Heartless

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Enough has been said

Darkmunk

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 11:47
Gotta love someone who throws socks at the TV
I didn't get involved because I didn't know the whole story, but the continued lack of response is astonishing.
Facebook Page
Plymouth Photographer

wasleys

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 12:12
Darkmunk wrote:
…the continued lack of response is astonishing.

And disappointing.

CMW

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 12:55
Still no word from any of the mods.  I think many of us have held off final judgement waiting for more information, but it is increasingly looking as though the mods are keeping quiet deliberately, perhaps in the hope that the fire will burn out.

Such a strategy would be almost as reprehensible as the deletion of the original post, so it would be nice to be wrong on this occasion.
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography

dougf8

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 12:58
It might take time to get mods, HR, and a decision maker all aligned.

Alternatively there may be nothing to answer from the way the site it set up.
Lurking is shirking.!

gartmore

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 15:17
This is first and foremost a photography site and yes, of course, there is a community behind it. My decision to remove the thread was one that wasn't taken lightly and it would be wholly irresponsible to give the reason for its removal here The OP has been confidentially made aware of the reasons.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

CMW

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 15:42
'Wholly irresponsible' to offer in public a reason for the thread's removal? Hogwash. Sounds like a press release from an embarrassed government ministry. Jittery about libel? Then say so. Enforcing a 'photography-only' decision? Then say so. The decision to remove the thread and the prolonged ensuing silence is discreditable.

Unimpressed.
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography

mrfrosty

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 15:47
Sounds a very political reply to me .
Dave.

dpm

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 15:57
Surely we all need to know why the decision was made, that we may all learn from it as a community?

lennythelion

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 16:08
Sorry, but Ken's reply does seem a bit political, and it doesn't really address one of the key issues raised here, which to my mind is.

Do the forum members want a proper general chat thread. From the posts both on this topic and recent posts elsewhere. I'd suggest that the feeling seems to be YES!

Smeggypants

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 16:29
A forum that can't tell it's members why a thread was removed?

Doesn't happen often but I'm speechless.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

MattyH

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 16:31
[quote:3496ace15f="gartmore"]This is first and foremost a photography site and yes, of course, there is a community behind it. My decision to remove the thread was one that wasn't taken lightly and it would be wholly irresponsible to give the reason for its removal here The OP has been confidentially made aware of the reasons.[/

Sorry, I was wrong, I was mis informed, I knew the OP was reaching out for help and advice but I thought nothing of it and just clicked delete anyway, SORRY. These are just a few words and phrases missing from this appalling statement above.

Maybe Ken should re read the quote he has as his signature from Henri Cartier-Bresson, which makes the politically forced statement even more sickening.

Mike-P

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 16:40
Must admit I am quite surprised Ken, I always thought of you as one of the more open minded members of the moderation team. I really don't think you can leave it like that though, tbh I think it would be irresponsible NOT to give the reason for the thread removal.
. My Flickr

pentaxian450

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 17:55
gartmore wrote:
This is first and foremost a photography site and yes, of course, there is a community behind it. My decision to remove the thread was one that wasn't taken lightly and it would be wholly irresponsible to give the reason for its removal here The OP has been confidentially made aware of the reasons.

When I created this post "A terrible ordeal", it had nothing to do with photography, and nobody objected about it.

What gives somebody the right to look or read something, then tell me I can't read it. Is it because we're considered on a lower level?
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)

ronniemac

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 18:36
Hi Ken

I am sure you had everyone's best interest at heart when you removed the post but I have read the Terms of Use and am unable to identify which rule has been broken other than the first part of: 3g. Please keep discussion to Pentax or Pentax releated subjects and images..... and I perceive that this is a polite request rather than a rule.

I do understand confidentiality is important, but it would probably settle things down if you were able to identify the rule was not adhered to.

MattyH

Link Posted 02/06/2014 - 18:52
In all fairness, when a fellow human asks for help, reassurance and comfort, there are no rules, there are no excuses,

Put it this way, if you were walking down the street and somebody asks for help, do you walk on by and state you are just following rules or do you stop and help where you can.

What is also unforgivable and disgusting, is that it took over 24hrs and 5 pages of comments for an acknowledgment, not a apologetic statement with reasons behind the most shocking of human nature, but a statement that any government would be proud of, with not a single apologetic word in there.
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Enough has been said