K5 Sensor Issues...
Posted 22/12/2010 - 09:17
Link
Lucky you! Hope it is all OK and you finally get to enjoy it.
Posted 22/12/2010 - 09:19
Link
jules wrote:
Arrived this A.M. Just as I closed the front door to go out!
Change of Plan then
Testing Testing Testing...:arrow:
Congrats, may not be the best weather (you may be able to test the weather sealing as well today :lol.Arrived this A.M. Just as I closed the front door to go out!
Change of Plan then
Testing Testing Testing...:arrow:
Just make sure that you do the 'white board test' every 100 or so pictures as some reported a clean sensor when the first picture was taken but after 300 (some had taken more some less pictures) the issue with the sensor was suddenly visible.
Also 'shoot' a test video of at least 10min to really heat up the sensor and then take pictures again. After about 50 or so pictures do a repeat 'white board test', just in case.
I know that you may know all of this but sometimes it is better to make sure than that you got an issue again.
I usually take every 1000 pictures a test shot, just to be on the save side and catch any issues early.
Slowly I get to grips with all the different exposure settings and I enjoy my one more and more. Shame only that I will have to send my one back in January for replacement. I just hope I can get a loan camera for the time it will take.
Best of luck and enjoy your time with your K-5.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Posted 22/12/2010 - 12:25
Link
SRS arranged for my K5(with sensor issues) to be picked up on Monday 20th, K5 was picked up by Parcelforce and I've had a phone call from SRS this morning to say replacement is on its way. Hopefully I'll get it before Xmas.
1st class service from SRS yet again!
1st class service from SRS yet again!
Posted 22/12/2010 - 13:59
Link
I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
Regards
Photowam
Posted 22/12/2010 - 14:07
Link
PHOTOWAM64 wrote:
I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
you are aware canon is having the same issues? completely different sensor, and they are getting oil fling off the mirror assembly onto the sensors.I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
Sony makes the sensors in the k5 as well sells them to Nikon.
So that rules out Sony, Pentax, Nikon and Canon.
It's a smaller issue than you think, and the companies are fixing it.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 22/12/2010 - 14:11
Link
PHOTOWAM64 wrote:
I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
I wouldn't let the sensor problems put you off. I'm sure Pentax won't be put any more cameras out there with these problems, buy from SRS if you do have problems they'll sort it.I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
I've been using the K5 for a couple of weeks now and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Posted 22/12/2010 - 14:13
Link
I have sensor issues with my K5, admittably not as serious as some people's. But I wouldn't consider any other camera, it's strong points far outweigh the fixable black spot problem.
David
David
Posted 22/12/2010 - 14:22
Link
I also have sensor issues with my K5, and I'm still using it every day. I chose to wait until after Christmas to have mine replaced by SRS. Buy from SRS or another Pentax Pro dealer and get peace of mind with the 2 year warranty.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 22/12/2010 - 14:28
Link
mille19 wrote:
I've been using the K5 for a couple of weeks now and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Thanks but what do pentax have to say about this PHOTOWAM64 wrote:
I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
I wouldn't let the sensor problems put you off. I'm sure Pentax won't be put any more cameras out there with these problems, buy from SRS if you do have problems they'll sort it.I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
I've been using the K5 for a couple of weeks now and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
regards
Photowam :
Posted 22/12/2010 - 14:37
Link
Should be some good deals on "refurbished" K5's soon!
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Posted 22/12/2010 - 14:43
Link
PHOTOWAM64 wrote:
regards
Photowam :
Right now, Pentax USA rep Ned Bunnell says Pentax is investigating.mille19 wrote:
I've been using the K5 for a couple of weeks now and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Thanks but what do pentax have to say about this PHOTOWAM64 wrote:
I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
I wouldn't let the sensor problems put you off. I'm sure Pentax won't be put any more cameras out there with these problems, buy from SRS if you do have problems they'll sort it.I had almost made up my mind to replace my * ist DL2 with a K5 but it looks as if I may have to look elsewhere shame as I have been using pentax for over 20 years as I am now on a small pension and do not want to bye in to a load of sensor problems
Regards
Photowam
I've been using the K5 for a couple of weeks now and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
regards
Photowam :
People with problems need to report it to where they purchased it. As people here are saying, reputable sources like SRS are being better than good to thier customers.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2342 posts
16 years
Storbritannia
Change of Plan then
Testing Testing Testing...:arrow:
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com