Telstar

Joined: 5th June 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Telstar
Ive got the same set - I just put a couple of m42 tubes between the camera with adaptor and the bellows - seemed to work ok but as it was my first attempt with them i probably didnt know any better.....

Comment by Telstar posted on More M42 lenses and early Asahi Bellows on eBay at 27/01/2010 - 12:31

Telstar
Hi, now I know from my time here there are some aviation buffs around, just got some info from another forum I frequent (a motorbike one) that the Antonov 225 will be at east midlands airport on saturday.

(The guy who posted works for the company thats hired it so the info is good :wink

EDIT: and if a mod could correct the typo in the title i'd be eternally grateful

Comment by Telstar posted on A heads up for the aviation spotters here at 27/01/2010 - 00:18

Telstar
jackitec wrote:
Not so sure about these, I would prefer Pentax went this way but with Pentax lenses!! link

Jack.
What like this?

pentax nx-10 rumour (Incl. very bad pic)

Nx-10 K mount adaptor rumour (Again with pic)

Comment by Telstar posted on New Pentax Optio cameras fully leaked at 25/01/2010 - 14:36

Telstar
Cheers mike, its up at £225, but 'mates rates' means about 140 to me

Comment by Telstar posted on Should I upgrade my macro? at 24/01/2010 - 18:10

Telstar
Bit the bullet and got it, had a little play (nothing serious yet worth posting but that will come). Pleased as punch.

On another matter he has a sigma 30mm F1.4 in, (early pre ex one). Any opinions on these? Looks like it would be good for low light conditions...

Comment by Telstar posted on Should I upgrade my macro? at 23/01/2010 - 14:04

Telstar
Thanks Guys. Erring towards getting it, the auto aperture will be a godsend and it is sooo shiny..

It has the leather hard 'tube' case (HB-120?) rather than the big case - so no accessories i'm afraid Hefty, still its a nice thing to own in that condition I think.

Comment Image

Comment by Telstar posted on Should I upgrade my macro? at 22/01/2010 - 21:32

Telstar
Hi all, I've been offered a 100-A Dental macro, minty fresh (never seen an A lens that looked like its been used less, comes with the lovely hardcase - which probably explains the condition!)
Now I have an 100-k macro in fair condition but am seriously considering an upgrade (seller is likely to take it in part-ex). As far as I know the glass is the same in both, (the mid eighties -A if afaik the same physically to the 70's one I have now) The main change is the -A setting meaning I wont have to do as much manual metering, so I feel I may get more usable frames from a shoot. (Plus its a K mount rather than an adapted m42 like my other)

Any helpful opinions?

Comment by Telstar posted on Should I upgrade my macro? at 22/01/2010 - 19:25

Telstar
Its been this way for at least 7-8 weeks or more, all my comp entries are from my flickr site, and i always bring the 'large', 1024 long pic's, in and the PuF site resizes them to 800. (had initially thought that the Flickr choice of sizes, med being 500 and large 1024 would cause me problems posting to here but was pleasantly surpised when the first one i tried turned out ok..)

Comment by Telstar posted on Fortnightly competition #26 - Comments on half and half at 05/10/2009 - 00:08

Telstar
Tethered

Comment Image


30:08:09
Gx20
1/250
Sigma 28-200 @60mm
AV mode F4.5
Iso 100

Comment by Telstar posted on Fortnightly Competition #23 The Ground at 01/09/2009 - 00:10

Telstar
Thanks for the comments Aiki, yes I had looked at many different crops too! In the end i just cropped some unwanted details from the top and cloned out the odd cigarette butt laying about. Your right about the bottom shadow and untidy concrete needing to go but that seemed to lose the proportions i was going for.

Oh and the location is the taxi rank outside Barcelona airport - I had a 4 hr wait for a flight and was getting bored

Comment by Telstar posted on FORTNIGHTLY COMPETITION #21 SHADOWS at 05/08/2009 - 22:06

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo