Tyr

Joined: 11th April 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Tyr
Still open to sensible offers on the DA-L 55-300 & DA 35 2.4.

Comment by Tyr posted on DA-L lenses and a cheap K-r at 18/03/2019 - 11:06

Tyr
The light, with the low cloud/mist, in that first shot is just right.

Comment by Tyr posted on February in North Wales at 06/03/2019 - 22:17

Tyr
It's always nice to see your shots. Focus nailed on the right spot and enough DoF and good composition. Always tempting me to get some extension rings or bellows and a ring-flash!

Comment by Tyr posted on A few ladybirds at 06/03/2019 - 22:16

Tyr
I'm especially fond of the vaulted room. I lived in Yorkshire for 4 years and never went. Didn't have a car at the time which didn't help. I'll have to go back.

Comment by Tyr posted on Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal at 06/03/2019 - 22:14

Tyr
LennyBloke wrote:
Mike-P wrote:
Last try ... £799 incl UK postage.

Only until Thursday then it goes in part exchange.
Excellent camera at an Incredible price from a well respected forum member - how it hasn't sold I don't understand
Becasue everyone is still poor after Christmas

Comment by Tyr posted on FS: Pentax K-1 (MKI) at 05/03/2019 - 09:18

Tyr
Wowsers! That's a really good indication of a healthy pond and low pollution. Frogs are incredibly sensitive to changes in the environment and anything toxic because of their skin.

Comment by Tyr posted on Frogs alive! at 02/03/2019 - 11:56

Tyr
If I had £875, I'd have it off you

Comment by Tyr posted on FS: Pentax K-1 (MKI) at 28/02/2019 - 20:19

Tyr
I need to get out and shoot some tits and other birds too

Comment by Tyr posted on Birds in the New Forest at 28/02/2019 - 20:18

Tyr
Lens is back from repair. It is still slightly stiffer than other lenses I have and have used but importantly it has no 'wobble', the camera does not struggle to turn it and it all seems to be working correctly. Pleased with the result. Sadly I'm not keeping it as it is a gift for someone else .

Comment by Tyr posted on DA35 Macro problems at 24/02/2019 - 16:02

Tyr
Nonsense! We should have cameras with no discernible noise at the pixel level at ISO 1024000. Lenses should be so sharp, even at f/1.4 that every pixel resolves detail, on the in focus regions. They should also defy the laws of physics so that at f/22 they resolve just as much detail with no diffraction.

Take home message; take pictures and have fun!

My K-5 may have a lot more noise than a CaNiSo FF monster am at the pixel level at high sensitivity. That doesn't mean the images are not good or not usable. My night shots from Berlin in 2017 are a great example. Mostly ISO 3200+. Is the noise even visible in print (A4) or at viewing sizes (27" screen)? Nope.

Comment by Tyr posted on Interesting read at 23/02/2019 - 15:25

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo