K5 Sensor Issues...

philstaff
Posted 18/12/2010 - 14:34 Link
aybee wrote:
Although I checked this at the shop and when I got it home and reported 'all clear' in the poll... however after about 230 shots:

Comment Image


Compared to on day of purchase (iso6400 so tad noisy):

Comment Image


So back to Jessops I will go... wish me luck.
So with this in mind if there is a problem will it get even worse with more use of the camera. Good luck and hope you get sorted soon.
Ian
aybee
Posted 18/12/2010 - 16:30 Link
Jessops have ordered me another K-5 which should be in on Tuesday so hopefully that one will be a keeper, they have let me keep my K-5 to use until then.

Nice to see the Southampton Hedge End branch have added a display of Pentax bodies and lenses.
Alan B
Gwyn
Posted 18/12/2010 - 16:43 Link
Thats good news Alan.

No news on my replacement from SRS yet .
xbow
Posted 18/12/2010 - 16:58 Link
aybee wrote:

Nice to see the Southampton Hedge End branch have added a display of Pentax bodies and lenses.
Thats not a bad Jessops as far as I remember.

Vic.
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
aybee
Posted 18/12/2010 - 19:30 Link
Quote:


Thats not a bad Jessops as far as I remember.

Vic.
They do employ at least one actual photographer at the branch (A Nikon user) who certainly knows his stuff. I've not visited recently for obvious reasons (no Pentax for sale).
Alan B
Edited by aybee: 18/12/2010 - 19:32
Hinfrance
Posted 19/12/2010 - 11:31 Link
I'm new here, but thought I would report in:

mine's a train wreck too. Bought for me in the UK from Bristol Cameras. Serial 3822704.

Comment Image


I've emailed Pentax France who haven't responded yet, and this morning I emailed Pentax UK asking what I should do.
Edited by Hinfrance: 19/12/2010 - 11:33
Joe S
Posted 19/12/2010 - 21:37 Link
Rumour has it that France is somewhat lacking in customer service? I wouldn't worry though, Pentax have acknowledged the problem. So it should be a farmality to get sorted. But I believe it is Bristol Camera that is supposed to do the foodwork as that's where you bought it.
Hi. My name is Joel and I'm a travelholic.
Stolen kit: Pentax K7 #3428965 and Pentax FA 43mm #0028350
aybee
Posted 21/12/2010 - 20:50 Link
I've now another K-5 from Jessops stock, 391xxxx serial number. Came with firmware 1.01 already installed. So far so good:

Comment Image
Alan B
Gwyn
Posted 21/12/2010 - 20:57 Link
With a bit of luck mine is somewhere between Watford and Holland, probably stuck in a snowdrift .
jules
Posted 21/12/2010 - 21:56 Link
Hi Gwyn, Mine was supposed to arrive today but didn't
Parcelforce 24Hr Delivery Now a 36Hr delivery:arrow:
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Gwyn
Posted 21/12/2010 - 22:07 Link
I'm just happy to know it is on it's way, somewhere. Probably stuck at Heathrow, though I have no idea which airport they actually use. With a bit of luck it is Stanstead .
I don't expect it before Christmas tbh, though it would be great if it did make it.

Jules, I hope yours reaches you tomorrow. All these delivery services are doing their best under really difficult circumstances.
I haven't had many Christmas cards from the UK - they'll probably get here in mid January .
SmutjeUK
Posted 21/12/2010 - 22:26 Link
aybee wrote:
I've now another K-5 from Jessops stock, 391xxxx serial number. Came with firmware 1.01 already installed. So far so good:

Comment Image
There seems to be a shadow at 9 o'clock about 1cm or so in. I would look at that one. Has got an oval shape to it. May be able to clear it up on a sensor clean.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
aybee
Posted 21/12/2010 - 23:34 Link
Thanks for noticing that I will check to see if that blob is repeated on other shots, it may simply be an out of focus mark on the white panel. It isn't, as yet, any 'sensor smear' spotting.
Alan B
SmutjeUK
Posted 21/12/2010 - 23:46 Link
Just make sure. I know I am not the only one who has spotted this. There are actually a couple of spots you want to check on.
Don't get me wrong, this is so much better than your fist issue but you paid ££££'s and more for the camera and you should have one without any issue whatsoever.
I would no be happy. It may be petty or something where most say 'so what, it will never bother me' but at the end you never know what happen in a few month (years) and it may be an issue then and you may be sorry then that you never followed it up.
I really hope for you that it is only an lens issue or something on the white background but if not, follow it up as you paid good money and you should get something that is 100% and nothing less.
Best of luck.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
jules
Posted 21/12/2010 - 23:46 Link
Gwyn wrote:
I'm just happy to know it is on it's way, somewhere. Probably stuck at Heathrow, though I have no idea which airport they actually use. With a bit of luck it is Stanstead .
I don't expect it before Christmas tbh, though it would be great if it did make it.

Jules, I hope yours reaches you tomorrow. All these delivery services are doing their best under really difficult circumstances.
I haven't had many Christmas cards from the UK - they'll probably get here in mid January .
I know Gwyn I actually invited the Postie in the other day as She was perished poor thing!
I'm ok with the weather as since losing the old jobberoonie i've been out a lot in the Fells and the Snow, in between opening rejection letters that is
Most folks in Britain ain't used to the idea of buying Micro Spikes/YakTrax to get around on but Sales of them have gone thru the roof this Winter, the outdoor retailers just can't get enough of em.
I've seen quite a few Pedestrian/road Accidents this year, all too many
I can wait an Extra day to get my Replacemant K5:arrow:
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo