Another pointless thread

Hardgravity

Link Posted 19/08/2019 - 20:24
pschlute wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="RobL"]

then a picture of a tortoise at one end and a hare at the other. So Japanese.

At least the symbols are easy to understand...

....they could've been in Mandarin script

Automatics aren't my personal choice but I have driven them and cab see the atraction for some.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 29/08/2019 - 23:11
While cycling along the Leeds Liverpool canal yesterday, just outside Leeds, we had the pleasure of seeing a Great White Egret.

It stood and watched us pass only a metre or so away.

What an honour.
Cheers, HG

bforbes

Link Posted 29/08/2019 - 23:29
I knew they were migrating north due to the warming oceans, but I thought the Leeds Liverpool canal was a bit narrow for such a large predator. Then I read "Egret"
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Hardgravity

Link Posted 30/08/2019 - 20:47
Considering that the Egret is the same size as a Grey Heron I'm impressed how they fly along a narrow(ish) canal.

I suppose a larger raptor would struggle, and the fish wouldn't be big enough to support...
Cheers, HG

Last Edited by Hardgravity on 30/08/2019 - 20:48

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/09/2019 - 21:03
Currently in the Pyrenees having been over three Cols today. Lots of cyclists but not so many motorbikes. Saw a British registered old Triumph next to an old BSA at Col d'Aspin.
Time to turn north again now.

RobL

Link Posted 14/09/2019 - 19:38
Hereís a tip for the male chefs out there: after chopping up chilli peppers donít scratch your nether regions afterwards. Aaaargh!

K10D

Link Posted 14/09/2019 - 20:59
dose liberally with methylated spirits
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

RobL

Link Posted 15/09/2019 - 00:17
K10D wrote:
dose liberally with methylated spirits

Are you sure? I just grabbed the nearest tube of cream, I think it was moisturiser! Did the trick though.

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/09/2019 - 11:00
Next time wear gloves, or rub oil on your hands then wash them. Soap and water isn't enough.

If your finished dish is too hot then drink milk or have a piece of chocolate. Beer or water has no effect.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 16/09/2019 - 12:05
Gwyn wrote:
Next time wear gloves, or rub oil on your hands then wash them. Soap and water isn't enough.

If your finished dish is too hot then drink milk or have a piece of chocolate. Beer or water has no effect.

Milk only really works beforehand by coating the inside of the mouth.
Sugar is good to rid any residual burning, hence the chocolate. Also capsaicin is alkali so anything acidic would likely help (not that I recommend chugging vinegar).

RobL

Link Posted 16/09/2019 - 14:15
Thanks folks, I was given the chillies by a friend who grew them on an allotment; they were quite small so I livened up a prawn risotto with two. The consensus was one would have been enough! I still have a few left the family are delighted to hear. Gloves sounds a good plan Gwyn.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 24/09/2019 - 19:34
Well, it's off to the med again in a few days.

I missed a couple of Cols so am going back to 'tick them off'

Cheers, HG

Gwyn

Link Posted 24/09/2019 - 21:56
We've just come back from Col collecting. After the Pyrenees we planned to head east to the Alps, via Mt Ventoux, but sadly that was a Col too far for poor Ruby the campervan. A hot (36C) busy Sunday was all too much for her. A warning light came on saying Engine Malfunction, and she lost power. Given we have the dodgy Ford Engine that tends to blow up we were worried. We made it to a pull out and stopped. Decided to turn if we could and head down hoping not to lose power and brakes on the way.
After a very dodgy U turn we made it down safely. Skipped collecting any Alpine Cols though.
She coped well with lesser mountains and steep climbs in the Vosges and Black Forest after that when it was cooler
Have a good, and a safe trip! Add the Black Forest to your wish list if you haven't already been!

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 25/09/2019 - 22:31
Been a long time since I was in the Pyrenees. Lovely neck of the woods
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Hardgravity

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 08:59
Funny that Gwyn, Mt Ventoux will be the start proper, then on around the Luberon for a day or two before heading northish and going over Col de la Bonnette.

All being well I'll get the Cime de Bonnette as well, then on to the wife and a week in Menton via Col de Turini.
Cheers, HG

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.