Another pointless thread

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/01/2021 - 10:39
K10D wrote:
Odd how this developing new order has killed off enormous area's of business and other area's don't have enough resources to meet the rising demand.

Such things happen. What did all the farriers and stable hands do when the infernal combustion engine replaced horse power? Saw somewhere that the same thing happened at the end of the Bronze Age. Makers of bronze things went out of business, shortage of makers of iron things.

Steve

K10D

Link Posted 11/01/2021 - 12:23
Lubbyman wrote:
K10D wrote:
Odd how this developing new order has killed off enormous area's of business and other area's don't have enough resources to meet the rising demand.

Such things happen. What did all the farriers and stable hands do when the infernal combustion engine replaced horse power? Saw somewhere that the same thing happened at the end of the Bronze Age. Makers of bronze things went out of business, shortage of makers of iron things.

Steve

Quite true Steve, I wasn't thinking that far back this morning! VERY busy roads this morning around York.

bforbes

Link Posted 11/01/2021 - 12:40
K10D wrote:
Lubbyman wrote:
Quote:

Steve

Quite true Steve, I wasn't thinking that far back this morning! VERY busy roads this morning around York.

people still need their chocolate!
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

Hardgravity

Link Posted 13/01/2021 - 09:36
bforbes wrote:
people still need their chocolate!

And beer Barrie,, don't forget the beer..

..and Gin...

...and Whisky, I think I need to stop now.

For a drink, of coffee...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

womble

Link Posted 13/01/2021 - 10:57
Hardgravity wrote:
For a drink, of coffee...

It seems as though every other person I pass out walking is holding on to a coffee cup at the moment.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

Lubbyman

Link Posted 13/01/2021 - 11:38
womble wrote:
It seems as though every other person I pass out walking is holding on to a coffee cup at the moment.

It keeps the hands warm. Personally, I prefer gloves. You can't spill gloves.

Steve

Hardgravity

Link Posted 13/01/2021 - 15:10
womble wrote:

But WHERE are they getting them?

Just before lockdown/3 we were on a canal towpath and there were Costa and MacD cups, but the nearest outlets were miles away!!!
Cheers, HG

K10D

Link Posted 13/01/2021 - 21:35
Spending the remains of today, my birthday, drinking an Ausie red, listening to Leningrad (Storm Front).

bforbes

Link Posted 13/01/2021 - 21:58
K10D wrote:
Spending the remains of today, my birthday, drinking an Ausie red, listening to Leningrad (Storm Front).

Many happy returns
Following a mistaken identity in the fridge I'm drinking Bourbon and Burdock
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

K10D

Link Posted 14/01/2021 - 07:51
bforbes wrote:
Following a mistaken identity in the fridge I'm drinking Bourbon and Burdock

I've often missed and taken other things. Normally my foot or a blurry floor.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 14/01/2021 - 07:57
K10D wrote:

Penblwydd Hapus - happy birthday! That sounds like a winning combination to me.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/01/2021 - 21:57
Anyone see the Channel 5 Natural History Museum programme tonight? Narrated by a forum member I believe
LennyBloke

K10D

Link Posted 15/01/2021 - 07:26
LennyBloke wrote:
Anyone see the Channel 5 Natural History Museum programme tonight? Narrated by a forum member I believe

Not guilty.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 16/01/2021 - 01:05
Cor. Good on yer Bill !
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 16/01/2021 - 11:08
Is it me, or are EBay prices a lot higher than they were before Christmas and UK'Freedom'?

I know they fluctuate through the year but...
Cheers, HG

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.