Another pointless thread

pschlute

Link Posted 18/02/2022 - 21:37
Very windy day down here in Surrey today. I moved my car to the station car park this morning as we have a lot of trees around us. Wise move ........

I brought it back around 5 O'clock when the wind had died down. Just looked out and saw a near miss !

Peter

My Flickr page

Mike-P

Link Posted 18/02/2022 - 21:49
Today I watched our back fence uproot and launch itself kamikaze style into a neighbour's car.

No photos unfortunately.
. My Flickr

womble

Link Posted 18/02/2022 - 22:02
Part of ours just blew down but thankfully not hitting anything. My motorcycle blew over though, thankfully onto the grass verge embedding the handlebar into the mud.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 18/02/2022 - 22:32
Visiting family in the north of Scotland this week means we missed the wind and had much heavy snow instead.

A normally two hour journey from near Aviemore to the Aberdeenshire coast took over six hours due the conditions. We were stationary for several hours on the A96 with horizontal snow, when an ambulance that was alongside us suddenly lit up the blue lights and sirens. It struggled to get through the traffic that could nearly move but people did their best to assist. We later learnt that they had a very young child onboard who had breathing difficulties.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-60439389

Thankfully the wee one made it to hospital and is stable.
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 19/02/2022 - 14:33
Sorry for your loss Steve, I still remember George, my old ginger tom, it's over 3 years now and I still think he'll come for a hug.

On a brighter note, Rupert is stuck under a chair...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 19/02/2022 - 14:41
We bought a Roomba Robot 12 months ago, he's called Rupert, and if that's artificial intelligence then we've nothing to worry about..
Cheers, HG

Last Edited by Hardgravity on 19/02/2022 - 14:41

LongTimeLurker

Link Posted 20/02/2022 - 17:32
Just make sure you don’t leave the front door open.

link
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 21/02/2022 - 07:56
No worries there, he hates steps.
Cheers, HG

pschlute

Link Posted 01/03/2022 - 18:17
This subject is not relevant to photography, but is relevant to me as a human being living on this planet.

My disgust at the government of Russia for the murder they are committing on the peaceful people of Ukraine holds no bounds. The world will never forgive them for this.

This is not a question of politics, which is generally frowned upon in online forums (for good reasons), but a question of humanity and morals.

Peter

My Flickr page

LennyBloke

Link Posted 01/03/2022 - 19:53
pschlute wrote:
This subject is not relevant to photography, but is relevant to me as a human being living on this planet.

My disgust at the government of Russia for the murder they are committing on the peaceful people of Ukraine holds no bounds. The world will never forgive them for this.

This is not a question of politics, which is generally frowned upon in online forums (for good reasons), but a question of humanity and morals.

So well said Peter - these events put our little worries into proper perspective, really hope for a peaceful and swift conclusion to this - for the sake of everyone!
LennyBloke

K10D

Link Posted 01/03/2022 - 20:54
Off to Jessop's at Leeds tomorrow. Could be a pointless trip but there other camera shops there.........

Lubbyman

Link Posted 01/03/2022 - 21:02
Something a national leader said sometime in the last few days reminded me of that great, hilarious, albeit terrifying, Peter Sellers film 'Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb'....

Steve

pschlute

Link Posted 01/03/2022 - 21:59
Sadly, although we are part of the laergest military defence union the world has ever seen, we are helpless as a madman murders civilians and destroys a country of 40 million people.

I say we call his bluff,...... well aware that it may be the end of us.
Peter

My Flickr page

Flan

Link Posted 01/03/2022 - 23:49
it is an awful situation that ordinary people are facing
Putoon is finished no matter what course or path he walks after this.
The senior officials in Russia are not blind (i would think and hope)
This theatre we are witnessing , albeit a crazy one (WEF globalists have a lot to answer for creating this reaction) probably has an end ,That hopefully is not the destruction of what is Europe.
My hopes and prayers are with the innocent people caught up in all this, even though this could possibly spread further West by the reactions recently

Lubbyman

Link Posted 02/03/2022 - 09:03
My 6 year old grand-daughter asked a profound question yesterday. Her mum was showing her on a map that Ukraine and Russia are a long way from the UK (to reassure her that nasty things weren't soon going to happen to her). She looked at the map and said "Mr. Putin has got lots of land. Why does he want any more?". Since then, she has donated a couple of her dolls to Ukrainian refugee children because "they won't have anything to play with".

Perhaps if so-called grown-ups listened to children, the world would be a better place.

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.