lens question
- Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. thread has strayed off topic
Posted 24/06/2011 - 18:08
Link
fatspider wrote:
I think its obvious that PantexExport is way ahead of us all here, following the links to his images clearly shows he has knowledge far beyond my understanding of photography (far beyond anyones I think)
So heres a challenge for him, please give me some honest criticism on this arty farty shot I took of a lady who was completely naked apart from her shoes:
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/010.jpg[/IMG]
her breasts are lovely?
I think its obvious that PantexExport is way ahead of us all here, following the links to his images clearly shows he has knowledge far beyond my understanding of photography (far beyond anyones I think)
So heres a challenge for him, please give me some honest criticism on this arty farty shot I took of a lady who was completely naked apart from her shoes:
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/010.jpg[/IMG]
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 24/06/2011 - 18:43
Link
I have been lurking on these forum(s) (what is the plural) and this thread has really hit the spot. So my first post - be gentle with me -
I still do not know whether PE is a wind up or not and I think this is part of the fun.
I ordered a sensor cleaner from the retailer in question and the really professional young lady told me that the one I had ordered was out of stock but I could have the retractable brush and it would remove the dust from the sensor no problem!
fatspider Can you zoom out from the shoe?
Kx,DAL 18-50, DA50-200,Asahi SMC 50mm
I still do not know whether PE is a wind up or not and I think this is part of the fun.
I ordered a sensor cleaner from the retailer in question and the really professional young lady told me that the one I had ordered was out of stock but I could have the retractable brush and it would remove the dust from the sensor no problem!
fatspider Can you zoom out from the shoe?
Kx,DAL 18-50, DA50-200,Asahi SMC 50mm
Posted 24/06/2011 - 19:10
Link
I would suggest that looks remarkably like Mrs Spider's foot.
Has 'foot' ever been a competition title?
Has 'foot' ever been a competition title?
Posted 25/06/2011 - 00:20
Link
Quote:
I would suggest that looks remarkably like Mrs Spider's foot.
Not like you to take an interest in ladies feet Gareth, your eyes are usually roaming higher upI would suggest that looks remarkably like Mrs Spider's foot.
As for PentaxExpert you've not answered my question, which school did you go to in Armley?
Posted 25/06/2011 - 01:05
Link
Now look what you have done PE, another 1st post! Thank you for a very good laugh.
PE is not sending us up. He is merely questioning the wisdom of our beloved Pentax and their decision to make a toy lens.
As one who has already tried this crap I fear he might be right! -just the 58
and yes you can get a 52 as well. Maybe I got a bummer. Maybe I should send it back and ask for a 52mm instead......
Greetings all
fermanaman
PE is not sending us up. He is merely questioning the wisdom of our beloved Pentax and their decision to make a toy lens.
As one who has already tried this crap I fear he might be right! -just the 58
and yes you can get a 52 as well. Maybe I got a bummer. Maybe I should send it back and ask for a 52mm instead......
Greetings all
fermanaman
Posted 25/06/2011 - 04:40
Link
fermanaman wrote:
Now look what you have done PE, another 1st post! Thank you for a very good laugh.
PE is not sending us up.
Greetings all
fermanaman
G'day and welcome Coops and Maurice, I also fear that it's not a send-up (might be a bushel short of a cwt* methinks). Now look what you have done PE, another 1st post! Thank you for a very good laugh.
PE is not sending us up.
Greetings all
fermanaman
* hundredweight
Posted 25/06/2011 - 05:42
Link
coops wrote:
I have been lurking on these forum(s) (what is the plural) and this thread has really hit the spot.
Fora.I have been lurking on these forum(s) (what is the plural) and this thread has really hit the spot.
..... and welcome ! Also to fermanaman !
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 25/06/2011 - 10:39
Link
I have just read this thread from the start and what a laugh it is. The more PE posts the more obvious the wind up becomes, I was fooled by his first slight at macro shooters and took the bait, but as the posts progress it is becoming more obvious that this is simply a ruse, well done PE for catching so many of us.
All, watch for the switching between being unable to spell and having astonishingly bad grammar and then in the next post perfect in all respects.
Consistency Mr PE, consistency!
I wonder when the real identity of PE will emerge.
I also think it is a PU member spicing things up.
Keep up the good work PE it's a giggle and let's have some more examples of your superb work.
All, watch for the switching between being unable to spell and having astonishingly bad grammar and then in the next post perfect in all respects.
Consistency Mr PE, consistency!
I wonder when the real identity of PE will emerge.
I also think it is a PU member spicing things up.
Keep up the good work PE it's a giggle and let's have some more examples of your superb work.
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Posted 25/06/2011 - 10:44
Link
fatspider wrote:
I think its obvious that PantexExport is way ahead of us all here, following the links to his images clearly shows he has knowledge far beyond my understanding of photography (far beyond anyones I think)
So heres a challenge for him, please give me some honest criticism on this arty farty shot I took of a lady who was completely naked apart from her shoes:
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/010.jpg[/IMG]
This picture reminds me of a very old pop song circa 1979 by The Monks
I think its obvious that PantexExport is way ahead of us all here, following the links to his images clearly shows he has knowledge far beyond my understanding of photography (far beyond anyones I think)
So heres a challenge for him, please give me some honest criticism on this arty farty shot I took of a lady who was completely naked apart from her shoes:
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j168/impotentspider/010.jpg[/IMG]
Flickr
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Posted 25/06/2011 - 10:59
Link
The last time I visited the camera store that rhymes with “press - ups”, the display shelves were that thick with dust, I just walked straight out again. Not been back since.
Top tip, if you are visiting one of these stores, take a duster with you.
Take care.
Chris R.
Top tip, if you are visiting one of these stores, take a duster with you.
Take care.
Chris R.
Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Posted 25/06/2011 - 11:15
Link
I'm moving this to General Chat as it's clearly not a troubleshooter query.
Best regards, John


326 posts
17 years
Newcastle,
NSW,
Australia
Kindest regards,
Pentax K7, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 APO EX, Sigma 70-300 APO, Sigma 1.4x TC, Vivitar 2x TC. Takumar 135mm f2.5, SMC Pentax A 50mm 1:1.7, SMC Pentax -M 1:4 200mm, Pentax X70