Another pointless thread

Gwyn

Link Posted 27/09/2019 - 13:17
Sounds like a good trip. I hope the weather is kind to you. You will enjoy Col de la Bonette. We did it a couple of years ago.

Ruby is in for repairs now. Price has gone up as they have found more wrong with her. I think she may have to go after this .

Lubbyman

Link Posted 10/10/2019 - 19:33
Not much happening here - is pointlessness out of fashion now?

Got a bit of pointlessness in the garden. The spineless (pointless?) blackberry is flowering for the second time this year, this time on new growth that shouldn't flower until next year.

Totally pointless, no possibility of producing fruit and too low down for it to contribute aesthetically. It does, however, set a new record for early flowering, beating the pear blossom on Christmas Day 2015. A sign of climate change getting worse??

Anything strange and pointless going on in your garden?

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 11/10/2019 - 07:32
Should my cyclamens be flowering now?

Gwyn

Link Posted 11/10/2019 - 08:41
RobL wrote:
Should my cyclamens be flowering now?

yes.

Gwyn

Link Posted 15/10/2019 - 21:42
How's this for pointlessness? My birthday yesterday. Presents zero. Cards from my brothers, but not from my sons. His Nibs forgot all about it.
Kind of sums up my life right now.

Lubbyman

Link Posted 15/10/2019 - 23:08
What a miserable bunch of relatives! At least you can claim the moral high ground and they have the guilt. And since giving presents isn't on their agenda, you are fully entitled to treat yourself to whatever you want - even a shiny new camera or lens...

Steve

RobL

Link Posted 16/10/2019 - 07:55
That’s very sad to hear Gwyn, did no-one twig when the cards arrived? Not even the pretence that the Amazon surprise delivery was late? It sounds like some serious grovelling is in order.

Benz3ne

Link Posted 16/10/2019 - 09:08
Gwyn wrote:
How's this for pointlessness? My birthday yesterday. Presents zero. Cards from my brothers, but not from my sons. His Nibs forgot all about it.
Kind of sums up my life right now.

Though no real consolation, penblwydd hapus am ddeudydd yn ôl, Gwyn!
Last Edited by Benz3ne on 16/10/2019 - 09:10

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/10/2019 - 11:36
Diolch Benz3ne.

Much as I'd like to treat myslef to something shiny and new as compensation I am saving for the new camera, whatever it may be and whenever it may appear, so I won't.

His Nibs didn't even buy a bunch of petrol station flowers . Youngest son whatsapped today to say sorry he forgot, he is travelling for work and was flying all day Monday and jet lagged and busy yesterday. Fair enough.

RobL

Link Posted 16/10/2019 - 12:35
Gwyn wrote:
Diolch Benz3ne.

Much as I'd like to treat myslef to something shiny and new as compensation I am saving for the new camera, whatever it may be and whenever it may appear, so I won't.

His Nibs didn't even buy a bunch of petrol station flowers . Youngest son whatsapped today to say sorry he forgot, he is travelling for work and was flying all day Monday and jet lagged and busy yesterday. Fair enough.

Tell them to set up a calendar reminder on their phones!

RobL

Link Posted 16/10/2019 - 12:49
I downloaded software onto my desktop which searches and removes duplicated files which seemed a good idea at the time; however it dumped ALL my backup files including work emails into the trash bin, not the whole folders, even though the originals are on a separate hard drive so I am now laboriously transferring each file back to their original location. The other problem is that even if I disconnect my separate hard drive the software still “remembers” the files it dumped before and if I run it again it just repeats the process. Even worse I paid for it!

Gwyn

Link Posted 16/10/2019 - 14:38
Sounds like a pain! Not quiteas bad as both my back up drive and my computer failing within days of each other, before I could get a new backup drive and backup, but close. Luckily the photos were on another smaller drive as well, but I lost everything else.
Good luck with sorting it out. they say patience is a virtue!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.