Jessops fall out with pentax

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 09:56
Ah...

In that case: while the is no visable advertising for the brand she's got a fairly easy life
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Yongnuo YN-560; Vivitar 285HV; Cactus V4 triggers...
Film:
Pentax-MX & M50mm f1.4; Spottie & 55mm f1.8; MG & M40mm 2.8...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveholmesphotos/

gartmore

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 13:28
I'm intrigued as to why you are so intent in pursuing this negative line of thought and cant stop deriding someone you haven't even met.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

K10D

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 13:57
DaveHolmes wrote:

Idea 3)
A TV advert... lots of photographers at a film premier... The rain pours... All the toggers run for cover... Beautiful actress arrives by limo - man with K5 puts his jacket over her protectively
"You look beautiful" he says "Can I get a few pictures?"
K5 gets the shot while other toggers look on in vain...
PENTAX K5 - WE DON'T STOP - WE GET THE SHOT
The camera is then shown resting in a puddle in the rain...

Any more ideas?

Only one, do your homework when commenting on other kit. The K5 is Pentax's top DSLR, do you actually believe that top Nikons and Canons are not WR? I've regularly shot my D700 and K7 side by side in the rain.

A classic example was the scene on tv with Ray Mears photographing brown bears with a D700 and 300mm f/2.8 during a torrential downpour.

Indeed, why even start to compare brands?

I use Pentax as I consider their cameras excellent and fit for purpose. The only difference for me is that for some requirements, other brands models and glass are more fit for purpose.

Best regards

PentaxUK

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 14:37
Firstly, we would like to confirm that this is indeed an official Pentax Ricoh representation and we hope a helpful conduit for communicating with the forum and vice versa.

We do understand your frustrations and can assure you that we are in the process of delivering a wider product distribution of all Pentax product. However, this will take a little time to achieve.

We absolutely share your passion for the brand. Things are changing at Pentax Ricoh but this won’t happen overnight. Please bear with us.

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 15:21
K10D wrote:

Only one, do your homework when commenting on other kit. The K5 is Pentax's top DSLR, do you actually believe that top Nikons and Canons are not WR? I've regularly shot my D700 and K7 side by side in the rain.

I didn't 'actually' comment on any other kit...

PentaxUK wrote:
Firstly, we would like to confirm that this is indeed an official Pentax Ricoh representation and we hope a helpful conduit for communicating with the forum and vice versa.

We do understand your frustrations and can assure you that we are in the process of delivering a wider product distribution of all Pentax product. However, this will take a little time to achieve.

We absolutely share your passion for the brand. Things are changing at Pentax Ricoh but this won’t happen overnight. Please bear with us.

Briliant!
Welcome to the forums!
Digital:
Pentax K5- Vivitar 19mm 3.8; FA35mm f2; D-Xenon 100mm macro f2.8; DA50-200mm WR...
Flash:
Film:

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 15:29
K10D wrote:
DaveHolmes wrote:

Idea 3)
A TV advert... lots of photographers at a film premier... The rain pours... All the toggers run for cover... Beautiful actress arrives by limo - man with K5 puts his jacket over her protectively
"You look beautiful" he says "Can I get a few pictures?"
K5 gets the shot while other toggers look on in vain...
PENTAX K5 - WE DON'T STOP - WE GET THE SHOT
The camera is then shown resting in a puddle in the rain...

Any more ideas?

To be fair, Pentax offer better weather sealing at a lower price point - you'd be hard pressed to find a sealed camera costing less than a grand from the other makes.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

ChrisA

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 15:46
PentaxUK wrote:

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that it's a great pleasure to see someone from Pentax Ricoh here.

Equally, I'd ask you to bear with us - there are a lot of real Pentax enthusiasts here, and although we love the brand, there's quite a bit of pent-up frustration with some aspects, and we're sometimes prone to expressing those frustrations a little, erm, directly, to say the least

So providing you're reasonably thick-skinned, you'll be fine.

Again, welcome!!

Now, about that electronic level...
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 15:50
gartmore wrote:
I'm intrigued as to why you are so intent in pursuing this negative line of thought and cant stop deriding someone you haven't even met.

I believe you are infering a tone to my posts which simply isn't there... Perhaps it's a regional thing...
Digital:
Flash:
Film:

DaveHolmes

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 15:52
ChrisA wrote:

I'm sure I speak for many when I say that it's a great pleasure to see someone from Pentax Ricoh here.

Equally, I'd ask you to bear with us - there are a lot of real Pentax enthusiasts here, and although we love the brand, there's quite a bit of pent-up frustration with some aspects, and we're sometimes prone to expressing those frustrations a little, erm, directly, to say the least

Agreed on all counts
Digital:
Flash:
Film:

gartmore

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 17:38
DaveHolmes wrote:
gartmore wrote:

I believe you are infering a tone to my posts which simply isn't there... Perhaps it's a regional thing...

I wouldn't really know, I don't live in a region.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

grahamcoad

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 18:49
Doesn't bother me, I don't think I have ever bought anything from Jessops!
K-1, Sigma 12-24mm DG EX, Sigma 24-70mm DG EX, K-3, White K-01 with 40mm XS and white 35mm f2.4, SMC Pentax FA 1.8 31mm AL Limited, 43mm f1.9 Limited, 77mm f1.8 Limited, Sigma 17-50 f2.8, SMC Pentax DA* 50-135 f2.8, MX + SMC M 50mm f1.4, SMC A 50mm f1.4, SMC A 50mm f1.2, Spotmatic F 55mm f1.8, ES with 55mm f1.8 and 28mm f3.5, Program Plus (Chrome) with SMC A 50mm f1.7, Pentax 6x7, Leica ii, plus misc. odds and sods)

tyronet2000

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 19:28
After deposit and 10 "easy" payments the K7 is finally mine. Thank you Jessops
Regards
Stan

PPG
Last Edited by tyronet2000 on 16/04/2012 - 19:28

Mike-P

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 19:52
tyronet2000 wrote:
After deposit and 10 "easy" payments the K7 is finally mine. Thank you Jessops

Yup, my DA 17-70mm is paid for in a couple of months.

Why use my money when I can use theirs
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

gartmore

Link Posted 16/04/2012 - 22:35
Or would that be Pentax's money? Who knows!
Ken

K10D

Link Posted 17/04/2012 - 00:39
Pentaxophile wrote:
To be fair, Pentax offer better weather sealing at a lower price point - you'd be hard pressed to find a sealed camera costing less than a grand from the other makes.

I absolutely agree, but I didn't buy a D700 for its weather sealing, it has several other qualities that .

Best regards
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.