For those who can't wait

George Lazarette

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 11:21

amoringello

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 12:16
Excellent! The advertised price of $899 just seemed too low. This guy's $1185 is much better.

As always, I guess someone will be willing pay the price to be the first kid on his block with the new toy.

Mac

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 12:37
George,

Do I forecast the "ex" being dropped from your sign-off?

It looks great on paper!

If you could only have one lens welded to your 10D???

Mac from Montreal

SP, SPII, SPF, PZ-10, P30, SFX, K110D, istDS, Optio 60, Z-10, H90, RZ10, I-10, f3.5 28mm, f1.8 55mm, f1.4 50mm, f3.5 135mm, f2.5 135mm, f4 50mm Macro, f4.5 80-200 F, f4 35-70, f3.5 28-80, f3.5 35-135, f3.5 18-55, f1.8 31mm Ltd., two Auto 110's, Auto 110 lenses and filters, tubes, bellows, Manfrottos and a sore back.

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 12:49

Whatever happened to what Pentax UK have been telling Chris @ SRS about needing to build up stocks before releasing these babies upon the world at large? Or is it just a UK thing again... Every other camera toting country in the world gets first look in
Spirit_of_will

Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit

WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com

Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 12:52
And... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pentax-DA-SDM-2-8-50-135-Zoomobjektiv-z-B-K10D_W0QQitemZ15... you can now have a full set of the new DA*'s - no UK import duty to pay on this one either!!!

Come on Pentax UK - get your act together!!!
Spirit_of_will

My Flickr

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 14:13
"This lens will be available for shipping on or afterApril 30th, 2007
Please reserve yours now. Limited quantity available." on the 16-50

"This objective is already ordered with the manufacturer - the distribution takes place immediately after availability!" on the 50-135

This would worry me a tad.... Nothing like being vague! Would the money be taken upfront?

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Mongoose

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 14:40
mmmm I find the wordings Chris points out suspect at best. 10:1 these people haven't even seen one yet.

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 14:42
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Please reserve yours now. Limited quantity available." on the 16-50

...distribution takes place immediately after availability!" on the 50-135

This would worry me a tad.... Nothing like being vague! Would the money be taken upfront?

Chris

Money upfront??? Too right... it's ebay!!!

And as for the availability - sounds like they have the 16-50 in stock in Japan but on the 50-135 from Germany, as you say, they couldn't be more vague!!!

Don't worry Chris - I'd only import what you can't get your hands on for me!!!

Don't you think you're missing a trick here - get people to bid on placing an order... Just think you could offer up the 645D or DA* 300mm and somewhere in the small print put a little "when we get stock from Pentax" disclaimer. Would certainly be interesting to see what offers you get...

Not brill for customer service tho!!!
Spirit_of_will

My Flickr

Daniel Bridge

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 20:06
spirit_of_will wrote:
Money upfront??? Too right... it's ebay!!!

And as for the availability - sounds like they have the 16-50 in stock in Japan but on the 50-135 from Germany, as you say, they couldn't be more vague!!!

The German one states "Cash on collection", so no money upfront (unless I'm wrong ), the Japanese one's statement of "available for shipping on or after April 30th, 2007" could easily be replaced with "available for shipping sometime in the future" - nothing there that says they have them yet.

Dan

George Lazarette

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 20:14
Mac wrote:
George,

If you could only have one lens welded to your 10D???

It would be the 31mm Ltd. The 77 is my favourite lens, but the 31 is used more.

The 16-50 is obviously more versatile, but size and weight are against it.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Tyr

Link Posted 02/05/2007 - 20:56
Looks rather dodgey to me as nobody has heard anything much and the dates are well... Rather off... at PMA Pentax rep had no idea when the lenses would finally make it out.
Regards,
Dan

https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/

spirit_of_will

Link Posted 03/05/2007 - 07:59
[quote="Daniel Bridge
The German one states "Cash on collection", so no money upfront (unless I'm wrong
Dan[/quote]

German sellers often say Cash on collection - whereas for most buyers that actually means having to go to the hassle of setting up an international wire transfer... ebay doesn't show wire transfer as a standard payment method.

Bottom line is that until we see these lenses officially released - any offer to sell them looks way too shady for me!!!

Must check Ned Bunnell's blog as that's normally a reasonable source of info...

It's not like I'm really after getting my hands on one of these lenses - but I'm still using all non-DA lenses and 28-70 isn't the most versatile as a standard lens to carry around all day... I've tried to be patient and wait for the 16-50 instead of getting a 16-45 from day one... What was an initial 3 month wait turns into a 5 month wait and it's now looking like being a 7 month wait...
Spirit_of_will

My Flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.