Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo Visit Asahi Photo

Yorkshire Group

fatspider
Posted 20/12/2006 - 22:07 Link
The first "official" meeting of the Yorkshire group took place in Leeds last night, (that is a total of myself and Dave) our other founding member Roy was unable to attend due to other commitments but we promised him a return visit in the new year so he doesn't miss out. not that he missed much anyway, the Xmas lights in Leeds this year are quite poor so we struggled to find any decent shots, if it wasn't for the illuminated buildings and the nice big tree in City Square then we could well have come home empty handed, or should that be empty carded?

Hopefully Dave will add his two-penneth to this post and be brave enough to post the first pic.........

Sorry, EDIT.....last night should read TONIGHT
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
davem
Posted 22/12/2006 - 20:19 Link
I think that we can certainly say the Yorkshire team is up and 2/3rds running.

I must admit I was not sure what to expect a - looney pentax user who talks excitedly about his K10d that is on order? - well yes we had that. I kept quiet to hide my ignorance and set the camera to automatic pilot...But actually for someone who generally does things on his own I enjoyed Alans company and that of the drunken revellers showing us the best pictures to take and their best profiles!

I would like to share some of my the photos as I think the buildings have come out quite well. At the moment I am unsure of how to share them with you guys.

Looking forward to the next outing. I hope that more will join us.

Dave
johnriley
Posted 22/12/2006 - 20:38 Link
The best way to share pictures is to post them on the sister site to this one www.ephotozine.com

Just let us know your user name and we'll go and have a look.
Best regards, John
fatspider
Posted 23/12/2006 - 00:08 Link
Dave....I thought we got on really well, how dare you publicly call me a looney and drunken reveller.

PS: Santa will soon bring this looney his K10D and I have just ordered my Robin Hood outfit for my drunken revelling on new years eve, my wife on the other hand has decided to keep me in check by wearing a nuns habit, not sure what she is wearing underneath it yet but my istD will be ready*** (Tho' you lot wont see the pics)

***do you honestly think I would take my new K10D out and Drink?????
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Posted 29/06/2007 - 21:52 Link
hey...im a yorkshire k10d user !!!!!!!

check my site !

www.image-i-nation.co.uk
davem
Posted 29/06/2007 - 22:46 Link
welcome aboard lasgolover that makes four of us in the West Yorks area.

Looks like we should have a meet in the next couple of monthes the oentax magazine have asked me to write up a mee with some pretty pics.

Alan, are you there? What do you think shall we try for Lotherton Hall?

Dave

Tyr
Posted 29/06/2007 - 23:08 Link
davem wrote:
welcome aboard lasgolover that makes four of us in the West Yorks area.

Looks like we should have a meet in the next couple of monthes the oentax magazine have asked me to write up a mee with some pretty pics.

Alan, are you there? What do you think shall we try for Lotherton Hall?

Dave

<----- Learn to count
fatspider
Posted 30/06/2007 - 00:05 Link

I'm always up for meeting fellow Pentax users, Lotherton Hall sounds good to me, do you think we could manage it before the schools break up? nothing worse than noisy kids to intrude on ones drunken reveling

Dave; will PM you
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Tyr
Posted 30/06/2007 - 09:30 Link
No idea how I'd get there, seems to be in the middle of nowhere.

"Buses to and from Leeds: 64, 64A to Aberford, then approximately 20 mins walk - 2 buses per hour Monday to Saturday daytime, hourly service evenings and weekends. Direct buses: 56/7 summer holidays only."

Doesn't seem too bad...
fatspider
Posted 18/07/2007 - 19:24 Link
Well here I am folks, back from sunny Greece , actually it was more like SCORCHING Greece, far too hot to even bother leaving the poolside, however my liver is now recovering and I have vowed never to touch another beer (in yer dreams )

Assuming we can dodge the raindrops how are we all fixed for venturing out and about, what about saturday the 28th?
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Tyr
Posted 18/07/2007 - 23:31 Link
Sounds good to me...
davem
Posted 22/07/2007 - 22:55 Link
Sorry for the delay in posting I have been on holiday in Northumbeerland.

Saturday sounds good.

Where? I suggest Saltaire as it has good parking/rail facilites. We could shoot on the canal, river, the village, the park and always be close to a cafe if it rains.

Time: 10.30?

meet: on the railway bridge by the station.

However, if you have other suggestions....
Dave
Tyr
Posted 22/07/2007 - 23:09 Link
davem wrote:
Sorry for the delay in posting I have been on holiday in Northumbeerland.

Saturday sounds good.

Where? I suggest Saltaire as it has good parking/rail facilites. We could shoot on the canal, river, the village, the park and always be close to a cafe if it rains.

Time: 10.30?

meet: on the railway bridge by the station.

However, if you have other suggestions....
Dave

Erm... I've found one in Saltair in Shipley... Is that the place? Looks a bit more 'urban' than what I had in mind but, it is easy to get to...

EDIT: I don't want to turn up at the wrong place.
davem
Posted 23/07/2007 - 19:52 Link
Saturday 28th July Meet

Hello Tyr

You are right Saltaire is the next station after shipley on the Airedale line.

I thought that this would be a ggod place as the week ahead looks pretty wet and must 'rural sites' will be quite wet. Also it is easy access by car train or bus!

see http://www.martinruffe.co.uk/retrospective/saltaireBW1.htm for some interesting photos of this world heritage site. The canal, river and Roberts Park are all adjacent to the station as well.

Any one interested in joining us let me know so that we don't set off without you. If you prefer leave me a private message.

Davem
Posted 08/08/2007 - 16:50 Link
Hello! I'm a k10d user from Yorkshire! Wakefield, very close to Leeds.

By the way I don't suppose any of you know of a shop in the area that stocks 2nd hand pentax lenses?

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.