Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Members on line

• Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Over aggressive thread
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 17:29 Link
I wonder if someone could help me understand the information below that's on the community page.

Records
The highest number of members online was 836 and it was achieved on the 2nd July 2014

I keep popping in just to see if anything has happened of interest, but still seems very quiet with very little being posted and that if anything is posted is of very little interest, apart from some really rather stunning photos. I also look at the members online page and that can be anything from a few to around 30 or 40

I only ask as I really really cannot see this is a correct record, but because I would like to set up my own web page and have something like this on it and I admit I do know very little about computer programming, I would like to know if this is correct and how it is recorded.
Edited by Marat: 04/07/2014 - 17:30
greynolds999
Posted 04/07/2014 - 17:45 Link
Unless you can program a web site you need to find a provider who can do this for you.

There are many out there. Have a search and look at web hosting.
McGregNi
Posted 04/07/2014 - 17:53 Link
Marat, you've obviously missed the current thread about metering techniques and pentax specific custom settings ... There's a lot of interest there both for seasoned Pentaxians and the odd new starter as well
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 17:54 Link
greynolds999 wrote:
Unless you can program a web site you need to find a provider who can do this for you.

There are many out there. Have a search and look at web hosting.

Ok thanks, told you I don't know much, Do you think the 836 figure is say a member visiting the site 10 times in 24hrs being recorded as 10 or is it 836 individual members? As if it's the first it's no good to me and seems a pointless record, as I am looking for a true record of individual visits.
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 17:57 Link
McGregNi wrote:
Marat, you've obviously missed the current thread about metering techniques and pentax specific custom settings ... There's a lot of interest there both for seasoned Pentaxians and the odd new starter as well

I have sorry, I am still trying to find my way around, as when I click on the page I must admit I just look at the current topic displayed. With titles like pointless thread and, do you zoom????

I will dig a bit deeper and I am sorry as it wasn't meant to come out like that as I typed it, if you know what I mean?
Edited by Marat: 04/07/2014 - 17:58
Algernon
Posted 04/07/2014 - 18:07 Link
If your bored why don't you write to the local paper and complain
via their interesting local letters page

While your at it you could also put in a complaint about the bins
only being emptied every two weeks and another about cars parking
with two wheels on the pavement

I almost forget ..... also complain about the litter dropped in the
town centre by the yoof of today.

I assume that you already post to http://www.angrybritain.com/
------------The Online Home Of Fed-Up Brits

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Edited by Algernon: 04/07/2014 - 18:10
McGregNi
Posted 04/07/2014 - 18:31 Link
Marat wrote:
McGregNi wrote:

I have sorry, I am still trying to find my way around, as when I click on the page I must admit I just look at the current topic displayed. With titles like pointless thread and, do you zoom????

I will dig a bit deeper and I am sorry as it wasn't meant to come out like that as I typed it, if you know what I mean?

I agree, navigating around forums can be frustrating ... This one's very good though, it's even been hailed as an example by members on another Pentax forum who want to make changes there! So rest assured you're in the right place.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Edited by McGregNi: 04/07/2014 - 18:37
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 18:40 Link
Algernon wrote:
If your bored why don't you write to the local paper and complain
via their interesting local letters page

While your at it you could also put in a complaint about the bins
only being emptied every two weeks and another about cars parking
with two wheels on the pavement

I almost forget ..... also complain about the litter dropped in the
town centre by the yoof of today.

I assume that you already post to http://www.angrybritain.com/
------------The Online Home Of Fed-Up Brits

--

I take it your having a pop, but I ain't got a clue what your talking about?

But to answer your questions.

1. Recycle more, so less waste.
2. People bumping into each other on the sidewalk causes less damage then cars bumping into each other.
3. We were all young once, and it always creates jobs.

But I already apologised as it came across wrong what and how I typed it, so I don't understand the attitude after the fact?

This is now twice a member has had a dig, the last time I said I would leave but I had a question I thought could be answered with the knowledge on this site.
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 18:43 Link
McGregNi wrote:
Marat wrote:
Quote:

I agree, navigating around forums can be frustrating ... This one's very good though, it's even been hailed as an example by members on another Pentax forum who want to make changes there! So rest assured you're in the right place.

I think it's harder navigating around angry and rude members, then this forum

Note my first smiley, I hope it's the right one
johnriley
Posted 04/07/2014 - 18:54 Link
If anyone is trying to start an argument, then please don't. Civility costs nothing after all.
Best regards, John
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 19:03 Link
johnriley wrote:
If anyone is trying to start an argument, then please don't. Civility costs nothing after all.

John I do hope you are not directing this at me, I was asking a question that is of interest of me, yes on reading back I may have typed it wrong which I apologised for.
After I had already apologised a member just had to have a dig yet again, I give up.
Edited by Marat: 04/07/2014 - 19:03
McGregNi
Posted 04/07/2014 - 19:13 Link
I know, some things just aren't worth further effort.
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 19:23 Link
McGregNi wrote:
I know, some things just aren't worth further effort.

Anyone would think I asked a question, oh wait a minute..........
davidstorm
Posted 04/07/2014 - 20:11 Link
I'm baffled by this whole thread to be honest. It seems that a question was asked, albeit a bit of a strange one, a civil couple of responses were given and then Algi wades in with provocative irrelevance which only serves to upset a new member needlessly.

No wonder this Forum is on its backside.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Marat
Posted 04/07/2014 - 20:23 Link
Hi, David, The question was that I want to set up my own web page with a counter to see how many individual visits I have, I saw the one on here that stated a very strange I think, very very high number that I can't get my head round from what I have seen of the traffic do you call it this last few days.

So I thought I would ask how it's done and how to do it, I know it's a computer question but I am not a part of a computer forum and to be honest I may think twice about joining another forum any time soon.