Glasgow meet 9th April 2011

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 18:12
I will have no chance not to anyway. She already wants me to lie back down (which I will do after I finished a couple of emails).
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

fatspider

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 18:31
Get well soon Bernhard, were a right bunch of cripples us Pentax Users, I thought I was going to be hobbling round all weekend myself but the anti-inflammatorys have done the trick.

We arrived about 3.45 this afternoon and after unpacking and making use of the rooms tea & coffee making facilities we had a wander round Queens Park, (opposite the Hotel) now my feet are killing me and the co-codomols are just kicking in so alcohol consumption this evening will be limited to a couple of pints, and no it will not be consumed in Queens Park with the regulars

I shall decide on tommorrows itinery when I wake up and see if I can get my feet into my shoes
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

techno-terminator

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 18:42
Mr Spider - I look forward to seeing you on Saturday

Strikes me you have been very busy since arriving
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

greynolds999

Link Posted 07/04/2011 - 19:45
If anyone's hanging around with nothing better to do you could pop into Merchant City Cameras. Usually have wee bit of Pentax hanging around.

http://www.merchantcitycameras.com/
My Photobucket

MarkTaylor

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 04:30
Got my sensor all fixed up and shiny clean so I'll be seeing you all Saturday for sure. The wife is still a maybe.

I know Greynolds already offered but if anybody else still wants a lift from Edinburgh there are a couple of spots in our car. Last minute, I know, but didn't see the point in offering until my attendance was a definite.
My Flickr Pentax K-5 K-5 II Sigma 8-16mm F/4.5-5.6 DC HSM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD ASL SMC Pentax-DA* 50-135mm F/2.8 ED [IF] SDM SMC Pentax-DA 55-300mm F/4-5.8 ED SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm F/3.5-5.6 ED AL [IF] WR Vivitar 100mm F/3.5 Macro AF Metz Mecablitz 58 AF-2

Technoblurb

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 08:02
Sadly I will now not be able to make it tomorrow, our plasterer that was due today is now coming Saturday, so instead I will be painting some guttering . I was looking forward to meeting some new faces and catching up with people I already know. The weather looks good so I hope you all have a great time, looking forward to seeing the results

Graham

greynolds999

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 08:17
That's a real shame Graham. Hopefully we'll catch up some time in the summer.
My Photobucket

techno-terminator

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 10:26
Argh - that is a shame. Why don't folk come and do work when they say they will

Whilst we enjoy ourselves we will think of you slaving away.

Must go and get some diesel in Freda and get her washed so she is sparkly blue instead of dirty blue

bforbes

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 10:51
That is a shame Graham, especially as you could not make Whitby either.

The car is packed, so we are just waiting for a call to say the daughter has finished work and we are on our way.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

fatspider

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 11:01
Oddly enough, whilst stuffing our faces with a full Scottish Breakfast my wife asked what time the meet was tommorrow, I replied "10.00am I think but it doesn't matter if were late cos' Grahams coming and I have his number in my phone"

Dammned plasterers, looks like I'll have to get out of bed earlier now

Right, going to log off and go check out the Glasshouses in Queens park.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

techno-terminator

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 11:06
It's supposed to be 10.30 in the car park but since I'm ALWAYS early for things [ or I start panicking ] I'll be there in good time

greynolds999

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 11:32
There's a cafe in the Burrel collection, and if the normal pattern follows we will head there for opening time at 11.00!
My Photobucket

Technoblurb

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 12:10
Thanks folks, I was really looking forward to this one, the only photo opp I will probably get now is builder bum, he had better turn up or I will be doing the plastering.

Alan, remember you have to chase the haggis round the plate clockwise or they fall off.

Have a great day everyone, really looking forward to what you all come up with.

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 14:51
I wasn't Commodore class (waste of money just for a bit of internet!), but we did have a very nice cabin looking over the pointy end. I can't swim so would have been hard put to doggy paddle my way across .

Now settled in our hotel, enjoying a welcome cup of tea.

A shame Bernhard and Graham can't make it. I hope Bernhard is soon feeling better, and that guttering looks very smart after it's new coat of paint.

See you the rest of you tomorrow I hope.

Galoot

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 16:28
Planning on making the trip through to Glasgow as well.

Got a box of 'Bits' that will be up for grabs if anyone wants to help themselves.

link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.