All Forum Comments
Comment by TOZZA27 posted on Test your colour recognition! at 23/10/2009 - 13:42
Crikey !! I hope not - otherwise I might start fancying myself and the Nee ( my wife ) would be very very upset.
Maybe a hismaphrodite ?
Or a hermit ?
PS. are you a New Year`s Yves or a Christmas Yves ?
Maybe a hismaphrodite ?
Or a hermit ?
PS. are you a New Year`s Yves or a Christmas Yves ?
Comment by TOZZA27 posted on Useless topic at 19/10/2009 - 15:56
Most of my life has been dedicated to putting my art on to a plate - I am a retired Maitre Chef de Cuisine/Restaurateur/Hotelier - and my art form was producing food which not only tasted great but also looked ( and smelled )great.
Now,retired ,I put my art onto the photographic plate ( well I did when I used film ! ) and need to use most of the same techniques to attract the viewer/eater.
Colour and balance are very important as is depth and shape - and fortunately my successes survive for longer than the production stage and can be replicated perfectly.If I am given the raw materials I can create a dish without too much hassle - likewise if I have my camera and I see something which is attractive/interesting/exciting or strange I can capture the moment and also now edit and tweak until I am satisfied with the result - the proof of the pudding though lies with the viewer........
Now,retired ,I put my art onto the photographic plate ( well I did when I used film ! ) and need to use most of the same techniques to attract the viewer/eater.
Colour and balance are very important as is depth and shape - and fortunately my successes survive for longer than the production stage and can be replicated perfectly.If I am given the raw materials I can create a dish without too much hassle - likewise if I have my camera and I see something which is attractive/interesting/exciting or strange I can capture the moment and also now edit and tweak until I am satisfied with the result - the proof of the pudding though lies with the viewer........
Comment by TOZZA27 posted on Artist or Photographer? at 19/10/2009 - 15:50
Is it possible to ask mike-p to change his avatar as I`ve just used up a can of fly spray on my HP computer screen to kill that dratted bug and the little bu**er is still going round and round and round.
Off for another injection of Oestrogen for my prostate cancer - no real complaints except for the fact that I`m now going through the menopause ( seriously - night sweats and hot flushes ) and the only thing that gets aroused now is my 28-300 Sigma - lol.
Off for another injection of Oestrogen for my prostate cancer - no real complaints except for the fact that I`m now going through the menopause ( seriously - night sweats and hot flushes ) and the only thing that gets aroused now is my 28-300 Sigma - lol.
Comment by TOZZA27 posted on Useless topic at 19/10/2009 - 15:36
Hi,
just browsing through the site and came across this page - I too have many of these old brochures ( wanted - not to be thrown out ! )The nearest I have come to the lenses is my 1:6.3 300mm and my 1:4 300 and my 1:4.5/85~210 - all a bit heavy by today`s standards but the most beautiful optics and ideal when I have the tripod set up upstairs for garden "action/pap" shots of my wildlife population.They will fit happily with my *istD or K20D,MZ5n,SF7,Me super,Spotmatic 1000,ESII or ES with or without the adapters as neccessary.I also have a Russian PraotorII 1:8 500mm - not a patch on the Pentaxes but handy with a doubler for the foxes at the bottom of the garden.
Regards
Tony
just browsing through the site and came across this page - I too have many of these old brochures ( wanted - not to be thrown out ! )The nearest I have come to the lenses is my 1:6.3 300mm and my 1:4 300 and my 1:4.5/85~210 - all a bit heavy by today`s standards but the most beautiful optics and ideal when I have the tripod set up upstairs for garden "action/pap" shots of my wildlife population.They will fit happily with my *istD or K20D,MZ5n,SF7,Me super,Spotmatic 1000,ESII or ES with or without the adapters as neccessary.I also have a Russian PraotorII 1:8 500mm - not a patch on the Pentaxes but handy with a doubler for the foxes at the bottom of the garden.
Regards
Tony
Comment by TOZZA27 posted on Scarce as Chicken's Teeth at 31/08/2009 - 16:26


I got 7 - not bad for a 63 year old - and yes my eyes are flashing too
Toz