking about and try to have a better understanding and I think I may have joined at the wrong time, it seems feelings are running high and that everyone is a bit fed up.

I can only say that this has been a very short lived and negative experience and one that I do not wish to repeat on this special holiday.

johnriley

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 00:17
Nobody wants anybody to feel unwelcome, so I hope it will settle down for you soon. If you have any particular problems or questions anybody can drop a PM to me or one of the team and we'll happily reply.

Anybody new, just ask us in your intro thread to get in touch and we will do, because you won't be able to initiate a PM conversation at first.
Best regards, John

PentaxPrime

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 01:12
Marat wrote:
davidstorm wrote:

Regards
David

Thanks David and please you do not need to apologise on anyone's behalf.

What I can tell you is that I have had enough, Only been a member on this forum for a few days and have spent half that time either saying sorry, explaining myself, being abused and ridiculed and generally feeling totally unwelcome by certain members and staff.

I have had a bit of time and managed to read some other threads to see what everyone was talking about and try to have a better understanding and I think I may have joined at the wrong time, it seems feelings are running high and that everyone is a bit fed up.

I can only say that this has been a very short lived and negative experience and one that I do not wish to repeat on this special holiday.

Sorry you feel like that but I do understand, I too have had my jugular leapt at in the past for reasonable comments and issues made. I understand that this is a Pentax based forum but lets not be blinded by brand loyalty and remember that photography is the ultimate interest. If that includes, as it should, questions about presenting you work digitally so be it. I have returned to this site after some absence and quite frankly am finding it hostile with little room for newcomers or innocent queries. Please do not include me as a disruptive influence in posting this but simply embarrassed by the levels of intolerance being shown.

Good luck in the future.

Algernon

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 09:36
I am surprised that non of you have bothered to translate
Special_Fried_Rice's sig

Sorry if my previous post upset people, but I am sick of the
moaners ruining this and the EU forum I'm sure you will
agree that local papers letter pages are better for moaning
about trivialities

The original post seemed to be doubting the accuracy of the
counters.... even though he knows nothing about them?
"I only ask as I really really cannot see this is a
correct record"

I'm usually good at spotting trolls ....... Had Pentax_Expert
figured out on his 1st post, but at least he was funny and
posted only about photography and even posted
some nice images.

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 05/07/2014 - 09:38

davidstorm

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 10:16
I have translated it Algi, did this last night and it reads:

Dead? There is a life in some more fried vegetarian tofu!

It doesn't help much other than to confirm it's one of the banned members.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

McGregNi

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 10:24
Thanks Algi, needs to be said. For those .eu people who are looking (that's what this thread is all about right? ... Just my opinion!) ... Your beef is with the mods here, not us fellow Pentax people. We're not over there trying to mess things up for you. Its not for all of us, but we let you get on with it ... Listen to your member charlotte ... I do hope we can all come together again, it doesn't do the brand or our photography any good to be split like this.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Last Edited by McGregNi on 05/07/2014 - 10:25

Marat

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 11:18
Hi, I would just like to have my final word before a remove myself from here and please i have hada few drinks and it's a bit early as well.

I am not a banned member of any forum in fact I am not a member of any forum or have been before, only a visitor, I joined here as it seem the best to help and assist me taking my photography project further.

My question was genuine but maybe typed wrong. But for that I am sorry. i will like to thank those who tried to help and to the rest i do hope you sort everything out for the best.

I only ask if new member does join and asks a question you don't like be kind and understanding.

Goodbye and Godbless

McGregNi

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 11:40
Lets hope you've learned a few things and can make a better start when you begin to use a forum again.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Gwyn

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 13:40
Jim, I am sorry your brief experience of the forum has been so bad. Please think about just having a break and coming back again in a few weeks for another look. Hopefully things will have settled down somewhat by then and you can feel more at home here.

McGregNi

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 13:50
He has said he is taking a break a number of occasions, but just keeps popping back up again. Lets see if he means it this time.

johnriley

Link Posted 05/07/2014 - 14:26
This is becoming a little too aggressive all round and complaints have been received regarding this. Please tone it down and try not cast suspicions and near-accusations at other posters. If it continues, the thread will have to be closed.
Best regards, John
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Over aggressive thread