Another pointless thread

derek897

Link Posted 23/01/2019 - 19:30
K10D wrote:
I was walking around in a short sleeved shirt yesterday in Abu Dhabi (plus pants etc.)!

Now that made me laugh
I know what i like, If not always why.

Gwyn

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 18:21
Didn't get above -3 here today but I saw a bloke in shorts and a t-shirt .
I don't think he was from Newcastle...

derek897

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 18:29

I know what i like, If not always why.

K10D

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 18:52
Gwyn wrote:

That's one too many garments for the Newcastle girls who queue outside the nightclubs up there.

I was out early de-icing Mrs K10D's car. Thick, rippled ice on all windows.

I was well wrapped up as it was super chilly around the nether regions.
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

jeallen01

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 20:38
Gwyn wrote:

I see them "everywhere" on cold days (at least they are to me - to me, anything less than 10C is "freezing" for me ) - good luck to him/them (and, frankly, I rather wish that I was one of them and thus able to tolerate "low" temperatures with relative impunity - but I can't )
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 24/01/2019 - 20:39

RobL

Link Posted 24/01/2019 - 22:45
As a lad we had to wear shorts all weathers, only allowed in proper trousers in sixth form! Can you imagine that today! Oh all right I know we had long woolly socks but knees were blue from November to March.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 00:44
Good Lord. I remember that. And if your knees were to strike each other it flippin well hurt.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

vic cross

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 09:51
As some of you may know I'm a Geordie from South Shields. In my teenage years (The 50's) I and my friends used to go out hiking in the Nothumberland moors at all times of the year and in all weathers. One winter we camped on the top of THE Cheviot hill and woke up to 3 feet of snow on the tents. We all wore shorts and the snow on our legs first melted then froze again into little balls of ice on the hairs on our legs. It jingled as we walked. When we eventually got the bus home we just dried our legs off with a towel from our back packs. There were other people on the bus who had jeans on and they were wet through and very cold and uncomfortable all the way home. When I was young I was tough but now at 80 I feel the cold a little more. January is the time for a nice warm cruise to the Caribbean.
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

Algernon

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 10:23
Fuller's, the brewer whose beers include London Pride, is to sell its entire drinks business to Japan's biggest brewer Asahi.

FREE DRINKS FOR LIFE TO ANYONE WITH AN ASAHI PENTAX CAMERA

So they've been brewin beer rather than makin cameras

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 25/01/2019 - 10:25

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 11:43
Jeans are the worst when cold and wet.

As a schoolgirl I had to wear skirts and white cotton socks. Not even woolly ones were allowed for us. The boys at least got to wear long grey woolly socks in winter, but we had to wear short white ones which soon got filthy and were a nightmare to wash. We weren't even allowed wellies or anything but the designated pug ugly Clarks shoes either.
Ah the good old days .

Algernon

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 11:58
We used to wear wooden clogs and no socks I used to love making the hoop iron spark on the cobble-stone flags

--

Algi
Last Edited by Algernon on 25/01/2019 - 12:00

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 13:58
You could afford wooden clogs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAdlkunflRs

Algernon

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 14:42
Silver Spoon Yorkshire people! ....... always moaning even though they have such affluent and easy lives ..... Wouldn't survive long on this side of the Pennines

---

Algi

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 15:30
You sound like His Nibs.

RobL

Link Posted 25/01/2019 - 16:11
Listen to us all! Do you reckon in 50 years the millennials will be reminiscing how the central heating would go below 22C in the middle of winter?
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.