Grumpiness

Cloudhunter

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:14
Just a few of your one liners George...

What a pair of jokers.
Wonderful thing, the English language. It's capable of expressing things very precisely, to those who understand it.

I think you should stop judging people and get a life. You alone are what is killing this forum. Thats not just my opinion, thats at least 8 pm's ive had off other members wanting you banned.

edumad

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:16
Although my english is not that good, I do find english slang and english sayings very pleasant sounding and amusing, so keep it up.
It also makes a web forum feel more genuine and real. A more conversational tone is not bad.

Typos... I've made lots, but don't regret them all. I see no reason for certain words to start in capital letters and some other words should sometimes appear in capital letters as a glance at thoramay's post illustrates.
One issue with my speech that I cannot detect, but I'm sure exists is the mixed use of american and english words or sayings. Watching many american movies and TV sitcoms mixed with lessons in british english, has lead to this. Living in Scotland has not helped either, not that the Scottish talk "funny" (which they do, very amusing), but I relate mostly with international students and end up with a nice english soup.
TWAPSI Blog

Cloudhunter

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:17
edumad wrote:
Although my english is not that good, I do find english slang and english sayings very pleasant sounding and amusing, so keep it up.
It also makes a web forum feel more genuine and real. A more conversational tone is not bad.

Typos... I've made lots, but don't regret them all. I see no reason for certain words to start in capital letters and some other words should sometimes appear in capital letters as a glance at thoramay's post illustrates.
One issue with my speech that I cannot detect, but I'm sure exists is the mixed use of american and english words or sayings. Watching many american movies and TV sitcoms mixed with lessons in british english, has lead to this. Living in Scotland has not helped either, not that the Scottish talk "funny" (which they do, very amusing), but I relate mostly with international students and end up with a nice english soup.

I think its just pompous, old twirps sitting at home with nothing better to do than to slate other peoples language and typing to try and boost their own mediocre life. I laugh mostly at it.

Gwyn

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:19
I'm sorry Cloudhunter but you are out of order. George has been a member of this forum for a very long time, and is one of the more helpful, and yes, gentlemanly members here.
He can be a bit grumpy, he admits that but to have a bunch of new comers come in and stir things up and try and get George banned because he dares to state his opinion is going to far. He is not the one killing this forum believe me.

Cloudhunter

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:22
Gwyn,

Do a poll if you like. I could name 8 members immediately who have stated that george is killing this forum. Thats not just my opinion is it. its the tone and judgemental attitude that people hate. People will retaliate at somebody claiming they are stupid, uneducated just because they type differently. I take offence to that. I work from home, run 2 seperate businesses and earn a hell of alot more than i would doing a normal job. If thats uneducated and stupid then im happy to be that.

Malo1961

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:23
Malo1961 wrote:
I am still waiting on those who must feel addressed by George, to come forward

Well....that didn't take long, did it??

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Last Edited by Malo1961 on 22/07/2009 - 12:23

Cloudhunter

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:25
Malo,

I dont mind anybody disagreeing with me, thats human nature. Its the derogatory and judgemental way he expresses himself. I mean fancy slating scotts pics? Thats so out of order, especially considering they are great pics.

I cant stand the man and thats why im leaving this forum soon to setup my own.

Coriander

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:26
There are those online who take life too seriously.

How did great photographers achieve their status when there was no online forum available? They must truly have been geniuses! Or was it because they just got on with their job/hobby, experimented, persevered and became their own worst critic? They didn't rely on others online to make them achieve. They did it themselves or with the help of family and friends (don't tell me online forums are a substitute!!).

So, don't take things too seriously here. You can always logoff and spend your time taking photographs instead!

K10D with Grip, 28mm,50mm,135mm,18-55,18-200,70-300mm, Meade 2000mm catadioptric, dodgy tripod and luck

wasleys

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:26
George is quite right. Apart from banality the use of Textese is an abomination and there may be a place for gentle guidance of offenders. Terms of Use contain a reference to use of upper case; perhaps this could be extended to cover Textese and capitals.

With reference to ericp's comment about lack of capitals not being so bad I have to say I disagree. Capitals starting sentences help readers identify the break and so make reading easier.

Michael

Malo1961

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:27
Cloudhunter wrote:
Gwyn,

Do a poll if you like. I could name 8 members immediately who have stated that george is killing this forum.

And that is supposed to impress?

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Gwyn

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:28
I am not going to set up a poll or anything else.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including George. You are entitled to disagree with him.

What you are not entitled to do is start a hate campaign against him.

Cloudhunter

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:29
No its not meant to impress. Its meant to let you know its not just 1 or 2 people trying to get someone banned. its lots of members unhappy with how he talks to people like they are s**t he has just stepped in.

Cloudhunter

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:29
Gwyn,

Ive started no hate campaign. He did that all by himself!

Malo1961

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:32
Cloudhunter wrote:
Malo,
I cant stand the man and thats why im leaving this forum soon to setup my own.

Thats the second time in a week, I see you make a similar promise.
The first one was ; From now one I won't participate or comment topics started by George.
Remember?? Enough said, I'll guess.

Martin.
Best regards,

Martin.

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 22/07/2009 - 12:33
While I baulk at many of George’s posts (or chuckle at the curmudgeonliness of the guy), I think complaining about heavy handed censorship from the mods while trying to get a member expelled for expressing himself, is a bit rich.
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.