UPINSMOKE

Joined: 3rd April 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

UPINSMOKE
I did manage to get the NEW TAMRON 2X CONVERTER PENTAX AF FIT for £42 so am quite pleased with myself for waiting as all the others that were being sold on Ebay went for around the £50 mark. Just waiting for it to arrive now.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Pentax Fit 2x Converter at 24/04/2007 - 10:34

UPINSMOKE
Thanks George I may just do that. At that price it would be worth the gamble to see what its like.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Pentax Fit 2x Converter at 18/04/2007 - 12:52

UPINSMOKE
I am thinking of buying this 2x Converter for my Pentax K100D Camera. What do you think please any advice is it a good lens.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TAMRON-2X-CONVERTER-PENTAX-AF-FIT-35MM-DIGITAL_W0QQitemZ170101575843QQihZ007QQcategoryZ30059QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Pentax Fit 2x Converter at 18/04/2007 - 11:50

UPINSMOKE
Quote:
Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 SP LD Macro ordered it today
It was ordered but Camera King and Warehouse Express don't have it in stock, well not for the Pentax anyway. It really makes me mad when they show it in stock on their websites and then say its not in stock.

I have tried several others with the same result. So now have gone for the Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro Lens from here http://www.fotosense.co.uk/shop/Pentax/SLR_Lens/Pentax_DA_70mm_f_24_LIMITED_EDITION_Pancake_Lens.asp?productID=4654&tabID=2

This comes with a free UV Filter as well. They have it in stock. And told me I should get it Friday. Well I live in hope.

Just have to wait and see. Is this lens any better or are they on par with each other?[/code]

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Macro Lenses Advice Urgently Needed Please at 26/04/2007 - 20:20

UPINSMOKE
Hi Tim I have gone for the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 SP LD Macro ordered it today. I am hoping this is the latest one as it costing me £249 from Camera King.

I will hopefully get it tomorrow as I paid the extra for next day delivery. So if it comes will be out trying to capture some pic like yours.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Macro Lenses Advice Urgently Needed Please at 24/04/2007 - 21:30

UPINSMOKE
Any thoughts and advice.

I an thinking of either the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 SP LD Macro or the Sigma EX 105/2.8 Macro DG.

Has anyone used either of these.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Macro Lenses Advice Urgently Needed Please at 24/04/2007 - 10:36

UPINSMOKE
Thanks Mike thats good news to me. Any Idea the best price for this on the net or a shop.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Macro Lenses Advice Urgently Needed Please at 18/04/2007 - 14:30

UPINSMOKE
Thanks for the info, I have been looking around myself and was wondering about the Sigma 105mm EX DG Macro. But just wonderwd if anyone had used it. And their oppinions on that.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Macro Lenses Advice Urgently Needed Please at 18/04/2007 - 12:55

UPINSMOKE
I am after a Macro Lens for my K100D Camera Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a budget of around £250 give or take £50 any suggestion on what make. And also the cheapest place to buy either on the net or in a shop.

I just love the macro shots on the forum and want to have a go myself.

Any thoughts and advice.

I an thinking of either the Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 SP LD Macro or the Sigma EX 105/2.8 Macro DG.

Has anyone used either of these.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on Macro Lenses Advice Urgently Needed Please at 18/04/2007 - 11:48

UPINSMOKE
I have just ordered these from Pixmania.com

Hama Tripod Traveller 4 £ 19.57
Hama 52mm UV Filter £ 8.51
Hama Circular Polarising filter 52mm £ 19.57

What do you think please. I thought the prices were very good. I also bought my camera and lenses from them. You get a discount card that gives you 7% off futher purchases and give you reduced postage as well.

Comment by UPINSMOKE posted on DSLR Advice at 13/04/2007 - 00:17

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo