Exclusive Offer: Save 40% On EaseUS Data Recovery Software

Another pointless thread


Algernon

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 16:47
There was one on the radio (that's AKA wireless) the other day who didn't know what a CD was

I like this job interview .....

https://youtu.be/Uo0KjdDJr1c


---
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

jeallen01

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 18:12
Gwyn wrote:
Jeans are the worst when cold and wet.

As a schoolgirl I had to wear skirts and white cotton socks. Not even woolly ones were allowed for us. The boys at least got to wear long grey woolly socks in winter, but we had to wear short white ones which soon got filthy and were a nightmare to wash. We weren't even allowed wellies or anything but the designated pug ugly Clarks shoes either.
Ah the good old days .

And there's me thinking that all that subcutaneous fat that females are reputed to have does keep them warm - and, having seen videos on the telly of teenage girls out on freezing Friday nights with bare shoulders and short skirts, I'm inclined to believe that (or else they've drunk an awful lot of gin before "going out") !
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 25/01/2019 - 18:14

K10D

Link Posted 26/01/2019 - 18:43
jeallen01 wrote:
And there's me thinking that all that subcutaneous fat that females are reputed to have does keep them warm - and, having seen videos on the telly of teenage girls out on freezing Friday nights with bare shoulders and short skirts, I'm inclined to believe that (or else they've drunk an awful lot of gin before "going out") !

Hmmmm...... Subcutaneous low temperature tolerant, shoulder baring alcoholic females?

Maybe lock your bedroom door tonight.
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Algernon

Link Posted 26/01/2019 - 19:28
90% of their bodyheat is lost through their heads ....... as long as they wear a flat cap they'll be reet


--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

jeallen01

Link Posted 26/01/2019 - 20:50
K10D wrote:
jeallen01 wrote:
And there's me thinking that all that subcutaneous fat that females are reputed to have does keep them warm - and, having seen videos on the telly of teenage girls out on freezing Friday nights with bare shoulders and short skirts, I'm inclined to believe that (or else they've drunk an awful lot of gin before "going out") !

Hmmmm...... Subcutaneous low temperature tolerant, shoulder baring alcoholic females?

Maybe lock your bedroom door tonight.

I should be so lucky (although SWMBO would vehermently disagree!)
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS

Hardgravity

Link Posted 29/01/2019 - 20:34
Algernon wrote:
Smoke me a kipper skipper I'll be back in time for breakfast!

--

Hmm, a dwarfer eh?

We're awaiting the forecast snow, it's supposed to arrive anytime after midnight so...
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

jeallen01

Link Posted 29/01/2019 - 21:13
Hardgravity wrote:
[quote:3496ace15f="Algernon"]....
We're awaiting the forecast snow, it's supposed to arrive anytime after midnight so...

"Up North" then "God help you" (and get the 4WD out)!

"Down South", then, hopefully, most of us will just have a dusting of snow !

PS: going back about 40 yrs ago, we got a lot more than that!

PPS: Even more snow when I was at Uni in Leeds in around 1967-68 - did "doughnuts" in the snow outside the (absymally cold - I had an attic bedroom where you could see daylight through the gaps around the window !) house in Headingly (in Leeds) and then got soundly "told off" by a neighbour for disturbing everyone around!
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 29/01/2019 - 21:26

Hardgravity

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 06:49
Well I didn't arrive, all we have is a bit of ice and sub zero cold...

...the forecast has moved any snow forward to Friday.

We'll see what happens then.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Gwyn

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 08:43
The sun is shining here. It is 0C but feels colder because of teh breeze.
Snow due later today or tonight depending on which forecast you read.

February 40 years ago it was cold and there was a lot of snow. Thankfully we had returned to the Uk from an 18 month posting in the Netherlands. The snow where we had been living was above the top of the ground floor windows, and up to the top of the cow shed due to the drifts. My middle son was born on February 15th that year so I remember it well.
The other heap of snow was in early 1982, when I was trapped at home with three young kids and DH was driving back from the Netherlands. We lived on a hill in Wantage at the time. Luckily our neighbour had a Defender and went off to get milk (the milkman couldn't get through) and other shopping for everyone in our close. He was a car mechanic and proved to be a star tthat winter!

Keep safe everyone, and be happy you are not in North America right now. Think of poor Don in "Winterpeg" where it is a balmy -32C.

RobL

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 08:51
I canít use my car in this weather because it has frameless doors and the glass freezes to the seals so wonít open. Better half says I should get a more sensible car!

bforbes

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 09:49
RobL wrote:
I canít use my car in this weather because it has frameless doors and the glass freezes to the seals so wonít open. Better half says I should get a more sensible car!

or just wind the windows down
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young
.
Pentax K1 K5-IIS K-01 K20D A50/2 A50/1.7 DA10-17 DA18-250 DA18-135 DA18-55 DA300 DA40 DA50-135 DA50-200 DA55-300 DA70 F35-70 DFA150-450 FA20-35 FA100 FA135 FA35 FA28 FA43 FA50 FA77 K55/1.8 M135/3.5 M200/4 M28/3.5 M28/2.8 M40/2.8 Q 01 02 MX-1 I-10 Sigma 15 24 105 180 8-16 10-20 17-35 17-50/2.8 24-70 400/5.6MF Tamron 70-200/2.8 17/3.5MF 24/2.5MF 28/2.5MF 90/2.5MF


http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

Algernon

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 10:16
I have some very good de-icer for doors ...... I keep it in the glove compartment DAMN!!! I haven't thought that through have I


--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

RobL

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 12:55
bforbes wrote:
RobL wrote:
I canít use my car in this weather because it has frameless doors and the glass freezes to the seals so wonít open. Better half says I should get a more sensible car!

or just wind the windows down

How? Normally the glass drops a centimetre when the door latch is opened to release from the head seal; itís now stuck to the roof. You mean leave the windows open all night? Anyhow with rear wheel drive itís useless on anything slippery, just wonít go up hills, and I donít fancy getting it sandblasted by the gritters and selfish drivers.

RobL

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 13:16
Anyhow, on a different topic, isnít it time we had a ďlatest postĒ? Christmas is long gone.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 21:02
...as is most of our wood!

And the coal's getting low as well

Still, in eight weeks time I'll be able to burn my work uniform
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.