Another pointless thread

RobL

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 08:22
Those who won’t have the vaccine should be shamed, like those refusing a mask and idiots who claim it is an elaborate hoax; they will be responsible for putting everyone else at risk by keeping the virus active. They are relying on the rest of us to develop herd immunity to protect themselves but that will take far longer to achieve as a result.

Meanwhile in America we watch their much vaunted freedom and democracy crumble under mob rule. I am sure I recall DT say once that if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it, and he is very skilled at planting the seeds from the outset with allegations of fake news and then of election fraud months beforehand until it becomes such a complex web of deceit that the people find it hard to distinguish truth from reality. The problem is he started to believe it himself. I doubt if it will ever be the same there again, or were there always those arming themselves to be ready for the call?

K10D

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 08:46
By the response above, it looks like a resounding yes, to attend when called. Good to hear.

I did look at the two links on the UK Gov site. The UK Gov still also say that its not a High Consequence Infectious Disease link

Worth looking at what defines a HCID in the page.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 10:10
RobL wrote:
I am sure I recall DT say once that if you repeat a lie often enough people will believe it

Perhaps he did. But the quote is attributed to a Dr Joseph Goebbels. Cognitive psychologists have given it a name - the "illusory truth effect” - and studied it in psychology experiments. Very important in advertising as well as politics. You know how it goes, keep repeating that a certain camera brand is no good at something and people come to believe it...

Re Covid-19 not being a High Consequence Infectious Disease, thank goodness the chance of dying if you catch it isn't as high as ebola... Doesn't mean it isn't a very bad disease though. And, of course, the death rate would be much higher if the NHS couldn't cope with the number of people needing hospital treatment .

Keep away from other people, folks, and don't believe everything a politician, advertiser or web reviewer says - particularly if they keep repeating it without evidence!

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 07/01/2021 - 19:44
Lubbyman wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="RobL"and don't believe everything a politician, advertiser or web reviewer says - particularly if they keep repeating it without evidence!

Steve

And I was going g to get a left handed camera...

Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 08:43
Hardgravity wrote:
And I was going g to get a left handed camera...

Does it need left handed lenses? A big new opportunity for LBA...

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 08:54
Never seen a cuddy camera body until now.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 09:52
I think it's a Russian/Chinese firm, Xatnep certainly sounds it, and the text is...
Cheers, HG

Last Edited by Hardgravity on 08/01/2021 - 09:53

Lubbyman

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 15:00
Daughter in Harrogate is walking home from work (a GP). A big fall of snow means her car is stuck in the car park. Roads are gridlocked. And all we have now in the south is mud.

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 16:25
A splattering of snow here with temperatures heading to -3 overnight. It's rained all day, then sleet, then snow and tomorrow will be interesting.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 08/01/2021 - 17:23
We've a covering of snow, and are looking to -2 overnight.

The roads in the morning will be like glass, I'm just so glad I don't have to go out..
Cheers, HG

davidwozhere

Link Posted 09/01/2021 - 01:40
I tried to start the car. All that happened was a clicking noise. It's hard removing the battery with frozen hands!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 10/01/2021 - 15:14
The weather has made me get an old bike out of the cellar and set it up on a turbo trainer.

There's no way I'm going out on my bike in these conditions, mud, snow and rain/sleet/snow aren't my favourite conditions so..

..spare bedroom cycling infront of a video from a ride last year will have to do.
Cheers, HG

cbrog

Link Posted 10/01/2021 - 15:48
Got my Pfizer jab this morning At 9.am, minus three degrees and thick freezing fog. I definitely was not going to turn it down though.

Roger

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/01/2021 - 16:48
cbrog wrote:
Got my Pfizer jab this morning ... minus three degrees

A bit warm for the Pfizer stuff??

Almost 14 million to go before I get my jab. Keep the queue moving, folks!

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 11/01/2021 - 05:19
New year, new schedule. Vehicle packed and a copy of the hotel booking as evidence of client involvement in case plod asks why I'm on the roads. Odd how this developing new order has killed off enormous area's of business and other area's don't have enough resources to meet the rising demand.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.