Glasgow meet 9th April 2011

gartmore

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 18:12
fatspider wrote:
Get well soon Bernhard, were a right bunch of cripples us Pentax Users, I thought I was going to be hobbling round all weekend myself but the anti-inflammatorys have done the trick.

We arrived about 3.45 this afternoon and after unpacking and making use of the rooms tea & coffee making facilities we had a wander round Queens Park, (opposite the Hotel) now my feet are killing me and the co-codomols are just kicking in so alcohol consumption this evening will be limited to a couple of pints, and no it will not be consumed in Queens Park with the regulars

I shall decide on tommorrows itinery when I wake up and see if I can get my feet into my shoes

Try Heraghty's Bar in Pollokshaws Rd at the junction with Alison St (just beyiond the far end of the park from you) - a traditional wee Glasgow pub.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

greynolds999

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 18:28
Or head to a nice little club called The Savoy in Sauchiehall Street. It's a sophisticated cocktail bar with a broad range of clientèle and an eclectic mix of music.

(Imagine the Three Legs but a little more downmarket.)
My Photobucket

techno-terminator

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 23:26
OK

Camera packed , I've grabbed the Tamron and DA 35 lenses [ dithering - should I include the 18-55 instead of the Tamron - decisions decisions ] thrown in the usual batteries , lens cloth, filters for the Tamron [ don't have any for the 35m yet and I'm not going to make a fool of myself with the Cokin set yet ]

Freda was washed today and she even got her tummy 3/4 filled with diesel

I'll be in the lower car park tomorrow some time after 1000. Blue Freelander .

See you folks
let the education continue

proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs

Galoot

Link Posted 08/04/2011 - 23:40
I got 6 cans of Stella, two haggis pies and a bottle of Buckfast, so I'm sorted too
link

greynolds999

Link Posted 09/04/2011 - 08:45
See you all there boys and girls!
My Photobucket

techno-terminator

Link Posted 09/04/2011 - 15:17
That was fun - I'm back as I have a lot to do before heading off to Dublin on the 18th .

The rest are still there having fun

Ken was there before me but sans pup who had had him up at frequent intervals during the night . The trip south with pup should be interesting .

Piccies will follow in due course

techno-terminator

Link Posted 09/04/2011 - 17:10
First 2 pics are in the 'Your Photos" forum

Hopefully more will follow

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.