K5 Poll
This topic has a poll - login to enter
Posted 07/12/2010 - 08:27
Link
I did the white paper test at different apertures and no problems found. s/n 3824
Posted 07/12/2010 - 09:39
Link
Got a day off so decided to do another test to make sure it wasnt a mark on the wall I was picking up.
Very strange looking problem.

Pentax K-5 Sensor by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr
Very strange looking problem.

Pentax K-5 Sensor by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr
Posted 07/12/2010 - 09:54
Link
Looks like a new life form developing on the sensor.
Posted 07/12/2010 - 10:16
Link
Been reading all these threads as I was seriously thinking about getting back to Pentax with a K5, might leave it for a little while though
That looks suspiciously like some sort of oil, didn't Nikon users have trouble with that a little while back?
Maybe over zealous lubrication of the mechanism rather than a sensor fault, would have thought a sensor manufacturing issue would be uniform rather than these random paterns.
That looks suspiciously like some sort of oil, didn't Nikon users have trouble with that a little while back?
Maybe over zealous lubrication of the mechanism rather than a sensor fault, would have thought a sensor manufacturing issue would be uniform rather than these random paterns.
Posted 07/12/2010 - 10:49
Link
Not sure about Nikon, but Canon had an oil problem and correctly
issued notification about it:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do
issued notification about it:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 07/12/2010 - 10:52
Link
Algernon wrote:
Not sure about Nikon, but Canon had an oil problem and correctly
issued notification about it:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do
Well I must say that looks more like mine.
Not sure about Nikon, but Canon had an oil problem and correctly
issued notification about it:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do
Posted 07/12/2010 - 11:07
Link
On the other forum there has been confirmation from some owners that cleaning sensors couldn't remove these stains and technical analysis suggests that particles are embedded within the layers that make up the sensor assembly.
Spotmatic?
Spotmatic?
Posted 07/12/2010 - 13:31
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Looks like mine too just that I have got a 'string' of them. Lets hope Pentax comes up with a resolution fast.
Algernon wrote:
Not sure about Nikon, but Canon had an oil problem and correctly
issued notification about it:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do
Well I must say that looks more like mine.Not sure about Nikon, but Canon had an oil problem and correctly
issued notification about it:
http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/EOS_oil_spots.do
Kind regards
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
SmutjeUK
It's nice to be nice!
Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.
Posted 07/12/2010 - 16:35
Link
Well the difference in Poll Numbers is getting less. Come on - there must be more than 16 K5 Owners in the Forum - make a Test (if you dare)
Posted 07/12/2010 - 16:45
Link
OOO - Prehaps we could have a sweepstake on how many members have actually signed on in the last Month - I'll start with 81
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


13627 posts
18 years
Hythe,
Hampshire UK
The D7000 does have an odd "hot pixel" effect during video (not all D7000 examples). Nikon have responded immediately announcing a firmware fix? No other tech issues reported.
I think the Nikon firmware will just do some sort of Pixel mapping, I don't think the Pentax problem will be so easily fixed.