Tyr

Joined: 11th April 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Tyr
Wait... Important thing I've missed, is this for an SLR or DSLR and what model?

Comment by Tyr posted on The ultimate landscape lens? at 02/05/2007 - 22:07

Tyr
Depends what effect you want... I mean you could use a fish eye but that isn't very general. I think if looking for something new the 16-45 would be quite good but possibly not wide enough at the equivalent of 24-67.5mm. The problem is that the 12-24mm is very expensive and only adds a little to the lower end. It does let in a lot of light with the 77mm front end though.

Comment by Tyr posted on The ultimate landscape lens? at 02/05/2007 - 21:56

Tyr
Do you want to insert the images to your post? Then use [ img ] before and [ /img ] after (without the spaces) You have to copy the image URL not the website. Quote my post to see what I mean in the reply page.

eg:

Here are his pics:
Comment Image


Comment Image


I love the colour on both, and the overall softness of the second just feels right.

Comment by Tyr posted on tulips in the early evening light at 02/05/2007 - 20:49

Tyr
Looks rather dodgey to me as nobody has heard anything much and the dates are well... Rather off... at PMA Pentax rep had no idea when the lenses would finally make it out.

Comment by Tyr posted on For those who can't wait at 02/05/2007 - 20:56

Tyr
Right, having thought about if for a while I'm now really confused about which of the three would be best to get.

I believe it is this:
http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/zooms/short/FA28-105f4-5.6-i.html

And I'd really prefer:
http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/zooms/short/FA28-105f3.2-4.5.html

For obvious reasons.

The lens will be used on a K10 and I'm worried about chromatic abberations from a non DA lens.

I need a few more oppinions and information before I go for it.

All three 28-105 lenses have a different glass arrangement and build so it is very.

Actually while writing this I think I'd rather just get a new 28-105 F3.2-4.5 as is has the aspherical elemtnt and no rotating front end.

Comment by Tyr posted on SMC 28-105mm at 11/05/2007 - 13:51

Tyr
Right, I'll go back and have a really good look at it then at some point

Comment by Tyr posted on SMC 28-105mm at 02/05/2007 - 07:31

Tyr
Well, it didn't seem to have much in the way of any indications or anything...

Just double checked, it was a Z-10... Might go for it at that price and use the camera every so often and use the lens more.

If it was a ZX-10 I'd have snapped it up at that price as I think it is a better camera, especially the AF.

Comment by Tyr posted on SMC 28-105mm at 01/05/2007 - 19:18

Tyr
I found a second had 28-105 lens the other day but they guy didn't want to let it go without the attached camera. I think it was a ZX-10 (I think) which I was very unimpressed with, next to no operation options at all. Might as well by a point and shoot! It was £75 for the two, what do you think?

Comment by Tyr posted on SMC 28-105mm at 01/05/2007 - 17:42

Tyr
How do you find focusing without a split screen prism?

Comment by Tyr posted on £20 Manuel Focus Pentax A 80-200mm lens quick 1st Image at 01/05/2007 - 17:36

Tyr
Those are very good, excellent detail on all three. Where'd you get the adapter?

Comment by Tyr posted on ant and spider macors at 01/05/2007 - 08:45

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo