Another pointless thread

Hardgravity

Link Posted 13/09/2022 - 09:35
Just back from a week in France, a very sureal week at that!

The Queen had died while we were there, flags everywhere were at half mast and locals all offered their condolances over our nation's loss.

It shows that, despite a bungling government and issolationist self harm, there's still something the EU values in the UK.

HG
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 14/09/2022 - 01:00
After Biden ordered all flags to be flown at half mast, the Union Flag projected onto the Brandenburg Gate and onto the side of the Matterhorn one has to ask, is there any other person in the world who would receive such reverence?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

RobL

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 09:21
Yesterday I went with Mrs RobL for her COVID booster, and they said they might as well do me at the same time. Result: we both feel like s**t today after a sleepless night, so neither can nurse the other which was bad planning. And having bought a ticket for The Photography Show the only day I have free to go now is Sunday, so just 48 hours to feel tickety-boo. Next door’s endless building works doesn’t help my headache either with a JCB dropping huge lumps of concrete into a lorry from 7.15 this morning. So as you might gather I am feeling thoroughly miserable and sorry for myself.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 10:08
The usual recommendation in this thread for ridding oneself of misery and sorrow is based on alcohol. But that might not be very sensible in the presence of a headache . Presumably you've tried paracetamol or similar?

And now misery has been mentioned, I've just spent 2 miserable days preparing then painting the kitchen ceiling. The worst room in the house for doing that sort of thing. I looked at it this morning, it looked good, I felt happy. Then the awful thought hit me that the rest of the room was waiting to be done. Misery rears its head again...

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 16:25
Ah the pleasure of decorating..

...done far too much out in Lancs at Honesty's house, and there's still plenty to do, still...

...off for a couple of days with my second favourite girl, Nina's taking me to Dumfries and Galloway for a short break and I'm looking forward too it.

Oh, and this is Nina..

HG
Cheers, HG

Lubbyman

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 16:36
Just been to get some paint for the kitchen. Chosen by Mrs L as I have no taste when it comes to home decor (or so I'm told). She chose a colour which is remarkably close to what it's replacing, so either our (her) taste was impeccable and has remained so or imagination is lacking. The new colour is called 'Blissful Blue'. I asked the nice lady behind the counter who mixed the paint if she would put in an extra dose of bliss, just for me. She says she did. We'll see...

Steve

vic cross

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 16:37
Hi. Rob. Covid jabs. A piece of cake. My 5th one was a bit uncomfortable but I'll be having my 6th one in the next couple of weeks. Sheila because of her age will have her 5th one.
Us Geordies are a tough lot.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/09/2022 - 17:49
vic cross wrote:
Hi. Rob. Covid jabs. A piece of cake. My 5th one was a bit uncomfortable but I'll be having my 6th one in the next couple of weeks. Sheila because of her age will have her 5th one.
Us Geordies are a tough lot.
CHEERS Vic.

It's all that Newcy brown...
Cheers, HG

davidwozhere

Link Posted 18/09/2022 - 00:55
They brew Newcastle Brown in LUTON these days. It says so on the bottle !!

Hardgravity

Link Posted 26/09/2022 - 19:19
davidwozhere wrote:
They brew Newcastle Brown in LUTON these days. It says so on the bottle !!

Hmm, doesn't sound the same, "Luton Brown"...

probably doesn't taste the same either..

..like "Tetley Bitter" now brewed down south, not in Leeds, what next, London Pride brewed in Cardiff?

I'll stick to Saltaire Brewery at least that's brewed in Shipley..

...a suburb of Saltaire...

HG
Cheers, HG

davidwozhere

Link Posted 26/09/2022 - 22:41
The continentals probably have an excellent point regarding their beer 'purity' laws. The way UK brews are carted about the country, yet still purport to retain their original characters, makes you wonder what sort of muck the brewers are using to adjust the flavours. My daughter is a flavourist and she says you can imitate almost any taste by getting the chemistry right. (She is responsible for a great many of the ice cream tastes we currently enjoy).

Lubbyman

Link Posted 26/09/2022 - 23:28
What I've never been able to understand is why crisps never taste like what it says on the packet. Did whoever named prawn cocktail or flame grilled steak crisps, to give just two examples, not bother to find out what the real thing tastes like?

Steve

johnriley

Link Posted 26/09/2022 - 23:43
The now discontinued Brannigans were the ones! The mustard ones (were they with beef or ham?) would knock your head off with flavour, terrific! Then there was Canadian Ham....and they don't make them any more.
Best regards, John

K10D

Link Posted 01/10/2022 - 07:48
Still doing the calculations to determine cost of recharging camera and flash batteries. Cost impact may influence how many spare batteries I have with me.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/10/2022 - 08:31
Windmill. A portable windmill. With mini-generator attached. Clip it to your car/motor bike/bicycle/hat, charge your batteries when you're out and about. Problem solved .

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.