Another pointless thread

Gwyn

Link Posted 30/01/2019 - 21:32
Not that you are counting the minutes or anything HG

We don't have anything to burn wood or coal. No chimney on our wooden house.

Keep warm everyone.

08tiger

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 06:13
And there`s me trying to find ways to stay cool and dry and the grass needs mowing twice a week.
C&C welcome.
Don.

jeallen01

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 08:39
Something for Vic:
A young real estate was pushing hard to sell an apartment to an old codger.

After highlighting its many features, he ended his routine with: "Remember, Mr Brown, this is an investment for the future."

"Listen, young man," said Mr Brown wearily, "At my stage of life I don't even buy green bananas."

K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS

K10D

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 15:38
08tiger wrote:
And there`s me trying to find ways to stay cool and dry and the grass needs mowing twice a week.

It was cool this morning as shown on my solar water system at 8:05am

not the sharpest image I know but I put it down to camera shake (me shivering).

and today at 3:22pm

Quite a swing in readings!
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 17:32
A pity the air temp wasn't 28.4C

Defragged

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 20:37
Does anyone know the identity of this artists monogram? Please.

C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Hardgravity

Link Posted 31/01/2019 - 20:37
08tiger wrote:

Sheep?

And yes I am counting Gwyn
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

K10D

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 07:30
Dusty snow and hail stones.....@ -4'C here while they are sweating heaps in Oz.....

vic cross

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 10:57
John. You cheeky sod. I'm only 80 so I've got a good 20 plus years to go. ??????????????????
CHEERS Vic.
Born again biker with lots of Pentax bits. Every day I wake up is a good day. I'm so old I don't even buy green bananas.

jeallen01

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 11:34
vic cross wrote:
John. You cheeky sod. I'm only 80 so I've got a good 20 plus years to go. ??????????????????
CHEERS Vic.

"green bananas", Mate!
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS

Gwyn

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 12:27
Defragged wrote:

This site has it : http://www.artistssignatures.com/monograms.php?page=3&letter=h but you have to sign up to find out who it is. I guess it depends on how desperate you are to know whether it is worth it or not.

Edit a bit further digging suugests Henri Le Jeune.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 01/02/2019 - 12:30

Defragged

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 17:54
Gwyn wrote:
Defragged wrote:

This site has it : http://www.artistssignatures.com/monograms.php?page=3&letter=h but you have to sign up to find out who it is. I guess it depends on how desperate you are to know whether it is worth it or not.

Edit a bit further digging suugests Henri Le Jeune.

Thank you very, very much indeed for that Gwyn. I had in fact come across that site but did not particularly wish to sign up to it if it could be avoided. Your suggestion though of Henri Le Jeune is spot on. Initially (no pun intended) I thought the initials were H L. It was late in the day before I had the notion it could be H J L or some combination of those three letters and by that time I needed to retire to bed. Before doing so however, I thought there's nothing to loose by posting for help here in this fountain of knowledge that is the Pentax forum, and I'm glad I did so.
I googled his work and found the art that I was looking for so please accept my deep gratitude for the the time you took to research this.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

K10D

Link Posted 01/02/2019 - 19:02
skipping across water, flying through trees and the leap from the bridge at the end. Epic. Don't even think the sound track could have been better.

K10D

Link Posted 05/02/2019 - 21:03
TOWIE (next week)

I'll need to watch what I'm doing down there........

Gwyn

Link Posted 06/02/2019 - 08:53
Never seen TOWIE. Living here has it's advantages

Nothing wrong with (parts of) Essex, but it's a bit colder than the last place you went.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.