Another pointless thread

bforbes

Link Posted 13/02/2022 - 19:38
Lubbyman wrote:
When Terry Jones (ex-Python) died in 2020, I bought a can of Spam to commemorate the occasion. The intention was to eat it for a meal when Mrs L. wasn't around (Spam and Mrs L. definitely do not go together). Covid and Mrs L's ailments meant that 2 years passed and the Spam was still on the shelf. But yesterday, Mrs L. went out to lunch with a friend, leaving me to fend for myself. So it was time for a Python meal: Spam, Spam, eggs, Spam, beans, Spam, eggs and Spam. Magnificent!!

How's that, Barrie??

Steve

You can get too much spam, I do
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

womble

Link Posted 13/02/2022 - 20:28
Lubbyman wrote:
When Terry Jones (ex-Python) died in 2020, I bought a can of Spam to commemorate the occasion. The intention was to eat it for a meal when Mrs L. wasn't around (Spam and Mrs L. definitely do not go together). Covid and Mrs L's ailments meant that 2 years passed and the Spam was still on the shelf. But yesterday, Mrs L. went out to lunch with a friend, leaving me to fend for myself. So it was time for a Python meal: Spam, Spam, eggs, Spam, beans, Spam, eggs and Spam. Magnificent!!

How's that, Barrie??

Steve

I was one of the "experts" in one of Terry Jones' documentaries. Spent five great days being driven around Transylvania with him.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

K10D

Link Posted 13/02/2022 - 20:35
womble wrote:
I was one of the "experts" in one of Terry Jones' documentaries. Spent five great days being driven around Transylvania with him.

Did you meet any Spampires

womble

Link Posted 13/02/2022 - 22:55
K10D wrote:
womble wrote:

Which one is the big groan emoji?
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

K10D

Link Posted 14/02/2022 - 08:58
womble wrote:
K10D wrote:
Quote:

Which one is the big groan emoji?

I knew when I posted, it was going south.

So I apply self critique

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/02/2022 - 12:34
Nearly 2 hours to put a wooden potting bench together - it's all very well having power tools but if they are too big to squeeze into the places that need screwing you have to rely on the good old scraped knuckles routine with a manual screwdriver - I'm not built for DIY
LennyBloke

Aitch53

Link Posted 16/02/2022 - 13:12
LennyBloke wrote:
Nearly 2 hours to put a wooden potting bench together - it's all very well having power tools but if they are too big to squeeze into the places that need screwing you have to rely on the good old scraped knuckles routine with a manual screwdriver - I'm not built for DIY

Have you considered one of these (or something similar)?
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 16/02/2022 - 13:18
Aitch53 wrote:
LennyBloke wrote:

I hadn't Steve - but at that price it's now in my Amazon basket - thanks for the tip
LennyBloke

Aitch53

Link Posted 16/02/2022 - 16:51
LennyBloke wrote:
Aitch53 wrote:
Quote:

I hadn't Steve - but at that price it's now in my Amazon basket - thanks for the tip

No problem. However, at that price the quality may not be the best - versions are available at prices up to about £40 that look more robust. Well, they would do, wouldn't they?
SteveH!

Some people call me 'strange'.
I prefer 'unconventional'.
But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 17/02/2022 - 13:41
Oh dear. Our dog went peaceably to the Great Kennel In The Sky this morning. She was 15 years old, so a good age. Spent half the morning clearing doggy paraphernalia so it isn't staring at us every time we walk into a room. A sleepless night tending to a dog in terminal decline is now catching up on me...

Steve

LennyBloke

Link Posted 17/02/2022 - 13:51
So Sorry Steve
LennyBloke

OldTaffy

Link Posted 17/02/2022 - 15:37
A sad loss. We go on remembering, and missing them for years afterwards.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

womble

Link Posted 17/02/2022 - 18:34
Sorry to hear that Steve. My condolences.
Kris Lockyear

My website

takuman

Link Posted 17/02/2022 - 19:03
We feel your loss. Plenty of photographs I am sure, which in turn will bring back memories of happy times together. Regards John
Just passing thru

pschlute

Link Posted 17/02/2022 - 20:12
Lubbyman wrote:
Oh dear. Our dog went peaceably to the Great Kennel In The Sky this morning. She was 15 years old, so a good age. Spent half the morning clearing doggy paraphernalia so it isn't staring at us every time we walk into a room. A sleepless night tending to a dog in terminal decline is now catching up on me...

Steve

Oh Steve, so very sorry for you.
Peter

My Flickr page
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.