ShotGun

Joined: 8th September 2003

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

ShotGun
Hello there!! It's been a long while since I last posted here...

I just came back from a long holiday in my father's remote hometown, somewhere in Dinagat Island, Surigao del Norte. I still have loads of RAW files waiting to be processed and uploaded.

Below is a link of some of them... mostly taken with my new pentax smc 16-45mm DA lens. Stay tuned to this link as I keep it updated with loads of pics with the 16-45mm.

http://www.photonski.com/shotgun/Surigao

Cheers!!

Shotgun

Comment by ShotGun posted on Surigao del Norte and 16-45mm at 21/05/2004 - 04:29

ShotGun
Since the day I bought the smc 50mm f1.7 I fell in love with it, and since then it is the lens that is kept attached to my camera, unless the situation requires another lense It's versatile, vey compact, extremely sharp, contrasty, neutral and produces good color rendition. 'nuf said

Comment by ShotGun posted on What is your favorite lens? at 22/03/2004 - 08:00

ShotGun
I've posted this on the dpreview pentax forums and thought of sharing it to you Your comments are most welcome, good or bad

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1028&message=8009929

Comment by ShotGun posted on Thought I'd share this to you :) at 17/03/2004 - 03:26

ShotGun
LOL guys!! Thanks.

This is a small contest and the ultimate prize is a Nikon D70 kit after about 8 more months of competition The monthly winner walks away with some prizes, and the pic gets published in the month's issue of PHOTOi magazine.

Well... I'm just joining this for fun.. but if ever I'll be the lucky one to get that camera, I guess I'll just have to sell it and get some more good glass from Pentax

Cheers!!

Comment by ShotGun posted on Little participation of the *ist-D at 11/03/2004 - 16:15

ShotGun
Hi All!!

It's been a while that I'm away from the forums!! Phew! Been busy with office work lately I also have been busy working with the digital images I took for my client's new product.

Anyway, just to share with the folks here that I am participating in a local monthly photo competition hosted by www.photoi.com.sg (under name Santiago D. Luis, III) - actually they got my surname mispelled he hee..

For March, I got first place
http://www.photoi.com.sg/bestphotographer/200402.shtml

Last month, February..only within next best 10
http://www.photoi.com.sg/bestphotographer/200401.shtml

Taken with *ist-D

Regards to all!

Comment by ShotGun posted on Little participation of the *ist-D at 10/03/2004 - 03:04

ShotGun
Malcolm,

That was a very exciting assignment!!! I think you were having a good time. As to the tips on working on the shots, I think Matt has said it all well. The shots were not bad... but you still can play around with curves and levels in PS to give them more punch!! Congratulations.


Shotgun

Comment by ShotGun posted on Flying - Emergency Help Needed! at 10/03/2004 - 14:43

ShotGun
Hi All,

Been away for a while....

yes i think the previous post by "Guest" is right. If you are using a lense with an appreture ring, you must set it to the "A" position. Buy defaut the *ist-D is set to operate with this setting.

Rgds.

Comment by ShotGun posted on *ist D - HELP! at 10/03/2004 - 02:47

ShotGun
It rocks!!

Now I have a good reason to shoot in RAW even more
It's fast, and has waay MORE controls. I'm a happier man

Sample image from RAW -> 8bit TIFF -> JPEG (A friend's 3-month old son).


Comment Image

Comment by ShotGun posted on Photoshop *ist D Raw Support at 15/02/2004 - 11:20

ShotGun
Woohooooo!!! Finally!! Saw this news at the dpreview Pentax forums too.

I'm off there now !!

Comment by ShotGun posted on Photoshop *ist D Raw Support at 14/02/2004 - 02:31

ShotGun
Oooopsss.... I was over-excited to post this... but I think this is OLD news!! Sorry folks!!

Comment by ShotGun posted on Pentax & Phillips & Full-Frame sensors? at 11/02/2004 - 15:51

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo