Tyr

Joined: 11th April 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Tyr
Depends what you are looking for... I have found a number of Pentax K and M lenses here in Leeds and also Skipton. There are a few FA lenses (power zoom and cheaper ones) and the shop doesn't want to let them go without the camera that they are attached it.

Comment by Tyr posted on Yorkshire Group at 08/08/2007 - 17:08

Tyr
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in posting I have been on holiday in Northumbeerland.

Saturday sounds good.

Where? I suggest Saltaire as it has good parking/rail facilites. We could shoot on the canal, river, the village, the park and always be close to a cafe if it rains.

Time: 10.30?

meet: on the railway bridge by the station.

However, if you have other suggestions....
Dave
Erm... I've found one in Saltair in Shipley... Is that the place? Looks a bit more 'urban' than what I had in mind but, it is easy to get to...

EDIT: I don't want to turn up at the wrong place.

Comment by Tyr posted on Yorkshire Group at 22/07/2007 - 23:09

Tyr
Sounds good to me...

Comment by Tyr posted on Yorkshire Group at 18/07/2007 - 23:31

Tyr
No idea how I'd get there, seems to be in the middle of nowhere.

"Buses to and from Leeds: 64, 64A to Aberford, then approximately 20 mins walk - 2 buses per hour Monday to Saturday daytime, hourly service evenings and weekends. Direct buses: 56/7 summer holidays only."

Doesn't seem too bad...

Comment by Tyr posted on Yorkshire Group at 30/06/2007 - 09:30

Tyr
Quote:
welcome aboard lasgolover that makes four of us in the West Yorks area.

Looks like we should have a meet in the next couple of monthes the oentax magazine have asked me to write up a mee with some pretty pics.

Alan, are you there? What do you think shall we try for Lotherton Hall?

Dave

<----- Learn to count

Comment by Tyr posted on Yorkshire Group at 29/06/2007 - 23:08

Tyr
Yes, my Super A is a good size and weight, jut don't like the positioning of the controls as they are difficult to get to.

Imagine a Super A with an ergonomic redesign and the sensor from the K20D. You don't need a large screen on the back either,just enough for the histogram and to get the composition right.

Battery life with the new sensor means smaller batteries could be used as well.

Comment by Tyr posted on DON'T BUY PENTAX DIGITAL LENSES!!! at 09/05/2008 - 19:35

Tyr
I think what Pentax really need is an K1000 sized (or a little smaller, or better shaped for handling) 1.5x crop DSLR to gi with their wonderfully small lenses.

Comment by Tyr posted on DON'T BUY PENTAX DIGITAL LENSES!!! at 09/05/2008 - 09:13

Tyr
Someone mentioned about technology getting cheaper and a lot more advanced in terms of memory, processors, etc. This is because they are produced on smaller and smaller fabrication processes each year and the amount of materials and energy required to produce them also decreases drastically.

With large format chips that will always use a lot of power/resources to produce the price will hit a barrier that it can't go under unless they move manufacturing to a cheaper country or sacrifice on quality.

Mass production does help but when producing large and expensive chips it won't change that much as the fault rate will be quite high per square inch and affect a lot more of the stock. Processes do improve all the time but it is still very complicated to produce large chips which are wholly intact and functional.

With the quality of images from the K20D coming so close to what I've seen from something like the Canon 5D and having a higher resolution for a much lower price is very good. Ok the 5D is a bit old now but the only improvement cannon have made to their full frame sensors is resolution. Noise has not been improved on that much but some of the smaller sensors are catching up.

I think I like the idea of a 135 format sensor but I really like the flexibility a 1.5x crop sensor provides. With improved lenses we still get good wide angles and getting those telephoto shots is easier as you have lighter lenses. Lastly the smaller sensor allows for SR to be in body. you could not have a 135 format K mount body with SR as the image circle and mouth are too small.

Comment by Tyr posted on DON'T BUY PENTAX DIGITAL LENSES!!! at 08/05/2008 - 09:34

Tyr
I'm not really impressed with the performance of the 50-200 although the size is wonderful.

http://www.photozone.de/8Reviews/lenses/pentax_50200_456/index.htm

I've been seeing similar performance on mine, really want to get the DA*60-250F4 to replace it.

Comment by Tyr posted on 50 - 200 DA at 10/07/2007 - 18:01

Tyr
If you used a K10D in continuous shooting mode you'd really notice the difference between a 4GB SDHC and the Extreme III. The Buffer would fill up because the card would bottleneck it on the 4GB SDHC but you'd shoot till the card was full on the Extreme III.

Comment by Tyr posted on SD Card Compatibility at 24/06/2007 - 11:02

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo