Another pointless thread

K10D

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 12:38
pschlute wrote:
Best not to spread wrong information on subjects like these. A very large percentage of the public are not well read, and are likely to accept your kind of statements as fact.

I wasn't going to respond to this Peter but awarding me title to the "statement" is totally unacceptable since I copied and pasted from a national newspaper source.

The news is now heavy with the same issues of vaccine timing and even mix & match of different vaccines.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 14:10
When I was young, my father would say "When you're my age, son, you'll see things my way". One of the great days of teenage life was when I realised that there were people of his age who didn't see things his way. Then I went to university and discovered that fact and truth can be elusive, much so-called 'fact' is really only opinion or 'best guess so far' and if anything really matters it is worth questioning, checking and seeing whether it stands up to sceptical scrutiny. In later life, I realised that this was a minority view and I would just have to get on with living with people who didn't see things my way...

Make of that what you will.

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 15:12
I think I see what you mean..

...but...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

RobL

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 15:13
Or as Donald Rumsfeld said: "...as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."

K10D

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 15:36
I would if I could but I can't so I shan't.......

bforbes

Link Posted 02/01/2021 - 22:33
Gwyn wrote:
Happy new year everyone.
Taking a break now.

Illegitimi non carborundum
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Hardgravity

Link Posted 03/01/2021 - 10:40
Just been out to the wood store (remember That?) and I think we may need to order some more wood.

Luckily the coal bin is full.
Cheers, HG

RobL

Link Posted 03/01/2021 - 13:07
The decorations are back in the loft and the musical Santa is in his box for another year. I swear there are more every year!

Lubbyman

Link Posted 03/01/2021 - 14:24
Still watering the Christmas tree. Never had one that's sucked up so much water. Hardly any needle drop, though, even though it's a traditional Norwegian spruce, not one of those new-fangled fancy types.

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 03/01/2021 - 15:47
Lubbyman wrote:
Still watering the Christmas tree. Never had one that's sucked up so much water. Hardly any needle drop, though, even though it's a traditional Norwegian spruce, not one of those new-fangled fancy types.

Steve

Mine never needs watering - just pack it away for next year!

womble

Link Posted 03/01/2021 - 18:35
I take mine down on Jan 6th after a party (usually). This year it'll be a zoom meeting...
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Benz3ne

Link Posted 03/01/2021 - 20:20
I’m in exactly the same boat as Rob, false tree (had it 5 years already) and packed away as of this evening along with the rest of the decorations. Job done. Work tomorrow.
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 03/01/2021 - 20:20

jeallen01

Link Posted 03/01/2021 - 20:39
When Christmas here was put into Lockdown, we decided not to get the false tree (had ours at least 10 yrs) and decorations down from the attic - just too much hassle!

PS: our "tree" has a motor in the base which runs through a sequence of optical fibre links to make the LED's in the "branches" change colour - that motor was supplied from a mains transformer in a very small box and that transformer often overheated and then shut down until it had been OFF for a time and cooled down!

Finally decided to, and did, mount the transformer in a much larger, and ventilated, box with small fans to suck cooler air in and blow the warmed air out again - it has never overheated and shut down again!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 03/01/2021 - 20:55

davidwozhere

Link Posted 04/01/2021 - 00:24
Ours sits in the front porch. It's a real one that has had successively bigger pots so that now, when we return it to the back garden we have to heave it onto a heavy duty four wheeled trolley (used for for moving pianos).
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 04/01/2021 - 08:07
We've not had a tree for several years now, real or plastic.

We trim up the dresser and save space for extra seating when everyboby comes around.

I'm with Kris, the decorations are coming down on Wednesday.
Cheers, HG

Last Edited by Hardgravity on 04/01/2021 - 08:07
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.