Heartless

Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Enough has been said

bettyswolloks

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 18:43
MattyH wrote:
bettyswolloks wrote:
Where are the TCs?

Terms of Use at the bottom of the page.

Cheers Pal

mrfrosty

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 18:48
I did not see the original post but many years ago I had severe depression and the saying of not wishing it on worst enemy is true. I cannot explain how I felt because I have not got the words in me.
I am not a great user of this site but just post a few snaps and any comments that I get are nice to have. However I think that Pentax is a small community and I see lots of people posting a lot of comments on a regular basis so I think it would be nice to have a members forum that any subject could be spoken about, after all this is a site that should be run for what members want and not what someone else wants. It is like all people in charge of others they " do as I say not as I do " every government I can remember only gets talking near to elections and then for five years do not give a dam what anyone thinks. Perhaps some senior members may be able to contact the people who run this site and ask for a comment.
Just my thoughts.
Dave

judderman62

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 19:01
The site does not exist without it's members ... the admins / mods would do well to remember this. If every single member "walked" today / tomorrow the site would die.

This incident has left a very, very bad taste in the mouth. The guilty individual should take a very, very long and hard look at themselves. We are all people..humans first, then photographers and Pentax users after this.. a bit of humanity would be nice.
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

lennythelion

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 19:14
I'm actually quite angry at the mods for deleting Louise's post.
My oh has suffered greatly over the years with anxiety and depression,she found great comfort in the online forums of her interests and pastimes. It sounds like Louise wanted to reach out for support and that was denied her.

My oh has used photography in the past as a way to overcome her anxiety and agrophobia issues, in that while she's taking photos its a way of her coping with being in anxious situation and calming herself.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to read Louise's post as I would have gladly tried to offer whatever support I could.

Lenny

jamieallan

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 20:13
I didn't see the original post but as the father of a son with learning difficulties I'm saddened at what appears to be the way this has been dealt with. As human beings we have a duty to help and assist one another - that's what society is all about - not to turn away. I hope Louise recognises that there are people out there whom she can ask for assistance and who will try to assist. I hope she is ok.
Jamie

darkskies

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 20:57
I didn't see the original thread. I also must admit to never having "talked' to Louise on this forum, mainly because I have been mostly absent for some time.

But I can certainly empathise with her, having suffered from stress and depression some years ago. It stays with you all your life, to a lesser or greater degree.

It would have been great if Louise could have found some support from this forum. Support for a member who needs/wants it is far more important, imo, than keeping to some stupid rule regarding "photo chat only."
This space deliberately left blank.
Last Edited by darkskies on 01/06/2014 - 20:58

davidstorm

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 21:33
I too have not seen Louise's thread, but judging by the strength of feeling in this one, I am amazed that whoever deleted it didn't consult with Louise and the members first.

I have a son who has difficulty interacting with people and he too takes comfort from 'meeting people' and conversing online. My heart goes out to Louise, I have tried to provide help to her via various threads and PM's over the past couple of years and this episode really disappoints me.

I think at the very least an explanation and apology should be forthcoming.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

CMW

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 21:36
Would whoever deleted the thread like to offer their explanation to those of us who are puzzled by such a seemingly uncaring action? Of course it is possible the OP herself asked for it to be suspended. It would be good to know.
Regards, Christopher

ChristopherWheelerPhotography

Smeggypants

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 21:48
I haven't seen the thread in question but cannot say I'm suprised and echo the thoughts of the forum members on this one.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283

Smeggypants

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 22:02
JAK wrote:

To me General Chat means 'Chat about anything.' Not 'Chat about anything photographic.' That's not ambiguous at all; at least to me.

The way the sub forums are split up generally terrible though. the troubleshooter forum is especially annoying and pointless as problems with specific equipment should go in the specfic forum

This is how I would split it

DIGITAL CAMERAS
Pentax DSLRs
Pentax Mirrorless
Pentax Compacts
Ricoh Digital Cameras

FILM CAMERAS
Pentax SLR
Pentax Medium Format

GENERAL
General Photography Chat
General Lounge
Flash Photography
Local Groups/Meetings
Classified Ads
Leads to Deals

MEMBERS PHOTOS
Competitions
Membees Photos
Pentax Equipment

Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..

Smeggypants

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 22:07
Mannesty wrote:
Whoever it was that deleted AuraTodd's thread with a plea for help and advice, you should be ashamed of yourself.

She clearly has few friends from whom she can draw comfort, but she counts us among them.

I hope you receive the same treatment as and when you ask anyone for help.

Do you have any idea the trauma you could be putting her through now? I doubt it.

She may not even have had time to read the sensible advice in the replies. You could.should have left it a bit longer at least.

Whoever you are, I'm disgusted and this might just be the straw that I need.

Shouldn't have been deleted at all, but has already been said no one is surprised. Forums are first and foremost a community. Running them in any other manner is destructive

gtis

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 22:11
Hi
I have conversed with Louise via pm and she said she thought it was deleted
So for me she has not asked for it to be deleted
So the mods should explain why it as been deleted
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter

Panasonic Dmc Fz200

DrOrloff

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 22:13
I saw the original post.

I do think that given the apparent plea for help that a justification as to exactly what was inappropriate to this forum, which yes is viewed as a supporting community by some, is in order.

There could be a number of perfectly valid reasons why the thread was deleted, so I reserve judgement until that is explained. But an explanation is surely due.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

judderman62

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 22:19
I also have conversed with Louise by PM and also took from said conversation that the thread was not deleted at her request.
- -
Mike

Pentax K5 / Pentax K5 11/ Pentax K200D / Canon Rebel T1 i / Canon 650D / Pentax MX-1 / Fuji XF1 /Fuji X 10 / Canon EOS-M / Canon G10/ Pentax Mz-7 x 2

dpm

Link Posted 01/06/2014 - 22:19
how many Mods and Admins do we have here, in total?
Topic Lock(s)
  • Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Enough has been said