RR

Joined: 3rd December 2008

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

RR
Stop apologising for being a beginner !
We can see your shots improving every time you post !

Quick c&c for you, seen as you did ask so nicely

1. A (presumably dead) 5 legged bee isn't the most endearing of subjects especially shot from this angle on a flat background. A "busy" bee in it's natural habitat will always be better !

Of the rest, the displaying peacock stands out as a keeper. Nice & sharp & lovely colours.


You're getting there Aminstar. Just need to be more selective with your shots. Try & imagine you are paying for each shot to be printed (as you would have been with film). You'll find yourself giving more careful consideration before pressing that shutter release.

Wildlife won't wait for you however so only experience & a dose of luck will get you the best shots !

Comment by RR posted on Thought I should take another shot at wildlife at 01/03/2009 - 18:42

RR
Flowers look very nice, but I think you've pushed the saturation & contrast a bit far which has resulted in a horribly artificial background.

Comment by RR posted on 'Impression' of Spring at 01/03/2009 - 17:40

RR
You'd be better off finding out what kind of focal lengths you favour by going out & shooting. This way you'll know where to spend the bulk of your budget.

I'd suggest picking up a 18-55 from ebay & trying that for a few weeks first. Then you'll know if you need wider / longer / faster. Then we can help a little more with your choices (if you still need help by then !)

Comment by RR posted on Lens issue at 01/03/2009 - 02:44

RR

Comment by RR posted on Pentax 50-200 DA at 01/03/2009 - 02:38

RR
Do you have a kit lens or did you buy body only ?

Comment by RR posted on Lens issue at 28/02/2009 - 23:13

RR
Good call Paul.

Comment by RR posted on Alternative competition entries at 28/02/2009 - 19:26

RR
The blades behind #3 give it away as an electric shaver foil. (I think)

Cannot fathom #2 though !

Comment by RR posted on Alternative competition entries at 28/02/2009 - 16:31

RR
Quote:
On a personal note to Ralf,
I haven't got the slightest idea what it is, or how you did it.
But is certainly is one worthwhile hanging on the wall. Colourful, joyfully and very creative !!
I can tell what it is, but I agree, very very nice image.

Comment by RR posted on FORTNIGHTLY COMPETITION No 10 COMMENTS. at 28/02/2009 - 14:52

RR
I'm currently bikeless, sold my VTR1000 last year & I still miss the rumble !

[IMG]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/RR76/FRONT.jpg[/IMG]

Comment by RR posted on For the bikers amongst us...... at 27/02/2009 - 18:07

RR
Very nice Karl. I bet it sounds even better than it looks too with that nice short Termi on it !

Comment by RR posted on For the bikers amongst us...... at 27/02/2009 - 08:33

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo