k7 v k20 for noise


George Lazarette

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 18:41
scottthehat wrote:
...before i go splashing out £1200 on a k7 i wanna know its that much better,...

The K7 has the same sensor as the K20D. You're not going to see a massive difference.

And ignore all these inadequate tests by people who ought to be out shooting. In time it will become clear that the K7 is much the same as the K20D from the point of view of image quality (maybe slightly better), and rather superior in most other ways.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

beginner

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 19:08
I just like taking photographs!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!

johnriley

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 19:34
Likewise.

It's a bit reminiscent of the Hi-Fi market, where the specifications don't always relate to how something sounds.

THis is why some English amplifiers don't look good on paper, but sound terrific. Quad would be a good example of this.

We shouldn't lose sight of what our cameras are for.
Best regards, John

George Lazarette

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 19:43
Didn't know you were a Quad fan. Bought mine in 1976. Still going strong, with a capacitor change every fifteen years.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

johnriley

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 19:48
Yet another curiously random coincidence....
Best regards, John

hefty1

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 19:58
I've got a Quad FM4, can I join the gang too?

Bet there's nobody else on here with a Myst TMA3 amp though...
Joining the Q

George Lazarette

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 20:08
hefty1 wrote:
I've got a Quad FM4, can I join the gang too?

Bet there's nobody else on here with a Myst TMA3 amp though...

Of course. And we need to petition Downing Street not to turn off FM transmissions.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

gartmore

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 20:13
beginner wrote:
I just like taking photographs!

You cant be doing it right
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

hefty1

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 20:14
I'd sign that one!
Joining the Q

Malo1961

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 20:15
hefty1 wrote:
I've got a Quad FM4, can I join the gang too?

Bet there's nobody else on here with a Myst TMA3 amp though...

Does the Sugden A21a Series Two count as a fine example of: "Cottage Hifi" ?? I love the simplicity of this system. And the acoustic picture it provides. Waaaayy of topic, I know

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

hefty1

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 20:19
Malo1961 wrote:
Does the Sugden A21a Series Two count as a fine example of: "Cottage Hifi" ?? I love the simplicity of this system. And the acoustic picture it provides. Waaaayy of topic, I know

Martin.

I've never had the chance to use a Sugden but yes it certainly counts!
Joining the Q

johnriley

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 20:28
All this Hi-Fi talk might seem off-topic, but the subject was electronic noise and the same thing plagues transistor amplifiers whether they are audio or photographic.

Now valve amplifiers produce a richer sound, so just maybe our A/D converters should have valve amplifiers....now who said they wanted larger and heavier cameras?
Best regards, John

Malo1961

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 20:44
hefty1 wrote:
Malo1961 wrote:
Does the Sugden A21a Series Two count as a fine example of: "Cottage Hifi" ?? I love the simplicity of this system. And the acoustic picture it provides. Waaaayy of topic, I know

Martin.

I've never had the chance to use a Sugden but yes it certainly counts!

And here we are....Moaning and wining about the latest price increase of our other hobby equipment.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.

RR

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 21:04
George Lazarette wrote:
scottthehat wrote:
...before i go splashing out £1200 on a k7 i wanna know its that much better,...

And ignore all these inadequate tests by people who ought to be out shooting.

G

Hah ! Of course indescriminately slagging people off on a public forum is much better use of time than performing a few home-grown comparisons. Strangely, some people may actually appreciate the effort of the latter.
Shouldn't you be out "shooting" or is a 400mm & 2x TC still not enough reach to take a usable photo from such a high horse ?
My Flickr

Malo1961

Link Posted 14/07/2009 - 21:27
RR wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
Quote:
...before i go splashing out £1200 on a k7 i wanna know its that much better,...

And ignore all these inadequate tests by people who ought to be out shooting.

G

Hah ! Of course indescriminately slagging people off on a public forum is much better use of time than performing a few home-grown comparisons. Strangely, some people may actually appreciate the effort of the latter.
Shouldn't you be out "shooting" or is a 400mm & 2x TC still not enough reach to take a usable photo from such a high horse ?

Come on Bob,
Is it so hard to see at who George is referring to? He is talking about Depressingreview (and the pixel peeping inhabitants) and idiots like Rice High. No one at this forum is being slagged.

And as a side note, it is advisable to quote a complete text and not just a small part.

Because this:
Quote:
And ignore all these inadequate tests by people who ought to be out shooting.

sound rather very different compared to this:
Quote:
The K7 has the same sensor as the K20D. You're not going to see a massive difference.

And ignore all these inadequate tests by people who ought to be out shooting. In time it will become clear that the K7 is much the same as the K20D from the point of view of image quality (maybe slightly better), and rather superior in most other ways.

You can ofcourse, as a viable alternative always read back every post to make sure you place every remark in the right context.
To keep matters in perspective, right?

Just my two cnts,

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.