Another pointless thread

RobL

Link Posted 09/02/2021 - 19:29
Received the COVID jab yesterday and had the worst night, I couldn’t stop shivering despite extra blankets, and not a wink of sleep. Mrs RobL of course had no symptoms whatsoever.

OldTaffy

Link Posted 10/02/2021 - 15:17
RobL wrote:
Received the COVID jab yesterday and had the worst night, I couldn’t stop shivering despite extra blankets, and not a wink of sleep. Mrs RobL of course had no symptoms whatsoever.

Do you think you might have had a symptomless infection some while ago? A friend told me months ago that he had suffered loss of taste & smell - now recognised as one of the symptoms. After he had his Astrazeneca injection a couple of weeks ago he suffered as you have described - while his wife was unaffected.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/02/2021 - 17:09
From clinical trials (it's on Gov.uk):
Pfizer- Injection-site pain; fatigue; chills; pyrexia (high temperature/fever) were 'very common' side effects (more than 1 in 10 get one or more).
Astra-Zenecca - Injection site tenderness, injection site pain, injection site warmth, injection site erythema, injection site pruritus, injection site swelling, injection site bruising, fatigue, malaise, pyrexia (high temperature/fever), chills were 'very common' side effects (more than 1 in 10 got one or more).

You're not unusual, RobL. In fact, you seem to be very common .

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 10/02/2021 - 17:31
Old Taffy, if I had had an infection I can guarantee there would have been symptoms! I happened to check my blood pressure that night and it was through the roof! All I have now is a slightly sore arm so all good.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 11/02/2021 - 11:23
Good to hear you're feeling better Rob, does the second jab have any side effects?
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

RobL

Link Posted 11/02/2021 - 17:01
Probably. I saw my GP today and he said a lot of people had reported side effects.

gtis

Link Posted 11/02/2021 - 21:25
Hi
I had my corvid jab today no problems yet
Fingers cross
Neil
cheers Neil
pentax k3 k5 super A
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 af 360 fgz pentax1.4xhd converter
sigma 17-70

Panasonic Dmc Fz200

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 11:57
Does anyone else have a double glazed window that howls like a banshee when the wind blows full on? It's in our bedroom, not much fun at 3am, particularly when you were reading a Terry Pratchett book last night that features a banshee which screams "OOOeeeOOOeeeOOOeee".

Can it be stopped (without using an exorcist)?

Steve

PRYorkshire

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 12:07
Lubbyman wrote:
Does anyone else have a double glazed window that howls like a banshee when the wind blows full on? It's in our bedroom, not much fun at 3am, particularly when you were reading a Terry Pratchett book last night that features a banshee which screams "OOOeeeOOOeeeOOOeee".

Steve

Our dining room window did this and I checked all the rubber seals on the openers and couldn't stop it. Finally spotted that the mastic between the top of the frame and brickwork was not firmly adhered. Dug it out and resealed with new mastic and no more howling.
Paul

K1000, istD, K70
Last Edited by PRYorkshire on 12/02/2021 - 12:08

Benz3ne

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 12:13
Lubbyman wrote:

Steve

Yup - bedroom window but only when it's REALLY blowing a gale (which is usually up or down the hill anyway and not at the house).
Typically a seals issue. Had it worse in our old house but we were selling up anyway so didn't address.

barkin

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 14:48
gtis wrote:
Hi
I had my corvid jab today

Okay, okay. No need to crow about it...

Lubbyman

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 15:09
PRYorkshire wrote:

Our dining room window did this and I checked all the rubber seals on the openers and couldn't stop it. Finally spotted that the mastic between the top of the frame and brickwork was not firmly adhered. Dug it out and resealed with new mastic and no more howling.

Benz3ne wrote:
Typically a seals issue.

That was a quick response! Thanks. I'd checked the internal seals and couldn't see a problem, also the external seals looked OK through the glass, hence asking the question. Can't check the mastic until the wind and temperature are suitable for getting the ladder out.

But thanks to the mastic suggestion, I can now see that the cause might be a gap (couple of mm) between two tiles that are part of the external window ledge. Should be mortar in the gap but most of it has gone (or perhaps was never there...). Only one way to find out, and that involves a ladder and a tube of goo... then waiting for a strong easterly.

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 15:49
It's a mastic problem. Been there, sealed it.

Chrism8

Link Posted 12/02/2021 - 16:21
If you don't wish to use mastic or silicone, Fischer make a product called Express Cement available in Sand or Grey, its basically mortar in a 310ml tube, use a normal caulking gun as you would with a tube of silicane.

Available from Wickes or Toolstation

Chris
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax FA 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8,

K5iis - Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Sigma 70 - 300 F3.5/F5.6, Sigma 18 - 200 F3.6 / F4.5.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 13/02/2021 - 00:54
I thought Pratchett's banshee popped a note under the door because it was too shy to go OOeeOww?
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.