K5 Poll
This topic has a poll - login to enter
Posted 29/01/2011 - 20:16
Link
Well, it is not as bad as some I have seen, but there does appear to be a cluster of small blobs central to the sensor with a couple of others that look a bit like dust bunnies below them.
Posted 29/01/2011 - 20:27
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Did he not buy it from SRS?.....OH DEAR!
beginner wrote:
Chris will take care of it for you!
Now that would be good customer serviceChris will take care of it for you!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 29/01/2011 - 20:52
Link
beginner wrote:
Mifsuds
Mike-P wrote:
Did he not buy it from SRS?.....OH DEAR!beginner wrote:
Chris will take care of it for you!
Now that would be good customer serviceChris will take care of it for you!
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 29/01/2011 - 22:48
Link
Sorry to hear that!...could it be a 7 week wait?
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 29/01/2011 - 22:57
Link
Mike-P wrote:
BTW .. can I change my vote to no now?
Are you sure?..
BTW .. can I change my vote to no now?
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
Posted 29/01/2011 - 23:00
Link
beginner wrote:
Sorry to hear that!...could it be a 7 week wait?
I have a pigeon away to Pentax to see what's fastest.
Sorry to hear that!...could it be a 7 week wait?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 30/01/2011 - 00:33
Link
Mike-P wrote:
I think the Nikon firmware will just do some sort of Pixel mapping, I don't think the Pentax problem will be so easily fixed.
Time passes quickly Mike. One thought with the sensor, if its identical to the unit Nikon use in the D7000, then the "stain" issue cannot be attributed to Sony as the D7000 has no similar issues.K10D wrote:
The D7000 does have an odd "hot pixel" effect during video (not all D7000 examples). Nikon have responded immediately announcing a firmware fix? No other tech issues reported.
Nikon did not respond immediately with a firmware fix, it has taken them a month since the first reports to actually admit there is a problem and do something about it. By my reckoning that gives Pentax another 4 weeks The D7000 does have an odd "hot pixel" effect during video (not all D7000 examples). Nikon have responded immediately announcing a firmware fix? No other tech issues reported.
I think the Nikon firmware will just do some sort of Pixel mapping, I don't think the Pentax problem will be so easily fixed.
I never had overheating with video on the K7 and no hot pixels with the D7000 as neither have ever been used in video mode, nor will be.
Let's hope you get a "sorted" K5 soon.
Best regards-from the grey side.
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1252 posts
20 years
Gunnerton